Options

Radio Worcestershire

Comments

• Options

I found another room to paint yesterday.......image

My kitchen....! I have completely transformed it. Actually amazing what a coat of different colour paint does innit. image 

So whos next for my expertise with a paintbrush. (ps you may need to buy extra, I have a perchance for giving myself highlights and shoulder tattoos in selected colour) image 

My TV has only been on once since the Olympics, for Pirates of the caribbean..SOo remote will be at the ready for ParaOlympics Yay.!!! image  

• Options

Hello all

HL - What are you going to see? I'm going to the Athletics on Sunday. image

I have a new 5k pb 21:18. I think these hills/sprint sessions are actually working. You just have to get used to running at the point of being sick. imageimage

• Options

yay..well done Ant....throwing up is part and parcel of the experience. Lol.x

But as you see, you get results.!

Yes HL...what are you going to watch?

Mr Hamster...you have changed your avatar, image Difficult to see...but I do need glasses me thinks....I recently had such an embarrassing incident because my eyesight mis-read someone's message. image  

• Options
    Ant - well done on the PB and for the hard work - paying off image

Ant/Lexi - we are seeing swimming on Thursday evening and cycling and athletics on Friday/Saturday. Can't wait image
  • Options
    Ant - have fun on Sunday - the Olympic park is fab!
  • Options

Whoa HL, brilliant, sounds an excellent choice, my TV will once again be red hot on.!! image 

• Options

I have, Lexers! It's my hamster with Wenlock the Olympic mascot.

Lucky peoples, going to the Paralympics! Telly only for us, but we've still got our flags out!

• Options

I have Pride the Lion, he sits inbetween my 2 seats in the car, attached to the airflow so he can view the road. image. So far he keeps smiling, so he must like my driving.image

Same here....thats why I bought said Telly....at least i dont have far to go for a cup of coffee and a choice of snacks in the heat intervals. Waves flag....!!  

A new pair of run shoes arrived today. Nike Free Run+3, I had to send back Lunaracer I bought 3 weeks ago. Less cutting edge technology and more cutting skin...Yeeouch!! image (they changed the shoe style/material).  I am hoping these are OK. It took me 2 hours of online/phone calls to sort which was the best.....will post my review tomorrow after I have run. image 

• Options

Mornifgn all

Haven't been on here for ages, what with holidaying and not running a lot, and seeing what most of you are up to via Facebook. I missed the whole de-spamming incident as a result.

• Options

I have been on and I missed the spamming incident too.image 

Morninja SVT, image Morning All. image imageimage

OK so why am I smiling like a Cheshire Cat.

I am a Welsh Champion & Nth Wales Champion for 10K (again)

It was a late decision to enter, emailed Selection Manager for Nth Wales for an entry form on the 23rd. he sent the form and put my name down for both. The 10K was the Welsh Champs incorporating Nth Wales Champs and Inter Regionals.

Bank Holiday weekend I felt ill, must be the paint fumes i thought (see above post).by Wednesday I was feeling very sick, plus I couldnt get my club vest back of someone I had lent it too. Friday I told my friend I was dropping out (I felt that ill), however friday night I had a call from selection manager, someone else had dropped out of the master's team, wear my Nth Wales vest Sunday...OMG!!! AM not well.image He said *Just do your best, besides you run better when your'e not well Lex*.

I felt hot on the day, the drizzle at Caernarfon had stopped and the Sun had come out. Oh NOoo.image

However, I pulled something out of the bag, won my age group in both races (Gold Medals) We won the Team Gold in the Inter Reginals, I was first back in he team (Another Gold). plus I did a PB  40.54 (my last race , last year 41.26) plus I have broken the Welsh Record/Nth Wales record for my age group. imageimage Oh yes and won a trophy+towel in the open race for first in age group. image

Feel Sicky today 

• Options

But worth it! Well done Lexers, that's amazing!

Nowt of any great excitement to report here...but at least I can go out ans spend the day in the sunshine image

• Options

My recovery today is hovering the lawn. No you read that right, my hover mower doesn't cut it, just does as it says on the box, hovers over the grass. image 

Heyho at least like Mr Hamster I will be out in the sunshine. image 

• Options

Hello

Lexi - Congratulations, ell the best runs come when you don't feel up to it.

I am a bit tired. We went to the athletics at the Paralympics last night so I didn't get to bed until 3am. It was a brilliant evening where we got to a British gold medal awarded, got to see Oscar P. lose for the first time at 200m (but missed out on all the controversey) and then for the last event GB won the gold in the 5k. My voice is only just recovering. image

• Options
    Yay Ant - glad you had a great time.

Lexi - congratulations image

Today I woke up wondering what world-class sporting competition I was going to see...

...and then remembered that I wasnt but I did have manual handling training!
  • Options

The 5k was an amazing event, it was just as Mo Farah's 5k has been described with a wave of sound travelling around the stadium until the roof started to lift as David Weir took the lead with 100m to go.

• Options

Mornidgn champions and lesser mortals. image

• Options

I watched it on TV Ant. image

Mordinya SVT, Good Day All.  image 

I is still poorly. image  

• Options

Only 6 days since the last posting? This threads on fire!

mronidfgn all

I ran. Yes, on a Monday.

• Options

Gosh SVT  'You {{RAN}} on a {{MONDAY}} image are you poorly??? image 

Morning ALL...image

I was at Silverstone over the weekend, well not ALL weekend, Saturday instead of watching the GT Qualifiers (Mazda MX5GT racing car) we (some friends+son) diecided to go to Santa Pod to watch the Drag Racing... OMG!!!!! What a fab day. However i think I have damaged my hearing....image. They had Jet engine cars going for it, Motoerbikes traveling at 199mph and the fastest over the short distance?  was 268mph in 5.4 seconds.  There was stunt bikes and big big trucks. Certainly a good day out for anyone. 

Sunday I was invited by Mazda to go watch the MX5 race. Unfortunately the dif caught fire the day before, causing some damage, still not quite sorted, Sunday it blowing a nearside tyre and then had to be pulled out. Disappointed, but te racing was still great with formula 3 cars there. VW  Championships (they had a police car in the race)I suppose he was there to pull anyone over for speeding. image 

I drove my friend's new  Mitsubushi 4x4 home so they could enjoy the hopsitality drinks, I had to remember it wasn't my MX5. image 

• Options

Morning Few

well doe Lexi - a Gold Medalist in our midst!!

Down to running  about 8  mles a fornight at the moment image

am a bit knackered this morning - went to the closing ceromny last night and got yhe 01:20 train out of Paddington, which meant 03:30 in bed and a 07:45 alarm callimage

• Options
    Musky - I loved the Closing Ceremony. Bet it was fab and worth being tired.

Lexi - drag racing sounds great image

SVT - good running - for a Monday! Keep it up.

HLad did his first athletics "meet" at the weekend - long jump, shot and 800m - an eclectic miximage. He had a great time and set 3 PBsimage. Mind you the starting pistol got me every time!! Very well organised and great to go on a bus!
  • Options

Well done to HLad for doing PB's on his first meet. image 

if the starting pistol has you jumping, goodness what you would do at the Drag Racing HL. image The guys there must be nuts, jet engines in saloon cars...Eeek!!!!

Flip Musky...you must be wondering round like a Zombie today image. Perhaps no running is on your books I would presume for the next 24hrs. image 

Whilst staying at the hotel I went for a run Saturday night, I got lost...10 mile lost, finally found the Hotel, it was really dark and i was getting worried. image 

I also missed dinner........image 

• Options

Evening all

It took me days to catch up on my sleep last week after going to the athletics.

I have been out on my bike!!!!  The first time since July last year....  My leg muscles are now complaining..  a lot. image

• Options
    It's cold! Who turned off the heating?
  • Options

AND......who turned the tap on...image

• Options
    So that's summer over then - wendyball and cold weather until May!
  • Options

was hoping for an Indian Summer.......image. Not going to happen unless we all go to India........nice idea. image

• Options

Have the football and cricket teams not received the email sent out recently saying we are allowed to be good at sport after all?  image 

Less than 2 years to go until the Commonwealth games. image

• Options
    I've been to College and have a student card and done a Maths test!