Options

'Mature' runners.

Comments

• Options
    Understand, trekker. Try doing a seperate post on Training - hope you get some takers. But you're extremely welcome to stick around here and join the motley crew! <<meerkat extends hairy paw of welcome>>
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    I am a very very bad leopard.

:o(

I'm still stood sat sittin here in me running togs. An' I have yet to breathe any fresh air. I fell asleep at about 4. then felt all wibbly. Then had dinner. And a beer.

:o(

So I'm going to go out at 8.30 and feel carp but it will serve me right.
  • Options
    Just a tired leopard, Jj.
  • Options
    Hello, Hello. It's hor-rid to be back, it's hor-rid to be back.
    Did you miss me, Yeah, while I was away, did you hang my picture on your wall
    Did you kiss me, Yeah, every single day, although you couldn't kiss me at all.
    And did you love me, Yeah, like a good FFF thread,
    Did you tell those naughty chavs not to call, did you love me, Yeah, in your little world,
    Although you couldn't see me at all, although you couldn't see me at all,

;o))
  • Options
    Ooooppps

Did you miss me, Yeah, while I was away, did you hang my picture on your wall
    Did you kiss me, Yeah, every single day, although you couldn't kiss me at all.
    And did you love me, Yeah, like a good Maturite thread,
    Did you tell those naughty chavs not to call, did you love me, Yeah, in your little world,
    Although you couldn't see me at all, although you couldn't see me at all,

;o))
  • Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Good evening all,

Welcome back Wabbit. Hope you shopped big time and ate loads of yummy NY food.

Jj, I can't believe you've been so naughty! Get your lazy backside out of the door and do a run before it gets dark. Go on, off you go now ;-)
  • Options
    Good evening sir, I am fine and dandy and sooooooooo glad to be back (my pinnochio type nose is growing by the sec)....

Had a brill time but shattered! Didn't manage to get to KK's :(

How's you? Hope you are good! How's the training?

Any gossip whilst I've been away or shall I start some now!?
  • Options
    Hiya Redhead, Noooo Yoiik was cool. Great time had by all. Well, two of us anyway!

I've taken an hour reading back....!!! Brillo news on your new club and your run last night? Really pleased for you. You will find that your speeds will really increase quickly and you'll get much stronger.... I found that when I first joined mine. Enjoy. It does make all the difference running with peeps.

You guys have had fun and humour as usual.

• Options
    Great stuff, JJ and MK .... Well done.

Proud of you both!

• Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Hi Rabbs, glad you had a good time. Hubby wants to go later in the year so he gets to see clients and I get to spend money! Club is good thanks and I did enjoy running as a group. Best of both worlds really 'cos I also enjoy doing my long runs alone. Did you run in Central Park?
  • Options
    Hi all, just checking in to say goodbye for a while. We are leaving tomorrow for the Quelle Challenge and won't be back home for a while - taking some (well-earned) R&R after the race.
    Enjoy your running,have fun, and see you all round about July 18th.

JJ - I'm relying on you to keep order as usual.
  • Options
    Good luck, Ironwolf!!
    Welcome home, Rabbs - good to see you :))
    JJ - will check to see what the question might be...knee related??
  • Options
    Redhead, yes we ran in central park. have done this on my last visit too. Er.... it was like, spot the runner on Sunday morning! Chocker with runners! We also had a ride in a horse-drawn carriage around the park which was cool. I was waving like our Queenie Liz but no-one was taking any notice! :(

Thoroughly recommend it. I must say, I do love the place! I'd say it's quite cheap too!
  • Options
    Hiya IW and MK

<Furry Hot Dog Hugs> !! LOL
  • Options
    Yum! Thanks, Rabbs. With mustard, I hope.
    JJ - still checking the virtual archive...no, no help there.
  • Options
    Is this "psoas" thing (that Red knows how to stretch) pronounced like "sore @rse" ??
  • Options
    Good evening.

IW - Good luck! Hope you go sub-fifteen! Or, was it sub-twelve?

Red - Glad that your hubby is making the change. Don't be too mean to him. We all know that you can run him into the ground.

Rabs - Welcome home. I missed you. If you don't believe me, read through the posts. I said so, for the record.

Hula - Welcome to the thread! It's nice to meet you.

• Options
    trekker - Welcome, also. Hope you find a running partner. If not, just run. I prefer running alone as I hate to hold peeps back.
  • Options
    JIIIIIIMMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOO

<Wabbit runs across the thread and gives her american buddy a big nooooooooo yoiiiiik smacker on the moooooosh>

How's you, Jimbo...? Running well? I have great faith you are! I missed y'all too!

• Options
    MikeFrog,

If it is, I have that too, after sitting on a plane for sooooooooo long! :oP
  • Options
    Rabs - I missed you, but I absolutely LOVE the hello. I hope you go to NY AGAIN next week.

Running well, but disappointed. That's okay (said with a sigh). I will get over it.
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    Well, waddya know?

I was about to post rather sniffily earlier that I do NOT respond to chastisement. Strictly praise and reward, me.

So imagine my surprise to find that tonight's grumbling, post dinner, post beer waddle - a short one of half an hour - clocked me a shade under three miles at 10:20 per mile!!!

<<<beam>>>

That's over a minute per mile improvement on my usual pootle.

So I'm off to bed all chuffed now.

ninight.
    xx
  • Options
    Hi peeps

running nicely again so will be fairly civilised tonight, just found out am going to France friday night for 24 hours to do some gardening for a friend followed by a BBQ and no wine coz got to drive home, ah well, lots on Friday night then to make up for it.

Interview tomorrow, presentation prepared, tie knotted, shirt ironed, all down to them now.