Options

Shades Marathon Training

Comments

• Options

Can anybody prescribe something for Holiday Blues Syndrome? 

Little M.iss Happy wrote (see)
    VR - a marathon?

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ha ha ha

*Groans*
    Why are you always right?

• Options
    Mrs Mac 's new addition has to be a puppy, right?
  • Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

VR - we don't know yet, although she did hint it was a bit smaller than a greyhound so I suggested a whippet and she never replied since.   She didn't actually say it was a dog, just that it wasn't a rabbit (they used to have a house rabbit)

Must go for a run now

• Options

VR - She hasn't been heard from for agesimage

When is this marathon?

• Options

Shades - I'm not, honestly, will hope for good news from the physio tomorrow. To be frank I daren't do anything in case it goes into spasm again - that was awful - and whilst at times today I've felt as if I 'could' do something I'm not at all sure that I'd be able to do anything else if I did - does that make sense? Back on the doubles already?

Elspeth - what soup did you make? Have been really naughty today as miserable - apple and blackberry crumble for pudding too image

VR - well addictions are sort of my area of speciality image

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options

I'm back image Both of us have been very busy and have become totally besotted with our new baby boy Alfie. Don't panic, he's a Chihuahua not a real baby! MrMacs hilarious taking him out in his kitten harness 'cos we couldn't get a small enough dog one yet!

Right, off to read back and see what I've missed.

• Options

LMH, sorry to hear your backs crocked. I find placing a hot water bottle on a sore back helps ease the pain.

Elspeth, how's the Moray training coming on?

Shades, another great weekend in Ireland for you? Lucky thing. Good to hear you're racing again.

VR, welcome back from holiday.

Just booked flights and accommodation for JW Ultra, didn't realise how close it was  image

• Options

Mrs Mac - Glad you're well. Any pictures of the new baby?

LMH - Watercress soup, also made a cake and curry, will swap for some crumble, my favourite!image

VR - well if you are doing 100 mile weeks you'll be going for a PB at Loch Nessimage

• Options
    Mrs Mac - Hard to say. Had a PW on Rousay at the weekend but a reasonable race the next day. Who knows what will happen on the day!
  • Options

LMH - Ditto the hot water bottle idea from mrs Mac

Mrs Mac - Aha I was right!  Your not going to make Alfie run long distances with you are you image
    His poor little legs, bless. A run to the end of your road would be a marathon for him. Lol!

• Options
    elspeth fay wrote (see)

VR - well if you are doing 100 mile weeks you'll be going for a PB at Loch Nessimage

Stop talking about running. Grrrrrr
    This is a food thread init?
  • Options

Definitely a little smaller than a greyhound then Mrs Mac!

I was using a hot water bottle on the back last week then on Saturday when it was bad Mark bought me one of those wheat pads - shaped like a hot water bottle - even better!

Elspeth - I have watercress growing thanks to Mark's mum - wasn't sure what to do with it, is watercress soup easy?

• Options

Mrs Mac is Alfie like this?

http://www.canadafreeads.com/images/20081015092941_111.jpg

• Options

LMH - Very easy, though no idea how much I use about two bunches from supermarket sadly. Will post recope if you want.

VR - See I am talking about foodimage

• Options
    Mrs Mac - can see Alfie being put in a sheepskin lined rucksack for runs.  Aaaaawww!!!  image
  • Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Elspeth,

I've not tried.  It does ease off  towards the end of the day.

Flossie,

I don't know if I need physio or not as it only came out fully yesterday.  It's feeling a bit easier now, however I don't want to take any chances.

((((LMH))))

Hope things aren't as painful now.

VR,

Welcome back.  Did you have a good holiday?

MrsMac,

That's a cute little dog.

• Options
    A better nights sleep last night but trying to stay drug free until I see the physio this morning is proving painful. Hope that I ease off enough walking Grace to get their safely. Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

LMH - good luck at the physio today, hope it turns out to be nothing serious and just overdoing things when decorating.  The crumble sounds yummy, and you deserve a little treat when you're in pain.
    Yes, back to doubles, trying to keep mileage steady at between 70 and 80 miles a week.

Mrs Mac - yes a pic of Alfie please.   I am trying to picture Mr Mac taking him out for a walk.
    Brilliant weekend in Longford, didn't go to Galway on the Saturday but Mick came over so it was good to catch up and Ray turned up on Sunday.   Ray didn't do Longford marathon as he was still recovering from doing the 100 miler on Monday (after DNF'ing at 42 miles on the Saturday).

6.3 miles for me this morning, cooler and fresh, very pleasant

• Options

HY4 - glad hip is getting easier.  image

LMH - wishing you all the best for the physio appointment this morning.  image

First day back to school today on bike (moderate) and back later (nutty speed workout).  Have a great day.  image

• Options

Morning.

Thanks for the good thoughts guys. Its not as bad as it could have been. I've upset the facet joints decorating then sent the muscles either side of my spine into spasm by not resting enough. Facet joints are improving, muscles are still in spasm. Continue with heat and stretches and anti-inflams as required. Allowed to bike as long as it doesn't irritate it - no running or swimming until there is no pain/stiffness when I get up in the mornings.

Flossie - hope it's not as windy where you are - we've got gusts up to 48mph!

Shades - how's the niggle?

Elspeth - yes please to watercress soup recipe, I have no idea what to do with mine other than put it in sandwiches!

• Options

You put soup in SANDWICHES???image

Just clicked on "view first unread post" and it took me back to 2005! image 

Youngest Miss LB is 9 today! We got her a Nintendo DSi. She spent all morning taking photos of us and then distorting them to make us look like we'd been in a hall of mirrors!image

She also has £140 in birthday money and savings. I nearly fell over when she asked me how much GHD's were! I have a pair of GHD's but she wants her own! 

No way am I letting a nine year fork out over a hundred quid for hair straighteners.....image

• Options

LB - glad you clarified what GHD's are - I had no idea.

Mrs Mac - Alfie has lovely eyes.

• Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

LMH - that's good news re the back, just take it easy and you'll soon be back training hard.

At the moment I don't appear to have a niggle (crosses fingers)

MrsMac - thanks for the photo of Alfie, I nearly fell off my chair at the price though!

LB - happy birthday to Miss LB

£100+ for hair straighteners....why would anyone pay that?

Right back to work

• Options

LMH - Good news re the back, just hope it doesn't take too long to settle. Just in the door to find book waiting for me - thanksimage

Mrs Mac - he's tiny!

Soup - lightly fry one onion and large potato, add 11/2 bunches watercress, no need to chop up and 1 1/4 pints vegetable stock, bring to simmer and cook for 20-30 minutes, add other 1/2 bunch watercress chopped roughly, 1/4 pint milk and 1 tbsp lemon juice, simmer another 5 mins then blend. Easyimage.

Shades - Teenage girls, that's who or try to persuade their parents to pay itimage

• Options
    SHADES wrote (see)

Miss LB is reading this and says "because they're worth it" ! (and she's only nine today)!
    http://image.ec21.com/image/tinping/pre_GC01163291/GHD_Hair_Straightener.jpg

These are £147! She will be spending her money more wisely, I can assure you......image
  • Options

Mrs Mac - he's a cutie!

Dogs are expensive, aren't they?

Shades - our bar bill in Dublin will be more than that! image

• Options
    LIVERBIRD wrote (see)
    SHADES wrote (see)

Miss LB is reading this and says "because they're worth it" ! (and she's only nine today)!
    http://image.ec21.com/image/tinping/pre_GC01163291/GHD_Hair_Straightener.jpg

These are £147! She will be spending her money more wisely, I can assure you......image

LB - there are identical ones made by SHE

http://www.shehair.com/

• Options

Ooh - I like the £69 price tag better than the £147 one!

Are you in touch with your feminine side then JP or is this the result of living with two wimmin? image

• Options

Knowing Miss LB she will go for the label though......

The apple hasn't fallen too far from the tree....image