Options

Pirate Records, Rankings and Shieldholders

Comments

• Options
    Jj - I have to be up by 5am on any normal work-day to get on the road by 6am. So it's my usual start-of-day time.

(takes up a martial arts stance)
  • Options
    Cheers Oxy, Anna keeping you well fed & watered then ? ;-)
  • Options
    ha ha boing

the question is: should IMUK be excluded from the points system, given that their evil lawyers bullied smithy and conned him into giving them some money. i think it should (even if it costs me a point).

but assuming that barlist and co will object to losing their point, i claim +1 for arizona and declare myself a two parrot admiral. huzzah!

the other question is: will zill get back up to 0 in germany, or will we have to make up a new rank for -2???
  • Options
    those rules again:

HALL OF FAME (Record holders)

Men:
    IM Captain Rosey (10:30)
    Double IM ---
    Women:
    IM 1st Mate Monique (11:5X)?
    Double IM ---

SHIELD HOLDERS (until the next official annual Pirate IM competition - IMDE2006)

Fastest Finisher 145: Junior Pirate Count (due to being fast)
    Best Novice 145: Semen Barlist (due to vote rigging by Jj)

The Rank system. On a points basis, where only IM distance or longer counts for points. Its not a knitting club. 1 point per IM finish. 1 bonus point for doing the extra hard ones (norseman, lanzarote and [but only if you get in by the honourable route, qualification] hawaii). 2 points for double IM finish. 1 bonus point for every time you win a shield or set a record (above). 1 bonus point for becoming "reasonably competent" (i.e. the first time you crack 12 hours). 1 bonus point for becoming "outstanding" (i.e. the first time you crack 10 hours). -1 point for a DNF (its not a quitting club). Note that if you miss cut off but still finish the course (even if it takes 20 hours) then you still get the point.

ranks

-1 plank
    0 landlubber
    1 scurvey dog
    2 seaman
    3 junior pirate
    4 pirate
    5 2nd mate
    6 1st mate
    7 commander
    8 captain
    9 admiral
    10 admiral (2 parrots)
    11 admiral (3 parrots) etc
    15 pirate king blackbeard

eg, barlist = 2 finish - 1 dnf + 1 shield = 2

TC = 1 finish + 1 shield + 1 reasonably competent = 3

Mo = 3 finish + 1 reasonably competent + 1 record + 1 bonus hawaii = 6

Rosey = 5 finish + 1 reasonably competent + 1 record + 1 bonus norseman = 8
  • Options
    blimey, rosey will get three points at germany and overtake me. record + shield + finish. i hereby come out of retirement.
  • Options
    hopefully he won't crack 10 hours, or i'm whooped
  • Options
    I can't believe that most of my free time for the last 6 months has been dedicated to earning the title "scurvey dog"!
  • Options
    it's a term of endearment. and just think, another year of toil and you might become a semen
  • Options
    oh and if you reach 15 points you do have to grow a beard (even girls)
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    Funny thing is - a couple of months ago I found all those voting slips. I had no idea I had either the handwriting skills or the powers of persuasion necessary to make so many people write all those lovely things that they wrote about Barley. I've clearly missed my calling.

[pads off to join the Lib Dems - for a fee]
  • Options
    what, you mean "twisting the rules"? he wasn't even a fricking novice! you're evil. pure evil.
  • Options
    mind you, everybody was pi$$ed at the time...
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    I still don't know why the f*ck you think it had anything to do with me.

:o/
  • Options
    lol.... didn't you put down 'vote for the person with the gingerist hair who smokes the most fags'?
  • Options
    hang on... that's me isn't it??
  • Options
    Just read back a couple of pages, good to see Firestar will never be up at 5am!
  • Options
    The race is on! Who will take the shields home?? Well, Rosey and somebody else, probably. And as Rosey is poised to reach the dizzy heights of Pirate Admiral, we'll have to make him wear a silly hat during the booze up....

those rules again:

HALL OF FAME (Record holders)

Men:
    IM Captain Rosey (10:30)
    Double IM ---
    Women:
    IM 1st Mate Monique (11:5X)?
    Double IM ---

SHIELD HOLDERS (until the next official annual Pirate IM competition - IMDE2006)

Fastest Finisher 145: Junior Pirate Count (due to being fast)
    Best Novice 145: Semen Barlist (due to vote rigging by Jj)

The Rank system. On a points basis, where only IM distance or longer counts for points. Its not a knitting club. 1 point per IM finish. 1 bonus point for doing the extra hard ones (norseman, lanzarote and [but only if you get in by the honourable route, qualification] hawaii). 2 points for double IM finish. 1 bonus point for every time you win a shield or set a record (above). 1 bonus point for becoming "reasonably competent" (i.e. the first time you crack 12 hours). 1 bonus point for becoming "outstanding" (i.e. the first time you crack 10 hours). -1 point for a DNF (its not a quitting club). Note that if you miss cut off but still finish the course (even if it takes 20 hours) then you still get the point.

ranks

-1 plank
    0 landlubber
    1 scurvey dog
    2 seaman
    3 junior pirate
    4 pirate
    5 2nd mate
    6 1st mate
    7 commander
    8 captain
    9 admiral
    10 admiral (2 parrots)
    11 admiral (3 parrots) etc
    15 pirate king blackbeard

eg, barlist = 2 finish - 1 dnf + 1 shield = 2

TC = 1 finish + 1 shield + 1 reasonably competent = 3

Mo = 3 finish + 1 reasonably competent + 1 record + 1 bonus hawaii = 6

Rosey = 5 finish + 1 reasonably competent + 1 record + 1 bonus norseman = 8

Candy the great = 8 finish + 1 reasonably competent + 1 bonus lanzarote = 10
  • Options
    can i propose an early day motion that the rules be updated to say that you get three points for completing a triple and above?? no particular reason for this....
  • Options
    + 1 for sub 10
    + 1 for > IM distance
    - 1 for talking a lot of shit and not following it through, e.g. Channel swim etc
  • Options
    LOL

and... there already is +1 for sub 10. i would refer you the rules.
  • Options
    +1 for person voted most piratey on team trip?
  • Options
    lord preserve us.

there already is +1 for winning the most piratey shield. i would refer you to the rules.
  • Options
    now if anybody suggests that there should be +1 point for completing an ironman, i will take one of those shields and brain them with it. they are quite substantial, too. constructed of some kind of wood.
  • Options
    "1 bonus point for every time you win a shield or set a record (above)."

the shields (above) are for fastest finish, and best novice. best novice is the people's choice vote.

most piratey has to be a novice, since the novice aspect was part of the idea behind the pirates. everybody gets one shot at it! except for barlist, who gets several every year.
  • Options
    and coincidentally, i would refer you to haile's 'can't swim, bike or run' thread for the story of the genesis of the shields. the most incompetent story ever told.
  • Options
    Can I modify my suggestion, -5 for talking shite.
  • Options
    you'll need to come up with some new ranks for -2, -3 and -4 then
  • Options
    fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭
    ffs - I have just been asked to recruit a computational scientist for a client - do you want me to see if I can find a 2nd for you lot???

• Options
    Does rank Pirate King Blackbeard bestow bedroom rights over all planks, landlubbers, scurvey dogs, seaman and junior pirate's?