Options

Caaamonnn Ref!!

Comments

• Options
    Kewl Nessie :)

I am going to Rugby Park tonight for Scotland B v Finland B.

Chilly.

• Options
    Hey Dude. Who have the Pollok got today?

Today's match is home against Southport. The table below tells you everything you need to know. Bottom four go down.

P Pts
    17 St Albans 30 32
    18 Grays Athletic 29 31
    19 Stafford R 28 31
    20 Halifax 27 30
    21 Altrincham 29 30
    22 Cambridge Utd 31 30
    23 Southport 30 27
    24 Tamworth 27 24
  • Options
    And with today being a draw, the table again now tells you everything you need to know.

Played/ Points
    16 Stafford 29 34
    17 Cambridge Utd 32 33
    18 St Albans 31 33
    19 Northwich 26 32
    20 Grays Athletic 30 31
    21 Halifax 27 30
    22 Altrincham 30 30
    23 Southport 31 28
    24 Tamworth 28 25

We are doomed.

• Options
    I have tracked it down and see yours was also 1-1. Replay back at Pollok sometime soon?
  • Options
    Hi Dandan

Apologies for the non-response. Am now without t'internet connection at home and missed it.

Aye I was working for the 1-1 Scottish Cup draw with Irvine Meadow and so was delighted in a sense. The replay is on Saturday and I will be there with bells on!

:)

Meadow are a league lower than us but have been spending big (they are the Gretna of the juniors) and will bring a big crowd to Newlandsfield.

However, we should take em :)

I saw that your lads managed a point.

It's mental tight at the bottom of your division and it was a shame you could not pick up a win against the second bottom side.

However, it is by no means over.

p.s. someone posted a 'Lok tribute video on YouTuve..

cheesy as hell
  • Options
    Aye, I caught that video last week!

:-D

Well, another weekend is upon us. I can only access the net at weekends really at the mo.

Managed one new ground last week, Hucknall Town, taking my total to 109 I believe, plus also 65 games so far this season, still a month up on last year's perfect 100, but slowing down considerably due to change in job and home etc.

Should hope to get the 100- maybe if I blitz the Easter period again I might get there.

Who have PFC got tomorrow? We are away at dreary Woking. Blurgh.
  • Options
    65! superb going.

It is possible to get that with the juniors here, with all the myriad of cup competitions.

However, with only one or two grounds having floodlights, midweek games are scarce.

What kind of trek is it to Woking?

Big game tomorrow for the 'Lok. It is the Scottish Cup replay from last weekend v Irvine Meadow.

Yeee!

• Options
    A bloody long, awful one!

Especially as both my friends' cars have broken down for the second away match running, meaning we have to go on the supporters coach, an institution we used solidly for several years but have since got heartily sick of.

It'll be a long day.
  • Options
    Nightmare.

That is why I feel the regionalisation of the Scottish Non-League game is sensible.

East, West and North leagues.

• Options
    Aye, its a pain for sure.

Even with the regionalised Conference North and South, some of the places to get to are wide apart.

The worst two must be Kettering, just north of Northampton, up to Barrow, Workington or even now Blythe Spartans, almost in Scotland themselves.

These are similar trips to the ones we face next year assuming we drop down.

Hardly regional!
  • Options
    A 2-0 win away is very very very unexpetced news to report this evening. Just back in, sore as hell from a very long uncomfortable journey, and though realism is still at the forefront of our minds, safety is now a possibility.

15 Forest Green 32-----38
    16 Northwich 27-----35
    17 Cambridge Utd 33-----34
    18 Stafford 30-----34
    19 Halifax 28-----33
    20 St Albans 32-----33
    21 Grays Athletic 31-----31
    22 Southport 32-----31
    23 Altrincham 31-----31
    24 Tamworth 29-----28
  • Options
    Woo what a win for you boys! I let out a yelp when I saw the classified results :)

Worth the trek to Woking then eh?

Great Scottish Cup day at Newlandsfield.

2000+ crowd and a great atmosphere.

Game scrappy but the sort you have to win to take the trophy.

'Lok took the lead with a Downes penalty (Irvine had the defender set off and the keeper booked for dissent.

Then they equalised 25 seconds later!

In the second half the extra man began to tell and space began to open up.

However, in an almost mirror of the first half, Meadow were given a soft penalty which was brilliantly saved.

Moments later, Brian Dingwall cut in off the wing, beat two men and stroked the ball into the net.

2-1! and so it finished.

The mighty 'Lok march into the last eight :)

A great day.

• Options
    DD - I heard Jake Edwards scored. Ex Telford Utd :) Great result for the Lambs.

AFC are on a fortnight's sabbatical due to the lamentable state of Unibond League pitches. Mind you that's really welcome since we're on a real wobble !!
  • Options
    Great result for the dude!

How far can you realistically get in that competition? Is it winnable?

I am very sore after the journey, so ask me tomorrow once I have stretched a wee bit if it was worth it. Just now its fair to say am in quite a lot of discomfort.

The two tables (earlier- later) speak volumes for how important today was though. Oh, and at half time, we were totally utterly adrift. Magic second half and then results were turned around elsewhere.

• Options
    Jake was excellent before. He no longer is.

Sure, he has scored three vital goals since his return, but really, he is not half the player he was. No speed, no awareness, and his classy touch has deserted him.

• Options
    It is a crime that Pollok, as the biggest junior club in the country, has not been past the quarter final of the Scottish Cup for about a decade.

Time for 'lok to get back on the map.

We are the best footballing side left, in my opinion.

Ideal final would be against Linlithgow Rose, a good side and a big club, but I hate 'em :)
  • Options
    *slaps self on wrist*

I am disgusted with myself, mr football-statto supreme, that I know nothing whatsoever about the Rose.

I must spend the whole of the next week thinking of nothing else but football as penance for that!

;o)
  • Options

They have a very nice ground and a good set-up but their fans are such a bitter, joyless bunch.

Maybe because my main side, Tayport, have stuffed them so many times :)
  • Options
    Or maybe its just that they come from Linlithgow?

A right sour-faced bunch, all the ones I have ever met!
  • Options

I actually rather like the place. Especially The Black Bitch!

That's a pub btw :)
  • Options
    We wre cheated last night by the worst sort of ref- a blatantly biased one. Four bookings and a sending off, and only the red card was deserved, but mostly provoked by his inanity.

Lost at our local rivals when it should have been a draw and makes surviving that so much harder now.

Oxford at home on Saturday, our biggest ever league match. In more ways than one too.

67 matches for the season, possibly 68 tonight and a new ground which would make 110 in total. A wee place called Kimberley Town.

Will see how I feel later.
  • Options
    Bummer. Unhappy to hear that the incompetence/arrogance of referees is not limited to Scotia.

Tough break matey.

In other news, the draw for the quarter-finals of the OVD Scottish Junior Cup have been made:

Neilston or Musselburgh Athletic vs Kilwinning Rangers or Camelon, Petershill or Arthurlie vs Tranent Juniors or Yoker Athletic, Lanark United vs Kelty Hearts, Linlithgow Rose vs Pollok

Had to happen!!

• Options
    Saturday back to league matters:

Renfrew away for the 'lok.

Renfrew sit bottom of the table but are a big club with a good support so it is a potential banana skin.

Good chance of league and cup double this season.

here is the current Super League table:

1 Auchinleck Talbot 15 11 1 3 44 19 25 34
    2 Pollok 14 9 3 2 34 19 15 30
    3 Shotts Bon Accord 14 8 3 3 26 21 5 27
    4 Cumnock Juniors 16 8 2 6 37 26 11 26
    5 Arthurlie F.C. 13 7 2 4 22 18 4 23
    6 Glenafton Athletic 14 7 0 7 18 17 1 21
    7 Petershill F & Athletic Club 10 5 1 4 17 18 -1 16
    8 Kilsyth Rangers 14 4 4 6 19 22 -3 16
    9 Neilston Juniors F.C. 13 5 0 8 16 27 -11 15
    10 Maryhill 16 4 1 11 23 36 -13 13
    11 Bellshill Athletic F.C. 13 4 1 8 16 29 -13 13
    12 Renfrew 14 1 2 11 10 30 -20 5
  • Options
    lol

linlithgow! as you say, it just had to happen!
  • Options
    That league table looks healthy too. What price the double?

Right, back to sunny Nottingham and maybe Kimberley Town v Ollerton Town FC at the Stag Ground in the Quartar Catering League Cup
    Round 3 Replay.

How exotic!

Attendance probably 117.

118 if I dont get lost on the way! Have a good week, back in time for the big Oxford preview!
  • Options
    117? 117?

Lol

It was 27 before half time, then 6 more crept in after half time, making 33.

It was a cracker, the underdogs winning 4-1 away from home. Great stuff!

Am going to see Kimberley play a lot in the next few weeks. Its a wee jaunt up there, but not excessive, and they play their home midweek matches on a Wednesday, leaving my Tuesdays free for TFC games.

• Options
    Today though, is Oxford United at home. Our biggest ever league match bar none. Oxford were in the top flight of English football just 20 years back with the likes of John Aldridge popping goals in left right and centre.

Quite astounding hw some clubs have fallen.
  • Options
    haha sounds like you had a great time at Kimberley.

Even St Johnstone get more fans....but not better football I bet :)

Good luck today. Yes the fall of some clubs can be astonishing.

Even Dundee were once near the top of European football, now struggling to survive.

Complacency sets in.

Away game at Renfrew today. Hellish place to go with SEGREGATION!!!!

There is actually a game at Newlandsfield which is Petershill v Arthurlie and should be a better game, but will go to see 'Lok anyway.

Will have to dash away early for the rugger.
  • Options
    We have segragation today. Our away limit is 850 tickets, all of which Oxford snapped up in seconds.

Now, given that they can take anything between 1000 and 2000 fans away from home, and we are only 90 minutes up the motorway, and that we are one of those few clubs that oxford think they will never ever play again and therefore want to see, it is pretty obvious that they will try and bring more than 850.

They will simply come into the home end instead, ridiculing the segragation thing.

This was obvious.

They have even posted on our forum saying as much.

Yet some people are protesting, and undoubtedly they will be 'shocke' when it happens. What they should have done is give oxford an extra allocation of our ground and hired a few more security for the day.

The money that an extra 1000 oxford fans could bring in, well, its the equivalent to an extra match being played, doubling our gate receipts in one fell swoop.

You'd have thought they could have cashed in on it, but oh no!
  • Options
    Sounds like a typically blinkered board decision.

Stupid to be actually turning away fans, or making life difficult.

Not typical or Tamworth necessarily, just clubs in general.

I dislike segregation in general as I like having a craic with the away fans.

The league teams can have their hooligans and segregation.