Options

Caaamonnn Ref!!

Comments

• Options

FC United supporters do already, that old Manchester - Merseyside derby thing image has been given a new spin this year. Given our recent run of form we could be soon down there too. Aw, the Unibond League. It's not so baaad...

• Options

Also the Manchester/Yorkshire rivalry has been a bit interesting also @ some FC games of the last couple of seasons image

• Options
    FC Newcastle just getting off the ground too. You have been warned...
  • Options

Manchester derby tonite. FCUM v Ashton Utd.

BTW** AFC Telford have finally found a team worse than us. AFCTU 5 (f.i.v.e.) Vauxhall Motors 1image. I know it's an inappropriate use of letters (normally used for scores of 7 upwards) BUT c'mon lads, its been a poor season, let me off.
    Also must report on an excellent refereeing performance by a lady referee at the game last night. Do they ref much above BSN level? I've seen a few assistants last couple of years, but not a lady ref for ages. There was one in the '90s I think.

• Options
    BRT - I'm intrigued - what's with the yellow & green scarves?
  • Options

It was the colours of Newton Heath.

MUST (Man Utd Supporters Trust) have requested that their members & anyone opposed to Glazers wear green & gold as a visual protest to the Glazers.

It is our intention to maintain this until they go by demonstrating that their income stream from official United Merchandise will suffer & is suffering.

I only hope that the people who demonstrated back in 05 & still then went on to renew their Season Tickets now have the courage of their convictions & do not renew for next season when the the renewals are issued in next few weeks.

Since 05 I have done a few away games & had one moment of weakness when I was given a ticket to the Champions league 1/4 final @ OT but apart from that I have done what I said I would do & not given them a penny of my money as did many others,FCUM was created on the back of this.

I just hope that many more people stand up to be counted this time around???

Knowing our luck Nike will introduce a green & gold away kit next season image

• Options

I thought I posted something like that but it seems to have disappeared, and anyway it wouldnt have been in as much depth or half as good. Must be old age..
    A bloke on 5live the other day said that if every Man Utd supporter put in  £500, then you could buy the club and have a "new Barcelona"!

..anyway, we hit 5 again on Saturday v Droylsden, nearly doubling our goals for the season tally in just 2 games. Roll on the mighty Gainsborough Trinity on Tuesday.....

• Options

Hello men. I had a rare mid-exile visit down the Lamb on Saturday. We beat the league leaders and won rave reviews. I yawned mostly. I cant say they were bad, just it bored me.

Looking at a few days off next week now. Really need a break, and keen to tick off a ground or two during the process. Would ideally like one of the 92 and then a non leaguer if poss. Really trying to get Villa/Palace tickets, but its proving a nightmare to do so.

• Options
    Thanks for clarifying BRT.
  • Options

Thanks BRT - very interesting.

I see there is a high level of publicity about the Portsmouth plight on Sky TV this morning - but very little about Cardiff who could be in a similar position.  It all seems skewed towards the PL issue only.  I'm sure Cardiff fans are worried about their club just as much.

• Options

They should have been worried along time ago,when Ridsdale & his Goldfish arrived @ Ninian Park to be precise.

His recent scam with the advance season ticket monies is nothing short of fraudulent.

• Options

Too true...

I'm off to Camberley Town tonight to see Thatcham Youth (and my lad) in the Allied Counties Youth League.  Another new ground although nowhere near as many as DD!

• Options

I feel dirty. I have a confession.
    AFCTU have a lovely posh non-league ground. My wife works for the club sponsors. They have one of the corporate boxes. On Tuesday I sold my terrace soul for a warm meal, some polite talk with the suits, and a seat up in the stand next to the radio commentators. And *cough* I enjoyed it.
    My punishment for this lapse has already been meted out with our lamentable defending which allowed journeyman Luke Beckett to steal through twice and snatch a draw for Gainsboro. Agh.

In terms of the Portsmouth/Cardiff/Southend/Chester City situation, I can tell you -  I've been there when we went bust, with £6 million debts, or so we eventually found out. It was a horrible time. But you do come through it. Although our current season's a bit up & down I dont think I'd swap it for the old days, but I would like a trip to the New Wembley please lads if you ever read this stuff. Last year's FA Trophy semi's were just teasing me, honest.

• Options
    How do you sleep @ night????????
  • Options

In the words of Alan Hansen - "Shocking"

• Options

oooh. sooooo hurtful. I knew you'd understand image

Back on the terraces this week. Beer's down to £2 a pint and there's money off the chips!

• Options

That's more like it Alan.

Froze my bits off at Camberley last night.

The bar area was restricted as they had a bingo night going on!!!

• Options

Hello lads. It's Saturday, so that means FOOOOOOOTBALL!!!!!! Get in there!

Been a long, very tiring half term, so I have a whole week of not being in work- albeit havingto do some stuff from home- but that aside, I am allowed to overdose on football, football, football. Superb!

So, today, we are off to new ground 277 I believe, most likely Holwell Sports near Melton Mowbray in the East Midlands Counties League. Tuesday night is then Coleshill Town, a ground I have tried to get to for years. Not found any others yet for the week, but I will try!

• Options
    Oh, and by the way, dont think I didnt notice that message about sponsors lounge nonsense.....you sell out!
  • Options
    Sam.Sam. ✭✭✭

Have you seen Newcastle Town in the NWCFL? Been watching their progress all season.

Played 27...won 27!

Its a decent standard of football too, so to be romping it the way they are, is nothing less than astonishing.

D.

• Options

love Newcastle Town's ground. Thats the one next to the park and with the cycle track round it, yeh? Good to see them going so well image

I may never really get over the 'corporate box' debacle. My life is scarred. I nearly froze to death on Saturday on the East Terrace, they had run out of pies (or there was only one poor girl serving). We had won 3-0 after just 20 minutes, and so Telford spent the rest of the game trying to get some of the poor Redditch players sent off, and at the same time feigning injury or lack of motivation so that they could get off early. The crowd displayed their usual football goldfish memory and at the end, declared it all to be 'bloody rubbish'. I'm still cold now. Football, eh.

• Options
    Must just post a line to say it's 25 years TODAY - FA Cup 5th Round - Everton v Telford Utd.
    What a great day out that was (..and how old I feel..)image
  • Options
  • Options

blimey. the Unibond League has its own TV channel image

who'd be a steward at that one, eh?

• Options
    Looks like my U12s on a Saturday morning,22 players all within 10 ft of each other image
  • Options

It was mental. That video isnt mine, but I did take some myself, and somehow, in the middle of that utter chaos and not inconsiderable violence, I managed to touch the ball as it was being wrestled for by about a dozen meatheads.

• Options

villa reading.

interesting