Options

FLM 09 - 3.45ers!

Comments

• Options
    Claire - the surprise is for me - how exciting!
  • Options
    .......beheading at the tower?
  • Options
    As long as he's arranged for my ex-husband to be the beheadee image
  • Options

ooh lucky you TMA image

• Options

TMA

'Public execution of former spouse or partner'...........what do you think for the next reality TV show?,  in a sort of weakest link format. Anne R. would be up for that i'm sure!

• Options
    Orrr how exciting MTA.
  • Options
    We have white stuff falling.....!
  • Options
    Don't think it'll be much, but they have said we could get a bit today and tomorrow......
  • Options
    Just a bit dull here after a very cold start.   Calves are a bit sore today, supposed to be a ten miler tonight but that might be a bit much if I'm doing a half on Saturday.  Back to the grindstone image
  • Options
    I'm just out to clear all the white stuff off the drive or my sister and family won't have anywhere to park when they arrive later. Chalet AdyP is up and running for Half term!
  • Options
    Hi all! Beautiful day here at the North Downs. I'm just back from 12 miles. Still slow, and I blew up in the last two - probably should have taken some energy drink out there. I'm not very good with the winter hydration, which is just plain stupid. I had to stop for an emergency Coke break because of a lightish head. Anyway, it's all building up; I'll do a fast 6 on Friday, and then nothing more until the half on Sunday. Am not aiming for great speed, but want a good, consistent set of splits. If that works, then I'll be getting the runs longer over the coming 5 weeks, then throw in some speed and LT stuff from mid-March. With luck, that will make decent prep for London, but it's looking particularly good for Edinburgh in May -- so we'll see what happens.

• Options

it is gawjuss on my bit of the North Downs too.

Well done Dalya, bet it was lovely running out there.

Take it easy Mr P, how about doing a 6 miler in readiness for saturday?

• Options

Yeah well done Dalya, its dull and horrid here...glad you got some good miles in.

I was thinking this morning it's only 2 months till Brighton image

• Options
    Wow, that has come round quick
  • Options

It has hasn't it...I'll be on my taper before I know it! 

Proper white stuff is coming down now!

• Options

Beautiful day in Sussex, shame I am too busy to run. Will try to get out with the club tonight, but it'll be cold and dark by then..................image

Two months. Sh*t !!!!imageimageimage

• Options
    Yep, sorry OS - then it'll only be another 5 weeks till my next one! image
  • Options
    Will be 7 days to mine !!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    !!!!!!!!  Oh yes, forgot  about that - you mad man!image
  • Options

OK...want a lucrative career?  Become a designer!

We have been asked to pay the costs for the designer of a medium-sized supermarket's new Brand to inspect the bag designs as they come off the press.  Wait for it...£80 per hour, including travelling time, car hire fuel and out of pocket expenses.  Of course we refused, so now they have suggested, to cut costs, that someone picks him up from the airport and arranges a hotel for him to stay overnight!

To put it in perspective, UK's second biggest chain's designers don't charge for this work in UK.

For me, it will be a 5am drive up to the printer, mooch around while they get the job right, check it, then sit around while it prints and do it all over again.  3 times. Greggs sandwich for lunch and a few cups of coffee out of the machine.  Drive back in the early hours, no overtime, 40p per mile petrol allowance back in the office 8am next day.  

Due to some clever logistical work by PJ I haven't been able to run tonight, so I'll do our sprint session tomorrow and then rest up till Sunday

• Options

Blimey Mr P.....what a joke..some people need to live in the real world.

What are you running on Sunday?

• Options

I am running the Wrexham half mara, I last did it two years a go in 1:44 so I'm hoping to beat that easily this year, I may just go for broke and try for around 1:38 though.  I'm reaching a point in my training where I feel like I'm beginning to get into a rut of slow runs, so it's time to introduce some speed.

You get a loaf of Bara Brith at the end as its sponsored by a bakery.

Watched the ladies skiing earlier, some spectacular crashes.

• Options

Sounds like a good race...good luck with your time.

Yes, I've been watching the ladies down hill tonight, shame for that Swedish Skier, I couldn't believe how far she flew into the air! 

OH is watching the footie at the mo.  I'm hoping to go to the Villa re play against Crystal Palace next Wed night with my Dad.

• Options

I'm off today, but unfortunately will be doing some work from home as all our mock AS/A2/IB exams start on Monday.

We did a nice 6 miles last night and will do 7 this evening, then into Londinium tomorrow!  I have to say it's so nice to have someone to run with - I think I'll feel a bit bad on VLM day when OH will be watching on the sidelines, bearing in mind he will have done all my training with me!

Have a good day all xx

• Options

Morning all.............Puffy, you think that's bad, try dealing with City law firms...............four figures for an hours work isn't unusual..................unbelievable.

I saw the Swedish girl wipe out as well - wow. Glad I don't ski (never will now with my knees !)

Good club session last night - reasonable distance and 2 long 'Kenyan Hill' efforts of about 20 mins each. Really tough. Looks as though we have about 20 people running the Brighton Half on Sunday (although not me unfortunately)

TMA - wouldn't worry, just think how grateful you'll be to fall into his arms at the finish eh ??

• Options
    I think he's planning on being in the pub with the rest of the forum's OH's!  He's intrigued by you lot!
  • Options

Morning all. Grey day here in the wilds of East Anglia after a lovely day yesterday. Normal service is resumed.

Cracking wipe outs.  Felt a bit sorry for the french girl who fell over within 10 yards of the start! Love my skiing, but haven't been for a few years.

Nice 6 mile hill sessions around home yesterday. Gentle one today. Still a bit achy after the weekend. Old legs taking longer to recover. 15M with a mate this weekend. Will be nice to have someone to run with on my LSR for a change.

Any news on the MaltLoafers badges NfS?

• Options

Having finished Rosie's book, have now started 'Run to Win' by George Sheehan - very interesting, including an explanation of how runners find time to run, whereas unfit people can't!

Dalya, I will be probably wearing my Henfield Joggers green vest on Sunday, unless it's freezing cold. If you tell me where you'll be before the start and what you'll be wearing, I might just be able to identify you.

OS, I don't enter many races but, as I am competitive, I prefer those where there are lots of runners and few people I know!

• Options

Cstar

design coming along. Still waiting to hear from Soreen for a bit of sponsorship.

Lurgi alert!

had a hopeless club run last night (8 miles)  I've picked up some sort of virus thing I think.? Top of throat area swollen but not sore, and feel cold and washed out. Felt rubbish at about one mile, fell apart at about 5, legs went, couldn't get breath, and very slow jogged the last 3 miles. I'm gutted, as my VLM training was just coming together, now I just feel like poo.