Options

Paris 2006

Comments

• Options
    Doylie 2Doylie 2 ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Thanks all for the congrats, great conditions, great day, can't give up now, but till next year...............

David, no i have run 5 marathons in the last year and promised my legs a break.

Alco - No the break in Tenerife and sensible approach (beer, curry etc...yuk i sound like Jade Goody)) before London seemed to work and shingles seems to be beating a hasty retreat.

Coops..happy to help..you have mail.......
  • Options
    IQ - I'm pretty certain you can't just turn up. But why not try?! I seem to recall you skidding in a field not so long ago, and you didn't have a special licence for that!

Doylie - legend, mail returned....
  • Options
    You are right Coops - I'll just turn up in my suped up nova (pink with leopard print interior) and join in the fun!

Soooooo bored.......
  • Options
    IQ - you sound like you need to take up Triathlon...

Swimming and cycling are such good fun, with 3 sports, I'm never bored!
  • Options
    Lucky lucky arsenal.....

That said, just desserts on the penalty save - effin cheating diving b$%^$ds.

• Options
    I see some of you are going for the dublin marathon, My home town. It doesnt appeal to me, possibly because I know the route to well. Would find it boring. Hope you all do well. I'm thinking of doing Longford either a marathon or a half-marathon which runs on the same day. Here the web address it any1 wants to do it. http://www.longfordmarathon.com/

Anyway on a seperate note, went out for my first run since Paris. Got a blister(wore the wrong socks)and i'm breaking in a new pair of runners. My last pair were on their final days when i ran Paris, which would explain why I hurt my back doing the race.

Come on Barcelona! Crush AC Milano
  • Options
    Must admit that parts of the Dublin marathon are a bit dull, but then Phoenix Park is superb and the highlight, other than the end around St Stephens Sq.

Cardiff also has many dull bits, but finishing in the Millenium Stadium is a delight.

So it is with all marathons - there are dull bits and really good bits - the crowds see you through the not so interesting parts, if they are present - unfortunately, it is only in the likes of London and Paris where they are prevalent most of the way.
  • Options
    well, we are through to the Dream Finale - must contact my ticket tout today.

The only way Villareal were ever going to score in a month of Sundays was by a penalty from a dive (we all knew it was coming) - otherwise they couldn't hit the side of the House of Commons from 10 yards away. Other than that, they are a really decent side, and presented real opposition, really more difficult to break down than either Real Madrid or Juve - it's just a shame they have that faction of racist fans like so many clubs in Spain.

Anyway, Sol's return last night when not match fit and the early injury to Flamini were always going to put us on the back foot - but with an average age of only 14 3/4, our young side has a lot to look forward to in the new stadium.
  • Options
    Congrats Snoop - your boys were very lucky as completely outplayed but all that matters is you are through. Ol boring boring Arsenal seem to have mastered 1-0 over 180 minutes (3 on the trot)- taking the George Graham and Chelsea tactic to extremes.
    Dont think you could have played worse and not lost so could be a good omen for 17 May. Gotta be a chance against either of the other two.
  • Options
    Well done the Arse - even better that I had a bet on 0-0 (just fancied it), so Lehmann isn't such a w***** after all.

Well - he wasn't last night, he is again now.
  • Options
    Doylie 2Doylie 2 ✭✭✭
    What a dull game

Arsenal not interested in playing football
    or doing anything much at all really

Good job i had several pints of Hoegarden to ease my aching body and take my mind of this dreadful game.

S'pose it's the result though that counts
    Glad it's the cricket season
  • Options
    I dunno Doylie, Guy seemed to enjoy the game by taunting me by text during the match. Who had the last laugh though eh?!
  • Options
    Doylie 2Doylie 2 ✭✭✭
    I was actually pleased they won, firstly for that dreadful dive and secondly so that it takes their mind off the league enabling to win my £100 bet on Spurs finishing above Arsenal.

Apart from that Surrey for promotion
  • Options
    Semi-finals in the biggest competitions are never about playing open football - after all, who ever remembers losing semi-finalists?

No-one will now remember Villareal, except possibly as a Latin American bunch of divers, and no-one ever remembers semi finals - it's all about getting there, and we are - the first ever London side to do so, on a budget of sixpence and a bunch of teenagers.

Who's Guy? ;)
  • Options
    Did we ever sort out a 20/20 match to go to?
  • Options
    Football?! Boooooring!! Come back girls - need someone to gossip with about fake tan and firemen!!!
  • Options
    I'm still dreaming of those Miu Miu shoes in Printemps. Now they really were the stuff of fantasy! ;)
  • Options
    Lets hope Arsenal remember how to play football in time for the final as it could be a corker.

Although if they want to have any chance of winning they probably need the kind of defensive performance they put in last night. Barca are comfortably capable of giving them the kind of hiding that would make them wish they never got to the final.

I don't normally hold with nutters invading the pitch, but the bloke who gave Henry the Barca shirt last night was a cut above.

• Options
    I wasn't taunting you Tigs. I just commenting on the quality of the dive to get the penalty. Saying that you just knew Riquelme would miss it by the look of fear in his eyes!

Arsenal have to hope that Milan pull off a minor miracle tonight as I think they'd have a better chance against them than Barca.
  • Options
    I thought I'd died and gone to shopping heaven when we entered the Galleries Layfette! And there was an amazing (though expensive) dress shop somewhere in Paris but I couldn't find it again! My mission for next year :o)

• Options
    I stayed around the corner from Galeries Lafayette - good job I wasn't with you IQ......
  • Options
    Would a whole weekend of waiting outside changing rooms and 'does my bum look big in this?' have been too much for you then Coops? He he
  • Options
    fancy the London Social on Friday, Tigs? - we can alway look in at the Miu Miu store on Bond Street - alas I have no credit left on my Visa card - it's all allocated to my trip to Paris on 17th May ;)

Barca, if it's them, will really suit the Arse's style of play - like Real, who we dominated, they are adventurous and leave gaps at the back for the likes of Henry and Van Persie to exploit - bring 'em on!
  • Options
    I spend most of my weekends waiting outside changing rooms, but that's another story.
  • Options
    Really?! I thought concealed toilet blocks were more your loitering area....
  • Options
    I was trying to sound posh.
  • Options
    I'll go to the social if I can have the Miu Miu shoes on my tootsies! Walking in them might be interesting especially this week ... taxi from Bond Street then ;)
  • Options
    Nah - can't even afford that. My tout has very high overheads! :(
  • Options
    did I mention I run sub 4
    bloody marathon high - old hat now
    even the pain is going!!

hell of a sense of achievement is great though
  • Options
    Snoops, Cardiff a dull town? & you're from Kent.From what i've seen of Kent from the window of Eurostar,it's even more boring than Arsenal(well nearly).

Come on Barca!

Bloooooooobirds.