Morning all.

Off to Lambourn soon - must bath.

Bullfinch
  • Options
    Plodding for me
    hhangover or no hangover
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Morning, just off to station to take stewart. It's freezing cold, and I have to run later Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!

BF What is the significance between having a bath and being off to Lambourne?!!
  • Options
    I shall put on my new humungous long sleeved orange top then

(it was in the sale)
  • Options
    Go for it Benz. I've got lots of bright running gear. Don't like being ignored. It's safer as well.
    JJ
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Just back from station, and I know I am going to play delaying tactics before I get out there and run. At present I feel like wearing my all in one ski suit((o. I suppose it doesn't help that I am still wearing my summer weight clothes with open toe sandals. Oh well, jobs to do before I go out, phone calls to make--------.
  • Options
    actually
    it wasnt that cold

short little plod done
  • Options
    Morning all :o)

Ceal it won't be so bad once you get otu there! Wasn't quite as cold as expected this morning!

Still feeling a bit sluggish, running without the dogs was wonderful on Sunday, its a pity that I don't have enough hours in the day so that i acn do them seperately!
  • Options
    Peeps!

Hi Ceal, lovely to have you back. I really missed you!

Well, I have to go out for a run today. It is grey and dark here. YAWNNN!

BF, great news about your mum!

Hi Maggie, JJ, Pammie, Pussy, Hippo and DDP!
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    You were right Maggie, it wasn't as cold as it seems in the house. I was cold however for the first 10 mins and had even considered gloves.

I decided to do a tempo run. Ran just over an hour with 40 mins in the middle at a pace just outside the comfort zone. Whole run totalled around 7.5 miles. Legs felt quite strong, knees recovering from the punishing walking thankgoodness.

Spud have you still got your shrew?

JJ how are you today,t are you still atacking spreadsheets?
  • Options
    Ceal sounds like a great run! Glad to hear that the knees are recovering from your holiday walks.
  • Options
    Hi all.

Lovely morning on the Lambourn downs.

Ceal. The bath was for the benefit of the company rather than the location. Although, I smell of horses most of the time so they probably wouldn't have noticed.

Bullfinch
  • Options
    Ceal, I saw her two days ago in the garden. I know it is the same one because she has a little white spot by her neck.She hasn't come inside the house lately.
  • Options
    Coach JJ, I went for my run and did 12k@ 1/2m pace (5min14/km).

I am worried about two things:
    1) I ran the 12k but felt very tired. I wouldn't be able to run any further than the 12k at that pace. With Amsterdam so near I think i am not well prepared for it.

2) The place I do all my training can be described as undulating. It goes up and down all the way. Somtimes there is a flat bit of about 100m or so. I run strong uphill but always have the chance to rest a bit downhill. The problem with Amsgerdam is that it is completely flat. I won't have the dwonhill bits to rest. I don't think I can do the 21k at a constant pace.
    What do you think?

Worried Spud
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    The only comment I would make before JJ has a chance to answer you with logic and style is that you will not have run 15 miles 3 days before your race. That in itself will make a difference. Also the hills in your training run are making a big difference, although you feel strong running up them, it will be taking more effort on your behalf. Therefore on the flat, you will not need a recovery. As for running constantly, a flat course will give you an opportunity to run at a constant speed.

It is called race nerves what you are suffering from at the moment, very common. I suffer the same way too. When is your race?

I am off now to take my Mum for a flu jab. That tells me that it must really be winter.
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    BF I guessed the bath was for the company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was just ribbing you.
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr from me too!!
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Hi folks

First day back running, base training on the treadie 40 minutes keeping heartrate at around 145 bpm it was tough as its always on the treadie tomorrow will be outdors for the same time hopefully.
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Pussy, I nearly forgot to comment on your posting.

Firstly, I am so sorry to hear that you have had to back out of the imminent 10k, especially as races are pretty sparse in your neck of the woods. Hope the bug is on the way out now.

Secondly, you have really wet my appetite re your research and the writing of a documentary, I await with anticipation to hear what you are up to. It has to have an comical twist to it, no pussy's, no boats---- you didn't mention no running or sheep did you? Anyway, the best of luck for such a venture. Will you be famous?
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    JJ i want 55 minutes (for starters) i call it the paula philosophy (pp) pleased with my time but i want to be faster.
    Just under 10 weeks to go
    Maybe!
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Pammie, you want it so badly, I know you will make it and beyond.
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Ahhh ceal you do say the nicest things.
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Only when I believe something to be true.