Options

Radio Worcestershire

Comments

• Options

(opens the curtains)

What ho, Wusses. Looks like the Slog's a no-go for me this year - I'm away Thursday night to Saturday night and the long drive in the opposite direction the next day just isn't appealing. If anyone wanted a place but didn't manage to enter in time, drop me a line and we can come to an arrangement! I'll mention it elsewhere but prioirty goes to friends.

• Options

This is awful! With whom shall I perambulate?

• Options
    You'll find someoneimage

I am watching swimming lessons. I think that says it all!
  • Options

Never perambulated, whats it like?? image 

I did post this afternoon, but my Smartphone decided it wasnt being so smart and as I pressed submit, it give up, unfortunately literally. image 

Does anyone else with a HTC find the battery has no life after 4 hours??? image 

I even did a factory reset, lost most of my numbers...yes yes I did remember to back them up to sim card, it said it had.......but it lied. image.  

I have news, but am keeping it to my chest for now (what little chest I haveimage) until its confirmed. image It is to do with running. image But I dont want egg on my face by presupting or presuming or both. image 

Evening All.......image 

• Options

Lexi - Which HTC? I've got at Wildfire S and I use it for it's mp3 player all day at work and the battery lasts about 8hrs with a bit of interwebbing done too.  On standby it's good for a day or so.

• Options

HTC Wildfire S. It freezes when I text too. So I think I have a problem phone. Thought the factory reset would solve it today but it started to freeze again this evening. Will ring HTC again tomorrow. image

• Options

My problem is that it can fail to connect to the internet when you leave your wifi connection. I have to either turn it off+on or cycle it through plane mode.

• Options

I dont have that problem. Just evertime i text, I cant scroll back if i make a mistake on a letter and the new line cursor stops working so ahve to come out of the message which then the screen turns green and go back in. I thought it was getting worse since the new software update, but the factory reset doesnt seem to have resolved the problem...grrrrr!! image 

• Options

Well I'm still around but looks like no-one else is!

Did Bristol half lasy Sunday in my second slowest ever (slowest was an off-roader back in 2004)
    I am determined to get back into running and try to get back to where I was a year or so ago

• Options

Hello - Somehow I don't think we're going to make it to 100k. I blame Facebook as most of us are on there too now.

I did Bristol half last week. We missed the first wave but still managed to catch up with the back of it even with starting 30mins later. It was vet busy compared to my other 1/2Ms this year.

• Options

Am not on Farcebook, Its initial ethos to connect friends all over the world has changed to how can companies sell you products via your friends tag or whatever. Privacy my ar$e. Each time I read about the latest issue with facebook privacy problems, the less I am eager to join. 

Musky at least you went out and did it, time is not important. Doing it is. Well doneimage.

Ant gosh good going on catching them up.....was always my worst nightmare, arriving at a race and seeing them running off into the distance.image

Trainining session Tuesday I told the guys not to wait as my Achilles was abit sore so would plod around. I walked out and saw them disappear down the road and round the corner in the distance and thought...hmmn wonder if I can catch them (why??why did I bloody think that???image) So I went into full race mode, caught them going up a hill, did I ease...NO was in race mode, passed them, they then give chase, however as we got halfway round I realised the effort of pushing the pace meant I was now blowing like a steam train, knackered would be an understatement. I stopped, let them pass, took my waterproof off and then once again...*See if I can catch them* mode. image So much for an easy plod.!!!!!! image  

• Options

I think we should make  concerted effort to hit 100k...

Haven't done Bristol Half for years; twas too busy for my taste even then...

• Options

It was a very strange experience watching the race go off knowing you should be in it.

I've got Snowdon in 3 weeks time but both of my achilles have started getting sore so I won't be doing any more long runs.

Who is going to be Slogging this year?

• Options

Good idea....I like Concerts. image 

I missed Bristol....suspected appendicitus, or was that Bath Half  image anyway missed it whichever.image 

• Options

Only 3308 to go

• Options

Yes, I missed running Wednesday as Achilles hurt, Thursday tender plod, so today I just went for a long walk whilst chatting with a friend about all things rubbish. (not of the throwaway kind), image 

WoW Snowdon Ant, fingers crossed for a nice day for you. image 

• Options

3307....getting there..............image

• Options

3306 am off to bed........night all.!!!!!image

• Options
    Morning!

3305 - we've always liked a challenge! image

Croissants all round I think
  • Options

3304- Morning Allimage 

I should be XC running today image But a very busy.......imageimage and if am not I will find something to do.image. Its not that I dont like XC, its just I hate Bangor venue and after all the rain, it will be like bog snorkling.image

Am just wondering what the next venue is like as never done it.....image And I have been selected to run for Wales in the British and Irish International XC Championships. Perhaps i do need to do some muddy runs before it.imageimage  

• Options
    Evening

Been to the Wendy ball today. image)

First x-country race of the season tomorrow (8 miles). It was either that or 20 miles for Snowdonia training.
  • Options

3302; this idea's a goer!

Your wendyballers are doing splendidly at the moment, Ant.

Congrats on your selection, Lexers image

• Options

3301....Thank You Crashie image 

ps I was right.....it was a quagmire, my Team Captain phoned to see if I was OK as there had been a smash on the A55 near Bangor. She reported XC was very muddy, will be the British Bog Snorkeling venue next year for sure....Phew glad I missed it on all levels.Next venue is nice she says....her idea of nice and mine a re slightly different as she is a seasoned XC runner. Nice is flat football pitch XC. image not mucky sodbury slog immitation.image

Time for bed I have to be up at ungodly hour to marshal a duathlon. image image

• Options

Evening all

My x-country went ok but a lack of marshalls/signs meant a large section of the field (me including) ran around an extra field adding over half a mile. At least I got more for my money that way.

Crashie - Yes, it's there best top flight start to the season since 1919!! image

Lexi - Well done on your selection.

• Options

3299........getting there.......slowly image

Ah the power of the marshal's presence or in your case Ant not present. image 

My Marshal season is over, I have been invited to end of season party image, unforunately I will be Zooming out to Shamrock Land for the International...am .now in real panic mode......image

.Achilles still causing a problemimage. If I take more anti inflammatory tablets, my stomach issue becomes a serious problem....However have decided I will deal with that after the race. image The Joys of keeping fit eh??? image

• Options

Ouch to the Achilles Lexi!
  • Options

Lexi - Good luck 

Snowdon for me this weekend on a pair of dodgy achilles too. Fortunately so far once I've done about a mile they warm up and have been ok.

• Options

Good luck Ant for Snowdon - rather you than me image
  • Options

Good luck to the pair of you image

I am still fat. I managed a 6 mile run today, broken up as I changed a flat tyre for an elderly lady. Yay me with my selflassness and altruism; it was nothing to do with needing a breather, honest image