Options

Caaamonnn Ref!!

Comments

• Options
    Excellent 3 points for the mighty whites yesterday, 28000 there as well, not bad for bottom of the league eh?

6 teams separated by 4 points at the bottom, almost as close at the top, the Championship is now the most exciting league in Britain methinks.

Oh yeah Sunderland take 8000 fans down to Barnsley. Respec'
  • Options
    No game for me this weekend.

It was weird. I'm now in the US with work for a few weeks but thatnkfully I have found a TV channel that will be showing Reading v Portsmouth live on Saturday - magic!

URRZZZZ!

I saw your result on SAturday Dan Dan - what a win!
  • Options
    dan dandan dan ✭✭✭
    Just back from Grays, near Southend.

Long haul midweek. Up in 4 hours for work too! Best go to bed! Nite!

We lost 1-0 too. Not good.
  • Options
    Blinkin' 'eck. That's my home town! I thought no-one knew where it was.

...hang on, you lost? Can I assume you don't support Grays Athletic FC? You lost to a team with a maximum crowd capacity of approximately 400? Ahahahahahaa!
  • Options
    My son and his friend have secured tickets from the FA website for the England U21 match at Wembley next weekend - how cool is that? I am dead jealous...
  • Options
    dan dandan dan ✭✭✭
    Morning footballing people of the world.

Home to Halifax today. A very tough match and we could really use three points, but its unlikely. Need to bounce back from Tuesday rapidly. Thieving Essex Boys stole the points...they are all the same down that neck of the woods.

;o)
  • Options
    dan dandan dan ✭✭✭
    Unlikely but not impossible!

1-0 to the lambs!

Look at this for tight!

13 Forest Green 38 -7 44
    14 Crawley Town 37 1 43
    15 Woking 37 -5 42
    16 Stafford 37 -17 42
    17 Halifax 35 -2 41
    18 Altrincham 37 -12 41
    19 Tamworth 36 -10 40
    20 Cambridge Utd 39 -21 40
    21 Northwich 31 -9 39
    22 Grays Athletic 35 2 38
    23 St Albans 38 -22 35
    24 Southport 38 -19 33
  • Options
    dan dandan dan ✭✭✭
    75 matches seen this season so far, aiming for the 100, and so am planning the militarily-precise tactics required to achieve that!
  • Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    [stomps into thread and kicks table]

What a dismal display on Saturday.

}:o(
  • Options
    What a healthy looking table dan dan!

Or at least a HEALTHIER looking table. Brilliant.

Nessie - just that time of the season. Lot of nothing games sadly.

Good away win for Lok, 2-0 on a miserable afternoon in Cumnock (3rd placed side).

Could have gone either way and Cumnock were unlucky with two red cards, which were harsh.

However, take the three points.

We still look blunt up front, though.
  • Options
    Nessie - if you're not going to make the most of Markus scoring, can we have him back at Central Park please? :)
  • Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    When/if we get a decent striker..... ;o) Have you anyone you'd be willing to swap?

Dargo came on as a sub on Saturday, but isn't match fit yet - and he's off at the end of the season anyway. Wyness looks like he'll be out for the duration, and he lacks speed. McAllister would be better if he'd remove his head from his @rse and McSwegan is getting on a bit.

Sad when 2 of your midfielders are your best chance of a goal.......

• Options
    We've got Liam Buchannan who no doubt will be snapped up soon enough unfortunately, such is the world of 2nd/3rd division footy, which is why Mr Patelainnen (sp) left us.

We've got a very young side, Saturday's average age was under 22 but when they make a name for themselves they go to pastures new and while there's no way we can offer them a chance of higher level football it will stop us keeping them and making that higher level, vicious circle, boo :0(
  • Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    True Symes, true. We've lost a few that way too. We pay the lowest wages in the SPL, so the better players tend to move on. I suspect Markus will end up getting offers from the richer clubs if he keeps playing the way he has been.

Keep the faith though - it's not that long since Caley came into Div 3.
  • Options
    I watched our tame 0-0 draw with Pompey. It was live on TV in the States but not the same as being there, a friend has my seat for the next few weeks :-(
  • Options
    dan dandan dan ✭✭✭
    0-0 for me last night too. Its tight down the bottom, and feasible that Halifax and Cambridge will both be relegated out of the Conference, which is pretty surreal to see happening.
  • Options
    Still yet another point dan dan

well done :)

I am off to Prague tomorra but, thankfully, Pollok are only playing a friendly fixture at 11.30am in advance of the Scotland game at 3.

Hope I can find a pub to watch it in.

Scotland, not Pollok :)
  • Options
    I have booked a flight out of Cardiff on May 21st on the assumption that United get to the champions league final.
    If we don't ,well I am going to have a couple of days in Athens sampling the local delights & as long as another I English club don't make the final i will try & obtain a ticket for what should be a fairly entertaining match anyhow.
  • Options
    dan dandan dan ✭✭✭
    Pollok are playing Dukhla Prague?
  • Options
    dan dandan dan ✭✭✭
    Pollok are playing Dukhla Prague?
  • Options
    Hello, can I join in on this thread please?

I'm a football fan without my team to watch this weekend, and actually every weekend in March except for 1 solitary game.

• Options
    dan dandan dan ✭✭✭
    You can only join in if you bare your soul and confess to which team that might be!

Its either one of the biggies or someone like Chester or Shrewsbury or Chesterfield, who seem to have every match of theirs put back/forwards to a Friday/Sunday/Wednesday night.
  • Options
    It's Everton. For their and my sins. Season ticket holder on and off since the 80s. Go to a lot of aways too.

And live in Bristol at the moment. I'm a lunatic I know.

Am so glad that Sky haven't yet decided to put our games on a Friday, they seem to have tried every other night/time of day.

I see you're a Tamworth fan first and foremost, plus Aberdeen and Villa (who we've got a week on Monday - I'll be there). How's your season going so far?
  • Options
    dan dandan dan ✭✭✭
    I'll be there too!

:-D

*waves hi*

Tamworth: dire, with a final hint of hope and slavation maybe.

Villa: started like a bull at a gate, and then died desperately ever since.

The Dons: Best season in 15 years or so.

Mixed fortunes, you could say!
  • Options
    Oooh, I promise I won't sing Anti Villa songs then.

To be brutally honest I hope we batter you (Villa). If nothing else then to get some revenge for Boxing Day last season.

Hope Tamworth get the salvation, and Aberdeen carry on doing well too. What do you reckon to O'Neill so far?

We've had a mixed season but 1 point off 5th now and Fernandes looks superb.
  • Options
    dan dandan dan ✭✭✭
    All being well, tomorrow is ground 113 for me, plus game 77 of the season so far. The 100 is worrying me, as games are getting squished up and eventually will dry out. I'll do my best though!

• Options
    dan dandan dan ✭✭✭
    O'Neill has a great record. He inherited a club that was in a pretty poor state, so its hard to judge him yet.

Gve him a year more and then we will see what he buys and how he wheels and deals.
  • Options
    Much the same as when Moyes took over. He inherited a squad full of 'big names' but all of them over the hill or too full of themselves to demean themselves to listening to the 'young manager'.

5 years last weekend which is great really in this day and age and given that we've not had any silverware.

Got mixed feelings with O'Neill but there's a bit of a dearth of British managerial talent with fresh ideas so from that point of view hope he does well.

• Options
    dan dandan dan ✭✭✭
    You seem to be getting back to where you should be, which is good to see. Not done Goodison, must do it just as soon as I can. Likewise the Bristol clubs, not done them, but may well be with the Roivers fans down at the Millenium Stadium, for the Very-Long-and-convolutedly-named-Trophy Final, all being well.

Weymouth tomorrow, 6.15 am start, so must dash off to bed now.

Hope Saturday is good to us all!

TTFN.
  • Options
    Hope so. Have a good time tomorrow and I hope they win for you.

You'll have to do Goodison definitely. It's tremendous.

Goodnight.