Options

Scottish Runners

Comments

• Options

Glad you were fit for a blast at the end tricialitt, and that you survived OH!

Finally feeling good about running again after a weekend of parkrun, 13 miles on the moors with my dogs, then 5 gentle miles with friends this morning and a 'bracing' 18 miler from Elgin to Burghead, mostly into a stiff cold wind. Did need a couple of hours sleep afterwards to recover!

• Options

Loch Katrine was great!  Glorious weather, tough but scenic course and so well organised and marshalled!  Thank you FFB.  Nice to meet you OH and glad you felt better after a cuppa and a bowl of soup. 

• Options

Great running 57.5image

Sounds like you had a good one triciaimage

Nice to see you Sue, OH and Elspethimage

To echo everyone else, FFB, you've definately started something very special. I was a good bit slower than last year but I just wanted to enjoy it all. Huge thanks to you and the team for all your hard work to make this happen, we definately get the good bitimage

• Options

Hi folks - emerging finally!

Am being a bit slow with the results. Have done the marathon, but still got the half and 10k to do. Hoping to get them posted tomorrow. OH you were 4:59:26.

Thanks all for all the great comments.

I now need to get myself back into running mode and get set for The Fling.

• Options

Thanks FFB ( wasn't sure which side of 5h I was on! ) image

• Options

Loch Katrine Results here

No idea what the story is with the half winning time. He was a half marathon entry with a half marathon bib, but as far as I can tell actually only ran the 10k but no one got a note of it

• Options

Well done on LK FFB. Can't imagine what trying to organise a race must be like. Was a bit gutted to miss Loch Katrine this year but hopefully I'll be able to do it next year!!

Training for Edinburgh marathon going okay but its busy time trying to fit in all of the runs for Mrs LB and myself. But we're getting there. Nine weeks to go. 

Good 15 miles on Sunday and a slow recovery yesterday. Least the weather is picking up a little. 

• Options

hope to look back to all you guys from Skiddaw today ... image

• Options

Morning all.

Finally feeling as if I am returning to a bit of a routine.

Got out onto WHW yesterday. A glorious day, but not such Glorious running. Was tacking the technical section between Beinglas and Inversnaid doing an out and back. It does not get any easier. Only good thing this year is that there are less trees and branches and so less chance of taking an eye out or decapitating yourself. Made really slow progress and was way slower than hoped so had to cut eh distance short as Mr FFB was walking and we had agreed a times.

• Options

Yes longbow, the improved weather is well timed for maximum mileage, though I wish the cold wind here would moderate a bit before my 20 tomorrow. Can't wait for the clocks to change for even more evening light!

• Options

Hi All, gosh it is quiet on here these days.

It has been an Ok week for training apart from the day out on the WHW, although to be fair that was a good day and a tough 3 hours of training, just well short on the distance I expected.

Things slow on the contract hunting front but to be honest I am not looking that hard at the moment and am enjoying part time consultancy and having some time to myself to other things.

Better not get too used to that.

• Options

Jusy been out for a last wee run before next week- aalso walked for 2 hours along bottom part of WHW yesterday ( was in Milngavie for optician). Fair number of runners out on the WHW, although I expecte more given how close to flinh it is.

Am wanting to do the fling next year...........need to put in a decent glas Edin next week to make me feel like it is a realistic aim- Obviously the underfoot conditions for the fling are much more difficult compared with the canal towpath.

Lovely spring conditons! Hopnig it is going to stay for nexy week! 

• Options

It is very quiet on here!

Seemed to recover much better after this years Loch Katrine Marathon and quite chuffed at putting in a 50 mile weekimage No spring conditions here though, biting NE winds to contend withimage

• Options

Having just come all the way up the east side from Edinburgh,  weather's definitely better on the west. Managed 9.5 around Derwent water before we left and saw the top of a few hills too. Back home now.

• Options
    Bn horrible weather in Central belt. Did an 18 miler on Friday which wasn't too bad as long as avoided canal, which was just a wind tunnel. Strangely wasn't too windy up the Kilsyth hills. Glad I wasn't running yesterday tho, wind was biting cold, just standing in petrol station filling car was bad enough, bitter bitter cold. Wish spring would warm up and the wind would go.
  • Options

Morning you lot

Need to catch up again

Hope you're all training well.

Coffee calling

• Options

Morning all.

I have been selected as  Baton Bearer image (and my emoticons are not working) so whoop, whoop!!!

I am so proud and so honoured. Wow!!!!

Back up to WHW tomorrow to do Beinglas to Tyndrum. Last year after meeting my nemesis on the previous section I practically walked all of this last section. So, off out to do it some justice. I am determined to do a better race this year. My main issue last year was fluid & nutrition which meant I was too tired and too punchy over the technical sections and then just too wiped to think clearly.

• Options

No less than you deserve Audrey.
    Highly appropriate and fitting.

Delighted for you

imageimageimage

• Options

Excellent FFB!

Weather has been great in this bit of the world. 

• Options

FFB- will they let you do a decent distance wit the baton............say 40 miles? or do you only get a quick sprint?

Great stuff- It will be fun, I'm sure!

Taper niggles............grumpy, tired, feet hurt, legs heavy- 3 sleeps to go!

• Options

Take out the sore feet and add in 'random fits of sneezing for no apparent reason' and that just about sums up my taper too!

See you on Saturday image!

Hello everyone else image!

• Options

ffb: Well done. Take a bowimage

• Options
  • Options

Morning all.

Another run on the WHW yesterday: beiglas to Tyndrum rollercoaster done. Got that same feeling of despair coming in over the last 1.5 miles. I blame the landscape ;o)

Hmm emoticons still not working.

Anyway, found it hard going but it was my 4th consecutive training day and I had done 15 miles of hill work on the spin bike on Tuesday. It may be time for me to taper now, and start to get grumpy too ;o)

Tricialitt, only 200m  like everyone else. Although another friend did ask if I was covering all of Scotland which I though was quite funny.

Loch Katrine made £4,239 for Alzheimer Scotland. So many thanks to all participants and volunteers.

I am also eying up doing an ultra in that area .......

• Options

Well done FFB - that is a good amount of money image.

Checking kit this morning and deciding various shoe / sock combos, only to find my trail shoes which I happily did 40m in last September with no bother, now suddenly feel tight image - taper madness setting in?!!!! Probably because they have sat in the cupboard all winter doing nowt image, so will have to do a couple of miles gentle run / walk in them today to stretch them off again.

Nothing like last minute decisions eh?!! imageimage

Got my food all ready though - getting priorities right image!

• Options

Shoe plan scratched and back to the 'old faithfulls' for Saturday image!

I cannot believe my feet have changed that much in a couple of months that previously okay shoes no longer feel good? imageimage Very strange...

I also cannot believe that Glasgow CC think its a good idea to demolish peoples former homes at the Red Road flats as part of the Commonwealth opening ceremony?!!!! imageimage WTF??? What a totally stupid, bizarre concept...(talking as someone who spent 8 years on the 24th floor of a tower block in Maryhill and has seen both the very good community spirit but also the very bad druggie sides of living like this). Still even though I have been in the Southside for 7 years now in my own 'owned' house, I would find it a deep insult if I had to watch my former home demolished as part of some 'entertainment' feature blasted around the world image.

Mind you, they demolished a good few folks homes to make way for the East End athletes village, so I suppose it has a certain continuity to it imageimage...

• Options

An ultra up at LK would be magic FFB!

I'm not at all organised about saturday- sort of "winging  it" a bit - DID remind OH to get me some porridge and chocolate  milk ( porridge for breakfast, chocolate mile for falkirk wheel).

Not liking this cold weather- but by saturday it'' probably be a heatwave, so we'll just have to see! 

• Options

Tricia - hopefully if we run fast enough we will miss the rain coming into Glasgow Sat morning - but I think it will still be cold.

Was up at Falkirk wheel last week - scoped out free toilets in the visitor centre and there was a coffee kiosk outside - so that might be getting a visit on Saturday too image!

Had a friend visiting from England and she wanted to go out and see the Kelpies at Grangemouth as well as the Wheel - really quite a spectacular sight altogether actually - but I was like, if I see the Kelpies on the race I have gone 5m the wrong way imageimage!

• Options

Having grown up in Glasgow between 1966 and 1987 I could think of no more fitting way of commemorating Glasgow's history than tearing down someone's hoose...image

• Options

Strong rumours that the Moray Marathon is back on the calendar!

Good luck and good weather wishes to the G2Eers.