Options

Tuesday 18th October 2005

1235»

Comments

• Options
    I 2nd that idea BR. Trini's race report is worth 10 pages of 'how many calories are in a MacDonalds chicken burger' type articles.

• Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Trini - what a great report! Sounds like a fantastic race too. Happy birthday - you must feel absolutely delighted with both the race and the meeting of your big goal!!

FFG - amazing time - well done!

Popsider - I'd love to do the FW, but I think I'm too much of a cycling novice...

• Options
    nrg-bnrg-b ✭✭✭
    Trinirunner: That's got to be one of the best reports ever. You have a brilliant wife. Well Done & Happy Birthday!

Hilly: Glad to hear daughter is ok. Hope mum and family are ok too.
  • Options
    Just had to add my congratulations to FFG for a fantastic Amsterdam time (that might need re-phrasing), and of course to TriniRunner. Jaw dropping. It knocks IronMan into a cocked hat.

Highlight of the day must go to SGQ for the special mention in the Swindon Advertiser. Do you realise how much that exposure would have cost you?

Hippsy 2 miles, Blisters zero. But I know her plans for 2006......
  • Options
    blisters - LOL
  • Options
  • Options
    Training ride done, just 3 of us, very civilised pace 19mph, 24miles. Long ride tomorrow so hope it stays dry.

FFG - My vote is don't run the relays, always rest before your body makes you is the best rule.

Mava - good luck at Luton ;)

Debbo - oh go on! Seriously it is good fun, I don't know what level you are at but it's just a long bike ride rather than a race, you'd get round no problem. Don't have to decide til New Year anyway. I think Lizzy might be doing it.

I was going to say something to someone else but I've forgotten who and what - always the way I forget what is in the thread by the time I reach the end.
  • Options
    Thanks again everyone, you continue to be great motivators. MrsT also says thanks, she is a master motivator!

Gary T and others who may have a dream. It's on again next year!!!!!! Start saving!
  • Options
    evening

just on v quickly before retiring

great time FFG

that has to be the report of the year Trini - on what sounds like a truly epic event. Great way to celebrate the half-century.

what: 6.4 miles in 42:53
    why: looking for something longish (for this stage of my training) at nr threshold pace

time for bed
  • Options
    evening, report on track session,

2 sets of 4x 1k, 2 mins rest per rep, 10 per se, 800 to be run controlled and 200 fast.

roughly
    2:58
    3:03
    3:06
    3:07

3:05
    3:06
    3:05
    3:03

overall very pleased with the session, was very comfortable and relaxed through-out, alternated reps between taking them out and sitting behind my two training partners, took the first few reps by a long way, then evened out a bit and my very good training partner ( 1:56, 3:56, 9 for 8, 15, 3) pushed on a bit, he took 4 reps and I took 4. Okay we shouldn't race, but we do! Third lad was very consistent in running about 3:08 though I took him every time with about 4 or so more runners in the session averaging between 3:16s to 3:25s

Good session overall :O)