Options

Tuesday 10th January

And drink a bottle full of rye
Four and twenty blackbirds in a cake

First time I've started the thread :O).

easy run in the morning before a tougher sesion in the evening at the track, hopefully new spikes will arrive so I'll have plenty fo time to test them about before Sunday.

Anyone else got county champs this weekend?

Comments

• Options
    Will take this one as it was started 4 seconds earlier ;~)

What: About to go to swimming, PM run easy probably 8 miles
    Why: Base
    Last Hard: Last night at track..windy.

Morning all
  • Options
    Morning

Full nights sleep i am so pleased must have been the threat to stay awake and do mind numbing chores like ironing;-)

Hipps and Hollywood

yes 8 pairs but I cant get these trainers so stocking up whilst I can and I do run a few miles so go through them quickly;-) anyway will be lucky if SS get it right and have them in stock;-(

What: run after work so 7 ish miles
    Why:
    Last hard: hills on sunday
    last rest: none this year;-)

have a great day out there and train well

Hope Gary and the rest injured are all okay and on the upward escalators

BL
    glad to know I am not the only one suffering but hope you get your sleep pattern back.I am going to do what i did last night for a few nights to make sure.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Co-op have 4 pack of LS BOGOF
    but none in my local shop:-(((((
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    mavamava ✭✭✭
    morning.

I've got up to run but don't have the energy or desire. Very tired and apathetic. I'll go to work early (by bike, so some exercise there) so I can leave early and maybe (just maybe) run tonight before I have company for the evening.

Won't be able to run tomorrow as I have to go to Birmingham for the day.

I obviously need a schedule to follow so I feel I can't miss a run!

• Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Morning

I'm up early for a 12 hour shift....

What: either an hour on the turbo or a 3-4 mile run when I get home
    Why: tri training
    Last hard: yesterday's long run
    Last rest: tuesday

Hvae a good day all.
  • Options
    Morning all,

What: 10M steady with 10x100m strides
    Why: aerobic conditioning & speed as described by Scott & Pete!
    Last hard: Sat
  • Options
    Morning

Dustin - well raced.

Bambi Legs - Yes,it seems like an easy week or two might do the trick.

Gary - Scary stuff indeed,take it easy.

PH - Look after yourself.

Pammie - Go for that marathon :o)

What: 10 easy miles
    Why: Physio's orders (don't think she had 10 miles in mind though)
    Last hard: Saturday

It has bee raining here for the past week,not complaining it has been very hot and dry.
  • Options
    Big Tim - Hope you dad is okay.
  • Options
    Morning,

What: club session (2 x 3000m I think)
    Why: speedie session

Last hard: Sunday
    Last rest: Wednesday

Thats all I have time for
    Have a goodly day.
  • Options
    WP - loads in our local co-op (before I got there anyway):-)

What: 4 miles am / 10 inc 7.5 @6:20 pace
    Why: toothpaste
  • Options
    BR
    Have you been to my local and stock piled;-)
    We have not had any for weeks so i ring them everyday to check;-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Morning all,

What: About 10 miles - new running route - I'll have to measure it - feeling a little tired now.
    Why: Husband has been walking as far as I have been running the last couple of days so thought I'd up it a bit, so now he has kayaked for 2 hrs. Think he's keeping me honest!

Have a good day.
  • Options
    Morning all,

Hipps and other under-the-weather peeps, hope you feel better soon.

What: 45' easy run am; 60' turbo tonight.
    Why: tri training
    Last hard: yesterday (ran too soon after eating)
    Last rest: Weds

Good runnings all.
  • Options
    Morning

Is this all taking part in the co-op's shoes for pensions exchange?

What: I will go for a swim (probably possibly maybe)
    Why: Seriously bored of this cold - can't believe it lasted until 2996.
    Lyrics: Slips to 1 out of 10
  • Options
    Morning

What: 7 miles in a moment (EID Holiday)
    Why: Baby DD will be asleep soon!
    Last Hard: Last night

Ran my first sub 45min 10K for 3 years last night and that what happens when you decide to run with the youngsters at the front!
  • Options
    Fingers crossed for your Dad, BT, sort of lost track when his op is scheduled for, but I think you said this week.

Scheduled rest day, so I can post that now!

Bryn, you up early studying or something? Students these days, I just don't know!

((Mava)) I'm not at all sure it's a schedule that you need. Everything you write on here shows a real keenness to get out, train. You feel washed out and apathetic, and ascribe it to laziness, or some lack of discipline. I doubt it.

I think I understand some part. All those years when friends, relations and the medical community were inclined to think I was lazy, malingering, hysterical or all of the above, nobody was more inclined to judge me harshly than myself. It didn't help. If I have learned anything from those years, it is to trust my own senses: if I feel washed out and tired, then I am washed out and tired, and while I probably can beat myself into a short period of activity, the overall effect will be undoubtedly a bad one.

You've had rather a basinful of frustration and disappointment over the last few months. The discrepancy between the training you want to do and your energy levels tends to lead to more frustration. My experience is that such frustration only exacerbates existing illness/low energy problems. What are your plans for the spring? Any chance you can take a step back, regroup and build back up again?

• Options
    I didnt get last nites extra optional run in as my better half took i'' so i did the cooking and house work instead

so ...

WHAT :
    - AM - Swim, just 30 or 40 mins
    - PB - Run - about 60 mins plus some stretcing

WHY : Club nite

LAST REST : Week gone Monday

Have fun all
  • Options

What: 6 miles
    Why: Half tapering
    Last rest: Yesterday
  • Options
    Mava - BTW my latest marathon: 5:06 :-) See RichK's site if you haven't already.

Hippo - no, but I'm seeing my GP tomorrow hopefully to get my protein all clear and maybe the result of the swab. Still v chesty today though.

Pammie: if you'd like a spring/early summer 'thon, what about Copenhagen in late May? You'll be well looked after; the list so far includes RichK, Trinity, Adverse Camber, Steady, CR, me and sundry others. The forumites at CPH always get together the day before and again after the race and it's a brilliant event now.
  • Options
    morning,

good race you did at weekend dustin, well done.

hope you really are ok gary, not nice that

lyrics - yes!

what - rest day. will do some gym and weights
    why - due

wet and horrible
  • Options
    mavamava ✭✭✭
    stickless - you are, as ever, a voice of reason! I do know why I'm feeling washed out today and I know it will pass. I did manage to cycle to work today, and at the faster end of the usual.

I've got Wokingham Half and Reading Half booked and I'm looking at either Kingston 16 or Paddock Wood for early April. Apart from that I haven't got plans except maybe to try to bring my 10k pb down a little.

But I am actually quite enjoying having a bit of a life again, rather than focusing just on training. My holiday was just what I needed and I have interesting developments occuring in both personal life and work life so I'm not beating myself up too much!

Snaps, good to hear you a bit more positive. I'll have a look at Rich's site.
  • Options
    K9K9 ✭✭✭
    morning.
    What: very pleasant 5.5 miles this morning in the sunshine. Just back from a swim at the beach. I really don't want to come home!
  • Options
    WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Well run DD, a revival of sorts for you!

Good effort in the XC race from Dustin.

Frightening stuff Gary, hope all turns out to be well.

Energy drinks.. Tesco currently have the Powerade stuff on a BOGOF offer. I already have a modest stockpile.

am.. 4 miles d&d

pm.. 7 miles with clubmates

• Options
    morning

What: 8 x 800m, off 1min

why: speed endurance and faster running

last hard: saturday

Last rest: sunday

train well
  • Options
    Morning,

Bryn-Got County XC on Saturday (Worcestershire)

What: 1.25km swim am
    Why: easy day, I'm tired. Felt great on last night's run but feet are now ripped to pieces, they need a day off.
    Last Hard: yesterday
    Last Rest: 5 days
  • Options
    Morning,

What: 12 steadily paced miles from London E1 to Bromley BR1.
    Why: Aerobic fitness.
    Last hard: 2 days.
    last rest: 4 days.

Shorter run planned for this evening.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    wp, what is the sleep thing? I always sleep well but last few nights I am having nightmares, and keep waking up in first couple of hours after going off! Its driving me mad!
    NZ nothing like a bit of healthy competition, mind you mr w beats me hands down cos I wont win any cups!!
    Mava, if you are talking about what I think you are, I know where you're coming from and luckily it does pass, if you are not then I am batty!
    What: rest from running
    why: gym assessment later, and sched says rest
    last hard: last thurs
    last easy: sun

Take care all, just going to read back.
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Mava - glad there is a recognisable reason for feeling washed out, and that the bike ride was a rewarding one. Definitely go and enjoy having a life! It is what it is there for.

• Options
    How's hip Wabo?
  • Options
    morning

Just read rest of last nights thread

Fell Liker - it is for real the pop up is telling people about the training session before our AGM. Feltching tubes are the relay metal tubes. Its a good speed session, and a lot of fun. Run round a part of norfolk park