• Options

Morning, how is everyone today?

• Options
    musketeermusketeer ✭✭✭

Great, down here in Wick. Thanks for asking

• Options

Afternoon,image 

toppo up here in the mountains ta!! 

Tale of the sound bar fiasco; it gets worse!! 

Hmmmn I bought also a Panasonic Plasma 50inch  Smart TV (*inbuilt wifi*)...* remember that bit it's important.!! I was delivered one without *inbuilt wifi*. I didnt want it. Was offered a smaller TV  46inch costing £300 more...was told the direct people had sent me the wrong one and they have taken the one I had asked for off the screen, however there never was one with *inbuilt wifi* in the catalogue, instore had got it wrong, it was wifi ready...totally different!! image. Finally agreeing to buy the smaller one, I was told by instore tech installation they could not pick up wrong TV and bring out the smaller one I bought from instore, would have to do it direct from catalogue both ways, even though instore tech boys ordered it from instore... are you getting confused? I was!! image After days of trying to sort it. I cancelled the whole order (alot of money) and took my custom elsewhere. My proper Smart TV will be delivered and the tech guy said I don't need installation as i seem to know what I am doing regarding wifi setup. I save £58 installation fee...image plus the extra I would have paid for the smaller TV....image.  Obviously this company is doing so well it can throw away *Loadsa money* image

All this for the Olympic experience...I might as well have gone to the blinking games...probably less hassle.!! image 

I am Marshalling at Eirias Middle Distance triathlon tomoz! image 

• Options
    musketeermusketeer ✭✭✭

how did it go Lexi?

• Options

The Triathlon was brilliant, weather fabulous, unless of course you were doing it, then it got rather hot and tough. Bike course according to some was very tough. I was on temp traffic lights, those who had to stop I took number & time stopped. Asked if it was hard (I could see a nice steep hill infront) feed back, tougher than bala middle bike. I was then relocated to the sea front run section as the runners had to come out of Eirias park and down across the busy road onto the sea front. I stopped the traffic..Cool!!! image There was a free dinner party after, but many didnt stop (too knackered me thinks). Next year lots of plans to improve an expand. Transision down on the front (building works prevented that at this year), it could take an Ironman quite easily. Plus a BBQ immediately after for competitors. I got back to the hotel after Party and didnt get to bed till 1am...image

• Options
    musketeermusketeer ✭✭✭

Wow, a week since the last post (but still on page 2)

• Options

I know, it must be the Olympics. image 

My proper TV has arrived today, so Olympics in HD and 3D if they do any.image 

• Options

I've been Thunder Running this weekend. I thought it would be easier doing 3*10k in 24hrs than in 12hrs like at the lightning... I was wrong.  It was a great weekend away though with 2500 other like minded nutters running through forests at 4am with just a headtorch to stop you running into a tree.  We came 33 out of 188 mixed teams of 6+.

• Options

WoW sounds like fun Ant. image 

I Marshalled at Leeds Xpress Sprint Triathlon Sunday, held in a very nice Grammer School, very nice indeed.!! Drive back was a bit dicy over the M621/M62. I was trying to focus on traffic, yet still get into a comfortable position with a back that wasn't being too nice to me.image Once home, afew more painkillers downed, i missed the Olympic Swim Races as I fell asleep...grrrrrrrr!! image 

• Options

Just popping in to turn the lights off image

Hope everyone is enjoying the Olympics.

• Options

Bloody hell Ant...its dark in here....was pooping in to see if anyone had posted anything.........lucky i have a torch on my key ring. image 

Olympics is fab innit!!!!!!!  image  

• Options

Suffering from Post Olympic Blues! image

However, not long to the Paralympics image

HLad is nursing a black eye - that's what comes of doing the high jump indoors onto the sofa - am taking him to athletics tomorrow image

Well done anyone who has actually done any sport recently as opposed to watching it!  Mr HL has been inspired to go back to Volleyball - found a club in Ross-on-Wye - that's what comes of watching Poland vs Russiaimage  I am even contemplating a "return to netball" session!

• Options

Evening HL....ditto re Olympics...but the Paralympics will be just as spectacular am sure. image 

To stop myself feeling guilty about curling up on the sofa to watch everything image. I did manage to train....erm a little. image But the novelty of watching everything on the big screen in HD got the better of me most of the time....image.

I did manage to extract myself from the big screen to go to a BBQ, unfortunately it was on the night Mo Farrow was running 10,000 metres, so spent most of the evening in my friend's lounge. Thankfully I had her son for company so didnt feel to bad that I was not mingling. 

Yay well done on Mr HL to being inspired. Hope you do the same with your netball. image And lets hope our Olympics inspires alot more round the country to get out and do. Its been an awesome time for GB and Team GB. x 

• Options
    Lexi - I wouldn't feel bad about watching one of our greatest ever athletes image. Keep up the good work re the training.
  • Options

Thanks HL.  He is superb and it was brilliant watching him win the 5,000metres. 

My training.......mmmmm, I wont give up is all I can say at this moment. image image 

• Options

Hello

I've won a race... well sort of. Our club has been running a club members only monthly 5k/10k race around the golf course during the summer to encourage more people into doing races. As I'd done 18miles on Sunday I only did the 5k and with none of the fast boys doing it I won. 

I'm looking forward to the Paralympics too as I'm going to the Sunday night athletics session. image

• Options
    Do you get a trophy Ant? Well done image
  • Options

No, nothing, it's just meant to be a bit of fun.

• Options

Hey Well done You....image. Its not about Trophies, its about giving you a confidence boost and showing how well you hav improved.. Good result Ant. xx

• Options

SOo according to the lastest craze, we should be dancing with our bikes and running backwards. image I can see an accident for me waiting to happen.!!! image 

Will stick to the forward running and trying to *stay on* my bike. image 

Today I am practicing sprinting whilst indoor painting. image 

Hanging my washing out inbetween the showers, sprinting to bring it back in before it gets totally soaked...have won both races...sofar.!! image I have the painting bug again......image 

• Options

Evening 

So the football season has started again image  At least today's game made up for no Olympics to watch.

In the last week I've had plans to get my bike out and go swimming for the first time this year but both have had to be abondoned. The bike because of a broken spoke and the swimming because I'm broken. If I keep this up I might have avoided both for a year soon. image

• Options

Well avoided, Ant!

Well painted, Lexers (have you got anything left to paint..?)

I am back, having been avoiding the forums while people were appointed to delete spam posts were deleting the wrong things. My protest has probably not been noticed by anyone but me, but I have my principles.

• Options

I just thought you were busy . ha ha ha.  image   What's that all been about then? Can't say I look much further than here these days.

So far I've had to can my swim, a night out and park run plus give up on my 14miler after a mile this weekend because of this neck/shoulder pain. I'm not happy... queue 7 dwarves joke.

• Options

I've just done the same joke on Farcebook; I have mumps...

They appointed four people (the four who reported spam the most) to Spam Wombles; they could delete posts they thought to be spam; turned out that one was autistic and couldn't work out what was spam and what was a joke, so deleted a joke thread.

It's really put me off posting and I'll not post anywhere but here much in future.

• Options

Crashie - oh dear!
    Lexi - you can come round to ours and do all the painting etc. as you must surely have done everything at yours now image
    Ant - sorry but football isn't the same as the Olympics although I appreciate you would have been happy with the weekend's result image

I have done gardening 2 days in a row - enough for 2012 I feel. 

• Options
    BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭

H Chaps, 

Hope all are well and happy..... weather is crap and hoiday is nearly over,.... ah well...image

• Options
    Hello Barkles - what ho!

This summer has flown by - am madly making a list of chores to do today and tomorrow b4 returning to London for paralympics. I may not have left enough time! Never mind - back in the Olympic park the world is a shiny happy place and not having organised school shoes a minor trifle. image