Options

Pooh's Corner

Comments

• Options
    Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭
    We are as well but have decided to drop our price and rent soemwhere nearer to my work,
  • Options
    We've already dropped our price from the one we were asking last year, by about 5%. We has a second viewing yesterday. A good thing was that my wife overheard them chatting about how easy certain little things were to put right, and a bad thing was that they made the usual noises amongst themselves - market is weak, crash is coming etc. I probably would as well. If we get an offer then I have a feeling it will be cheeky, but we're planning on being cheeky in Newport as well. We couldn't really take a 10% reduction, but we'll see what happens.
  • Options
    Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭
    Hiya tweety - and BD how are you both?
  • Options
    Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    If you don't know then you really need one
  • Options
    Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

A rest now and then would be good - take care

• Options

hi all, the early night I planned has gone to pot.  Over the road having a party!  Debating if I should call the police???  I put the lights out in the hope they would take the hint, but as it looks like thier next door neighbours are away, it could go on for hours.  So thats next door (Who have really p**ed me off today and over the road.  GRRRRRRRRRimage

Have enjoyed the holiday, but I think I need a rest too.  I hate packing and I hate unpacking.  I have a mountain of washing to do which ten ends up beinga a mountain of washing.  Still the weather in Scotland was fab.  I didn't want to come home as I loved the running there.  The only noisy neighbours were the sheep and cows.  Seals playing out at sea.  Sigh,   No busy roads.  Sigh.  If we win the lotttery

Doing Blaydon tomorrow night.  Then the Great Womens run on Sunday.  Lets see if I can lose the 3lbs I have put back on!!!

Fraggle they have woken up Molly..

• Options

MAnaged Blaydon in 1;01:07.  Really enjoyed it but it was hot.  Cooler now.  Going for a bath then bed.  Molly will be up very early tomorrow as she was in bed by 7.00. 

• Options

Nice one BM. If they wake Molly then they need sorting out. I'm fairly tolerant, and Clarissa sleeps in the back of the house so never wakes up, but if someone woke her up with their party then I would complain. The students in our street have been pretty good this year actually. I think most of them were final year students so probably had a lot on. They had their "end of uni" party last Saturday, and were pretty good although we could still hear them even after they had turned it down "at a reasonable hour" (their words).

The same students really got me riled up earlier in the year though. One of their cars got broken into and I got the registration of the "getaway" car. I reported the crime (not an easy feat as the Police weren't too keen for me to report it!), gave the owner the crime reference number etc., only for them to have a very loud party until about 4am! Kids today!

I can't wait to move to the leafy suburbs of Newport, where the only thing to wake you up is the birdsong!

It was almost too hot to run this morning. I went out a bit earlier than normal to give myself more time to cool down. I thought I'd done OK, but when I got dressed after my shower I started sweating again. I hate it when that happens.

• Options

They either calmed down after 1.00 or I went into a coma.  We normally don't hear them its really out of character.  If they do have a knees up they usually stop at 12.00.  But I think I cheesed them off when I told thier boy off 2-3 weeks ago for chucking stones at the dog through the fence.  He is normally well behaved but has taken up with a girl a bit older who will lead him astray.  She throws stones at the dog Ihave told her off before.  Threatened her with the police and she has stopped. 

That sounds about right.  My friend lived next door to students for years until the housing market went mad and the guy sold the properties as flats.  She had bother every weekend and student night.  Her son was only a few weeks old he'd sleep through it.

It is too warm for running,  Have a running vest  ready for tomorrow as we are doing 6 min efforts will be dripping by the end of it. 

Sounds good TAv.  Birdsong and leafy suburbs. 

• Options
    Their dog is out and barking now.  Ah well maybe I have cheesed them off a bit, but I refuse to let thier kids try and stone my dog. 
  • Options

Did the Great Womens run today it was only 5.5 miles (Supposed to be a 10k but the waves were washing over the pier so we could only run half of it). In 53:30 on my watch.  54:30 by their clock.  The results are not online yet for official times but i am really chuffed to bits.  Was 479th out of 1500 ish. 

Woo hoo. 

• Options

Nice one again BM! I think the inclines in Newport are helping my training, I was back in flat Reading for the weekend and did a 7.25 mile long run yesterday in 8:05 pace average, so I'm getting back to improving after a slight lay-off.

Best bit abaout yesterday was taking Clarissa swimming though. We haven't taken her before, in fact the only pool she's been in was in Majorca when she was 18 months old, a full 2 years ago. She loved it. I mean she wasn't jumping in off the side or anything, in fact for most of the "swim" she was in a rubber ring with arm bands on, but she didn't really have any fear of the water. She came out of the ring to do a few lengths of paddling with me supporting her tummy. So that's going to be a regular Sunday excursion.

• Options

Thanks TAv.   Official time 53:29 placed 476 out of 1550.   Good one for getting back out there.   

We have just started to take Molly (Slapped wrist for leaving it so late).  It was her 3rd time in.    She clung like a limpet for the first 3 minutes then started to jump in with me catching her.  Then she jumped in 3 times without me catching her.  But she would not let me let go of her to float even though she let go of the wall and floated whilst watching a little girl jump in.  She was so engrossed she didn't realise. 

I am going to enrol her in Ducklings in September.  I want her to swim but I don't want her to be scared like me.  I hate deep water.  I can't jump in.  I keep saying one day I will take improvers lessons.  So as soon as they have the dates I will put her name down. 

Ah well off to bed. 

• Options
    I've been told that it doesn't really matter if you leave it before teaching kids how to swim. All the parents who take their babies because they think it will help them are mistaken anyway, since babies actually lose the natural ability to swim over time. The main obstacle is whether they are frightened of the water or not. They need confidence, then as soon as they have that they're away.
  • Options

Molly can swim with floats!! 

Proud parent moment.

Running Tynedale tomorrwo night.  Gulp a 10k with no music.  Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 

• Options

<waves to fellow parents>

well done mollyimage

jess starts reception in september.  she is growing up but alas, still not sleeping through the night.

ah well, these things are sent to try us.....

• Options

Hello everyone

Life been hectic.  House as per usual took over. 

sorry not been on.  computer bin acting itself and switching itself off.  Managed to get it sort of sorted.  So can spend more than 20 mins on it at a time!!!

How is everyone???? 

They grow up so fast it is frightening Tweety.   Molly doesn't sleep through either.  Given up trying to keep her out the bed.  She now had pride of place from about 4.30  am onwards.........

The new neighbours rotwiellers are driving me nuts.  They are out all day/night and bark at the least little noise.  HAd a cough plus tonsillitis last week.  Every time I coughed they barked. 

Molly starts Nursery proper in September (Gulp).  She is bored brainless without her afternoon nursery.

Did my first Fell RAce today.  Good I enjyed it apart from the thigh deep fast running stream.  That was a bit scary when i lost my footing a bit.  But I didn't swim.  FAb day. 

Hows the running going Tweety???

Hi BD.

• Options
    Hi Batmouse

Congratulations on your fell race.
  • Options
    Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

Hi BD -

Well done BM never ever did a fell race although often ran cross country at the course they are planning to use for the Olympic Moutain Biking in the 2012 games.

Back at work next week so will catch up then -

• Options

I decided fell racing like Xc but the hills are bigger and the water deeper.   Plus you get to run down hills with the sheep scattering (No farmers to get irate).   Thank you.  A bit achy today though.  My legs look like they bin shreaded, but still i did it!!! 

Wow claim to fame Grendel. 

I dunno bout anyone else (or is it just the north EAst,)  but I am sick of rain. 

• Options

did my first club night in weeks as I seem to have been racing every Wednesday bar the week I was off with Tonsillitis 29th July??? I think.

It has nearly killed me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Am off to get my chocolate bar and a horlicks.  I am going to read a chapter of my book and enjoy every last mouthfull of the chocolate....  Why is it so bad for you???

Grendel have you signed up for the free copy of Spikes the athletics magazine????  I think its out every 3 months???  It's rather good. If you want the link for the website let me know!!!

• Options
    Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭
    Yes please BM - would appreciate that.
  • Options

I have forwarded it to your email Grendel

We made muffins today.  Tomorrow it may be rice krispie cakes.  We have painted, stuck and glued, played shops.  Read, drawn, played magnetic words... is this rain ever going to stop?????????????????

The rate I am going the stone and a half I have lost is going to be gained again by eating the cakes we are making!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!image

Ah well I think the beast has setled am off to bed.  Just ordered a Hilly Runners arm mobile/gel cariier  off the net for the GNR instead of carrying the bumbag i normally do!!!

All excited.  I hope it arrives soon!

night

• Options
    Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭
    Thanks BM will catch up next week when I am back at work
  • Options
    No problems Grendel.  They have a good website www.spikesuk or something like that.  enjoyed what I saw of the athletics today.  Sunderland scuppered my plans to go to the athletics at Gateshead on 31st August.  They moved the match from sat to Sunday grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrimage