Options

PHAB

Comments

• Options
    i read in the final instructions of the marathon booklet that the slower runner that r going to run 6hrs or more, wouldn't be able to run on the road and that they would have to be moved to the pavement by marshalls, i hope it won't be any of us!!
  • Options
    Good Luck folks will be travelling down in the morning so hopefully at Expo Friday afternoon. Nerves are setting in now, must stay calm & relaxed, some hope.
  • Options
    Good luck everyone also travelling in the morning hope to be at Expo at about 4pm. Watched the last Run for Glory and my mind feels positivly charged, just hope the body follows!!!!!!!1
  • Options
    Hi Ruth & El C

Just a quick message to you both to say thank you for the bands.

Ruth, I hope you meet your expectations on the day and have a good one.

El C, sorry to hear your bad news and I hope 2007 is a better year for you.

Thanks Again

Bojangles.
  • Options
    Hope to meet some of you down at the excel tomorrow.
    Well after not sleeping to well this week,tiedness has final got the better of me, i could bite a nail in half at the moment,so its a early night for me.

All i have to say now is,i hope i get the chance to meet you all this weekend,but if i don't, i wish everyone the very best of luck for sunday,and i hope we all can finish what we started!!!
    FLM bring it on!!!if we not ready now we never will be.
    Also a big thankyou for all the support,you have given ,if you all weren't here my marathon training would have been a lonely one :)
    Take care
    Diane
  • Options
    Hi everyone

I am signing off now as travelling to london village in the morning and hope to be at excel around lunchtime.

Good luck to all fellow PHAB runners and may the wind always be behind us!

Feel motivated after getting to work today to find my office decorated in good luck messages and banners together with a good luck card signed by what seemed like a thousand people!

Hope to see you all sometime over the weekend if only for a celebration drink after it is all over!

• Options
    Goodluck to all of you and hope you have a great day on sunday!!

don't 4get to stick to ur race plan, make sure u have one!!!

safe journey to those of you travelling to london!!
  • Options
    Good luck everybody!

See you all at the finish in the Phab re-pat area!
  • Options
    Good Luck All
    Traveling to London this afternoon so this is my last pre race post.Best of luck and thank you all for advice and encouragement along the way.
    See you on the common.
    Rich
  • Options
    Good luck everyone!

Thanks for all your help and support over the last few months. This forum has really helped me through those negative times.

Lesley K 'the fairy' - hope to see you at the start with the pacers!

Let's enjoy it!!
  • Options
    Morning all..

went to the Excel yesterday - did'nt see any of you there, which was a shame, but know we'll see other PHAB people tomorrow and i'll give you all a smile and wave... i'm in pen 9... if anyone else is? although have heard people move about in the pens, so if one of your friends is an 8, you can still stand together.

I'm not sure how i feel today. thurs was my last day at work and i was a wreak.. today is weird.. the Excel brings it home - your right there Dean! i welled up when they gave me my number!

Bugbabe, i've said exactly the same thing to a mate who we said we will run together, she's running for Barnardo's, but we'll run together and i'm terrified i'll hold her up - i've told her to just go if i'm too slow! don't worry, you will not be on your own..theres gonna be thousands of others at your pace and with adrenaline, we'll sail round... can someone fix the weather so - just so it dont rain!!

This will be my last post, as got to watch the boyfriend play rugby in his cup final match today - just to say thanks for him standing out in the cold watching me race for the last 4 months, then heading down to London early evening, get some food and an early night... for all the good that will do... have not slept well since weds!!

however... that said BRING IT ON!!! Diane, Toks, Bugbabe, Both Lesleys Ruth... can't wait to meet you all and everyone else.. GOOD LUCK and REMEMBER... WE ARE CHAMPIONS!!! Whatever time we do.. however much it hurts (cos that will go away) we are stars adn are doing something amazing!!

love to you all... Becki xxx
  • Options
    Good luck everyone! seems an age ago i started this thread! Thanks for all the support - couldn't have kept going without knowing others were in the same boat.

Her's hoping for sub 6!
  • Options
    Goodluck to you rebecca, hope you and all phab runners have a lovely day!!!

just stick to ur pace!!!
  • Options
    Well done everyone

saw many of you running you all looked good

Luc69
  • Options
    hello all!!

Bugbabe and Diane, how was the rest of ur race???

it was lovely meeting both of u!!!

finished just under 7 hrs with a lovely woman called Amber running for Stroke, we both had pain on the back of our thighs!!!

we walked most of way from the half way mark, but so elated that we gave each other support till the end, i guess that is what the london marathon is all about team work!!!

chat later!!
  • Options
    Hi all what a day!!!!!

Finished in less than 6 hours 30. If you listened to the talk for slow runners at Excel that was 6 hours 30 mins. Less 4 toilet stops of at least 20 mins each (runners tummy!) Countless stops with the bands to dance with the organisers and I managed a Salsa with a hunky Policeman called Bob, I do like a uniform. Now there was the high 5's, low 5's kisses etc etc. So hey its got to be a 5 hour marathon, surely? But what a day!!
  • Options
    Hi all! Well done on your efforts yesterday, there are some trrific times there.

I finished in 3.46 (my first marathon), and have to say that I am very sore this morning. But it was a fantastic day, and being able to have a warm shower (runners nipples were dreadful though!) was fantastic!

Have to say I have really enjoyed being involved with Phab this year, and all the help and advice from Madeleine and her team, and the use of the store yard yesterday just made my day perfect. If I get in next year I will run for Phab again.

Well done everyone!
  • Options
    Well i managed 6 hours 36 and whilst it wasn't under 6 as i wanted i can honestly say i enjoyed every single minute. And yes Lesley, i too stopped for numerous toilet breaks and chats to family so i think i probably did sub 6 in the end!!!!

Well done everyone and good luck trying to walk!!
  • Options
    Morning everyone, its such a nice feeling knowing its all over and am still alive and kicking. Managed about 4.45, I seem to do it a similar time each year. But really pleased with that as training didnt go as smoothly as I hoped. Well done everyone, I saw lots of Phab runners along the way which was nice, but didnt notice any phab support from the crowd, like the other charities did anyone else spot them? Its very painful to move about this morning so glad I have the day off!! Thanks for all the support the forum has been great.
  • Options
    Hi everyone - feeling tired this morning but legs are moving reasonably ok. I did 5hrs 26mins - a little disappointed as the training had gone well - but kept focusing on each mile and ruth and claire who would be waiting at the end - had a little sob at the finish line as it was a relief to finish and another when they put the medal over my head.

Really pleased for everyone and their success!!

Well done.
  • Options
    Well done all!

Had a terrible race as didnt eat much the day before or breakfast. Stomach cramps from 7-16 then i had to eat everything people were handing out as was on the verge of an Andrew Castle type collapse. Trouble was from 17-22 miles i was being sick so had to walk. Started running at 22 again and finished in 5.12

Thanks for everyones support especially those Phab that tapped me on the back and spoke as they went past.

Well done again to you all, See you all next year??????????????
  • Options
    Hi my DVD recorder failed me it recorded 8.30 in evening instead of morning. Has anyone got a copy (willing to pay)they could copy for me.
  • Options
    Ruth

Havent checked but if ok will send you a copy, its a DVD Ram disk, is that ok. Its got doctor Who on as well!
  • Options
    hello everyone!

A little tired and sore, but what a day!! what an awesome experience... got round in 4:58 so really pleased!

Well done everyone, you are all fantastic!

x
  • Options
    Hi all
    Well done to everyone!
    Diane thank you so much for your support have just checked out your time I was 5 minutes behind you and am gutted I didn't catch you up! Have had to go to the hospital this morning as I have strained the ligaments in my right leg and foot. Have a leg the perculiar colour purple! I did it in 5.49.
    Toks lovely to have met you glad you had a good run and really pleased you managed to have someone with you to finish.
  • Options
    well done to all of you!!

i did it in 6.54 so really chuffed to finish it!!

we r all winners!!
  • Options
    Hi all,hope the pain isn't to bad today,i'm feeling very stiff,but never mind.
    Tok it was lovely to meet you ,and so glad you had someone to run with .

Fiona, well done i know you were suffering,i'm so glad you finished:) i have been thinking about you ,and hoped you were ok.

My time was 5hrs 43mins, so glad i finish,and the last 100 meters i ran as fast as i could up the mall,with tears rolling down my face, what a fantastic day!!
    Well done everyone we all should be very proud!
  • Options
    Hi Dean that would be really good of you, dvd ram disc will be fine.
    Ruth
  • Options
    Bugbabe hope your on the mend doc has confirmed I've got bronchitis so am on a course of antibiotics. Had just a mild rebuke for having taken part while ill, but after all the training and the raising of the money there was no way I was letting anyone down.

Thank you all so very much for your support.

YOUR ALL HERO'S, THANKS
  • Options
    Well done everyone boy was it tough got to mile 14 feeling ok then the aches & pains started and it got really tough. Really enjoyed the last 2 miles though as I knew I was going to finish. Did it in 4hrs 29 so well pleased with that.
    Lesley K you should be ashamed of yourself dancing with policeman while your husband was waiting for you at the finsih had a good chat to him in the courtyard. Was good to meet other Phab runners out on the course. Top day really enjoyed.
    Now do I want to do it again next year?