Options

Pirate Records, Rankings and Shieldholders

Comments

• Options
    If it motivates you - then yes.

Although I've heard that Rosey is "hung" so be careful what you wish for.
  • Options
    I never saw this thread first time round but it is funny. At least the points system is clear enough. I won the summer series 6 mile handicap at our club and scored zero ranking points- proving my suspicions that it is a totally random thing devised by a guy at our club to punish those he doesn't like and cause infighting. I stopped speaking to Dave when he went one point ahead of me in the rankings, he's back where he belongs now, so I love him again.

And furthermore- what makes you think I will let people off? am I really that soft?
  • Options
    I guess I'm either going to have to crack 12 hours at IMDE or do another IM next year so I can avoid being a scurvey dog.
  • Options
    it's a term of endearment, landlubber
  • Options
    GodzillaGodzilla ✭✭✭
    I'm the only plank doing this year - hurrah
  • Options
    you need a sub-12 to get back on schedule
  • Options
    GodzillaGodzilla ✭✭✭
    or a sheild <contacts fixer>

or to not really worry
  • Options
    GodzillaGodzilla ✭✭✭
    I'm quite happy being a mediocre pirate - just this one IM will be enough for now
  • Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    I've got the shield from TC - it's engraved and all.
  • Options
    GodzillaGodzilla ✭✭✭
    Don't think i'll be getting that one debbo
  • Options
    GodzillaGodzilla ✭✭✭
    and i din't qualify for the other
  • Options
    Thought I'd better have a scout around seeing as the great hairy orange ape has talked me into doing IM next year (the missus has given her blessing too!). The worst bit is he didn't even get me drunk this time. I just kind of nodded my head like a zombie in agreement....

Yeah - thought this was good, by the points system that makes me a scurvey dog. Although I reckon I'm due additional points for (nearly) getting the fireworks and making the others hang around for sevral hours at the end!
  • Options
    Surely you get -1 for having a green bike and -2 for down tube shifters.
  • Options
    One has to stand out in a crowd...
  • Options
    Updated following some fantastic performances at Germany.....

HALL OF FAME (Record holders)

Men:
    IM Admiral Rosey (9:56) [previous - Rosey; 10:30]
    Double IM ---
    Triple IM ---
    Deca ---
    Women:
    IM Captain Monique (11:4X) [previous - Monique; 11:5x]
    Double IM ---
    Triple IM ---
    Deca ---

SHIELD HOLDERS (until the next official annual Pirate IM competition - IM Austria 2007)

Fastest Finisher 145
    2006 = Admiral Rosey
    2005 = Junior Pirate Count

Best Novice 145
    2006 = Scurvey Dog Ergo
    2005 = Semen Barlist

The Rank system. On a points basis, where only IM distance or longer counts for points. Its not a knitting club. 1 point per IM finish. 1 bonus point for doing the extra hard ones (norseman, lanzarote and [but only if you get in by the honourable route, qualification] hawaii). 2 points for double IM finish. 3 points for Triple, 5 points for Deca. 1 bonus point for every time you win a shield or set a record (above). 1 bonus point for becoming "reasonably competent" (i.e. the first time you crack 12 hours). 1 bonus point for becoming "outstanding" (i.e. the first time you crack 10 hours). -1 point for a DNF (its not a quitting club). Note that if you miss cut off but still finish the course (even if it takes 20 hours) then you still get the point.

ranks

-1 plank
    0 landlubber
    1 scurvey dog
    2 seaman
    3 junior pirate
    4 pirate
    5 2nd mate
    6 1st mate
    7 commander
    8 captain
    9 admiral
    10 admiral (2 parrots)
    11 admiral (3 parrots) etc
    15 pirate king blackbeard

Order of merit (4 points or more)

1. 4 parrot Admiral Rosey [6 finish + 1 reasonably competent + 1 outstanding + 2 records + 1 bonus norseman + 1 shield = 12]

2. 2 parrot Admiral Candy [8 finish + 1 reasonably competent + 1 bonus lanzarote = 10]

3. Captain Monique [4 finish + 1 reasonably competent + 2 record + 1 bonus hawaii = 8]

4=. Commander IronMike [6 finish + 1 reasonably competent = 7]

4=. Commander Smithy [5 finish + 1 reasonably competent + 1 bonus norseman = 7]

4=. Commander RichardM [5 finish + 1 bonus lanzarote + 1 reasonably competent = 7]

(that's on my belief that smithy did TLD twice. i'm sure he'll set the record straight if not)
  • Options
    maybe slummo should feature on that list too?
  • Options
    dammit, i can't add up. there is of course a deliberate mistake in ergo's rank.
  • Options
    oh and BTW, no -1 points for the people who got DQd on sunday. as the german police were forcing you off the bike course, i think we'll let you off. (main me as it does not to get to demote barlist again)
  • Options
    err, _pain me_
  • Options
    Any points for getting DQ'd on the pedalos ?
  • Options
    Updated for Mellsy's hawaii qualification! Awesome.

HALL OF FAME (Record holders)

Men:
    IM Admiral Rosey (9:56) [previous - Rosey; 10:30]
    Double IM ---
    Triple IM ---
    Deca ---
    Women:
    IM Captain Monique (11:4X) [previous - Monique; 11:5x]
    Double IM ---
    Triple IM ---
    Deca ---

SHIELD HOLDERS (until the next official annual Pirate IM competition - IM Austria 2007)

Fastest Finisher 145
    2006 = Admiral Rosey
    2005 = Junior Pirate Count

Best Novice 145
    2006 = Semen Ergo
    2005 = Semen Barlist

The Rank system. On a points basis, where only IM distance or longer counts for points. Its not a knitting club. 1 point per IM finish. 1 bonus point for doing the extra hard ones (norseman, lanzarote and [but only if you get in by the honourable route, qualification] hawaii). 2 points for double IM finish. 3 points for Triple, 5 points for Deca. 1 bonus point for every time you win a shield or set a record (above). 1 bonus point for becoming "reasonably competent" (i.e. the first time you crack 12 hours). 1 bonus point for becoming "outstanding" (i.e. the first time you crack 10 hours). -1 point for a DNF (its not a quitting club). Note that if you miss cut off but still finish the course (even if it takes 20 hours) then you still get the point.

ranks

-1 plank
    0 landlubber
    1 scurvey dog
    2 seaman
    3 junior pirate
    4 pirate
    5 2nd mate
    6 1st mate
    7 commander
    8 captain
    9 admiral
    10 admiral (2 parrots)
    11 admiral (3 parrots) etc
    15 pirate king blackbeard

Order of merit (4 points or more)

1. 4 parrot Admiral Rosey [6 finish + 1 reasonably competent + 1 outstanding + 2 records + 1 bonus norseman + 1 shield = 12]

2. 2 parrot Admiral Candy [8 finish + 1 reasonably competent + 1 bonus lanzarote = 10]

3. Captain Monique [4 finish + 1 reasonably competent + 2 record + 1 bonus hawaii = 8]

4. Captain RichardM [5 finish + 1 bonus lanzarote + 1 reasonably competent = 7]

5=. Commander IronMike [6 finish + 1 reasonably competent = 7]

5=. Commander Smithy [5 finish + 1 reasonably competent + 1 bonus norseman = 7]

7. Slummo (slummo can fill in the details!)

(that's on my belief that smithy did TLD twice. i'm sure he'll set the record straight if not)
  • Options
    ****. add +1 thing to mellsy's thing for the hawaii thing.
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    ¦oD

[passes Dead Parrot Award, for being worst at sums, to Candy]
  • Options
    GodzillaGodzilla ✭✭✭
    Not quite an IM, but Spans competed in the BTA national Aquathon in Salford on saturday. Small but very tough field - I now have a fair idea what the next few years elites look like - most of them are off to the worlds.

She came second in her age group and has a very heavy BTA medal and a T-shirt. (Very proud sherpa. I also got a nice t-shirt, but i was £10 in the nike outlet store next to the event.)

I'll let her do the race report, but needless to say she's not laughing at me for being dizzy coming out of the water at the Vit this year.

• Options
    I wasnt dizzy coming out of the water at IMDE, surprising given id been swimming for 1:45.. maybe you get used to it?

So next year if I complete 3 x IM inc Lanza and become reasonably competant I could be a commander :o)
  • Options
    go sub 10 and 'win' both austria and florida and you get to nick rosey's special hat
  • Options
    Spans just came 1st in the Grim '06 - her first outright race win!

Pirate T-shirt on display.

I'm very proud, she's very happy but shattered.
  • Options
    F.oggyF.oggy ✭✭✭
    All that bloody effort in Germany and I get called a scurvey dog!
    I can lay on the sofa and do bugger all and Mrs Foggy calls me much more impressive names!
  • Options
    Think yourself lucky i've done 1 whole ironman and 125km of another and i'm a landlubber....