Options

Berlin Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options

Thanks Orbutt.

I fear that doesn't seem to be the issue - nowt else stored on my Garmin. Now it's gone a bit crazy - all the symbols are flashing and there's a big black square in the middle of the screen. Oy. Technology.

I guess I'm going to have to get in touch with the Garmin chaps.

Perfect timing. Ha.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    CiaranG wrote (see)

i have the marathon and a new job to look forward to!

Well done on the new job! image

Iain Moore 2 wrote (see)

I have a Garmin question please.

My Forerunner 210 has stopped working. It tells me 'Memory Full' all the time and although it finds satellites, it won't even start saving my run.

I've been deleting my activities as the memory was nearly full last month. 

Could I have deleted the memory too??

Thanks for any advice. (I can't afford a new one!)

I was going to suggest the same as Orbutt. Also consider doing a hard reset on the device and see if that helps.

• Options

Emmy - any tips how to do that?

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
  • Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

getting exciting now - got my invitation email image

Bib number 19500

• Options

Good number, Orbutt!

I believe we have been sent what the Parisiens term, the 'convocation.'

Number 18936 here. 

Guess that means I'm really going to have to run...

• Options
    EHNEHN ✭✭✭

F6024 reporting in!!

• Options

Does F mean 'Fast' ?!

• Options
    EHNEHN ✭✭✭

ha ha well they are in for a suprise....thank goodness they didn't add V aswellimage

• Options

I got this and my conditional job offer letter on the same day! This is turning out to be a lovely week image

• Options

20232 here

I´m going to introduce myself after some time only reading ...and learning

male , 39 ,  about 2 years running  , Berlin will be my second marathon (4.01.26 personal best last November in San Sebastián) , 1.35 in half marathon .

My goal something between 3.30 and 3.40  , not sure if reachable ...

lots of doubts and a lot of questions to do because Berlin will be my first big race ...

with my number , i guess there will be 20000 people before me , is it posible to start running at a good pace with so many people ? can you start in a better place if you arrive soon the day´s race?

By the way , i´m spanish .

Thank you ...

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Ola Imanol image

You are quite speedy and I do hear that Berlin is a course for PBs, so go for it.

I'm not sure Howe the starting pens go in Berlin but I think it is based on your previous time, rather than just your number. My number is lower than yours but my time is slower. I would have thought that you would be in a pen in front of me.

i don't think that you can change pens but if you get into your pen early enough you can get to the front of that.

I've not run Berlin before, only Paris, but you'll be surprised at how soon people spread out so that you can run at your chosen pace.

Ciaran - they salug pod news comes in threes, you've got something else heading your way image

• Options

Ohhhh that annoys me when they split the numbering by sex.

• Options
    Sticky88Sticky88 ✭✭✭
    Orbutt wrote (see)

My number is lower than yours but my time is slower.  

I just discovered that the numbers appear to be in some sort of alphabetical order of the surnames!

• Options

28524 checking in, no turning back now

• Options

Just joining in the chat as we're getting close now.. 16 miles done today.. Did Berlin last year awesome event!! Hope to meet up in the pub this year missed all you guys last time round!!!

• Options

Dawsey, sounds good!

I'm run/walking. Aiming sub-5 I think!

However, I LOVE Berlin! Fab town, fab marathon, great atmosphere.

Welcome all thread newbies!

Iain

• Options
    andyc209andyc209 ✭✭✭

I have a low number 6935 so I do think its alphabetical. In block D which seems a lot further back than last year was hoping for a front pen for a good clear charge away at the start. Have they posted the pen information map yet

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Hi all,

You're correct. The start pens are based on your previous PB or expected time so if you're a speed demon -you'll be at the front. It'll be congested for the first few miles but should spread out quite nicely image

Welcome to the thread newbies! Pull up a chair and tell us about yourself, hows your training been going etc.

I got my confirmation email.. it's oh so slightly real!

• Options
    JohnasJohnas ✭✭✭

i've never heard of anyone complaining about the congestion at Berlin and in my own experience, it's because the roads are so damn wide! And that's the case for the whole 26 miles. Definitely a contributing factor to making it a PB course along with the flat terrain

/members/images/496080/Gallery/berlin-marathon.jpg

• Options

I'm sooooooo excited.............

Training could be better but hoping it will all start coming together soon. Got one more LSR next weekend(I only do them every 2 weeks due to other commitments) and then taper. image

Junior keeps asking everyday if we have confirmation of her entry for the mini marathon yet! Don't know whos worse!! image

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Andy - how can you tell which block you're in?

• Options

No. 5992.  Due to my 3:15:08 at Abingdon last year think I'll be in pen E looking at the info from the website.  10 miles steady for me yesterday, really good running conditions.  Off work tomorrow so planning a long one.

• Options

You can tell which block your in from the time you put on your application.. On the Berlin marathon website theirs information about start pens..

• Options
    EHNEHN ✭✭✭

Thanks Dawsey just found the little booklet you can download...I'm going in H image(even if they have given me G)

• Options

Another new poster to the thread (but I've been reading it since signing up for Berlin!).

Noticed in the booklet that there is no 4:00 pacer - I presume this is a typo...?

Slightly disappointed that as this is my first ever marathon that I'm in 'H' but not the end of the world as I'm only aiming for sub-4. Really looking forward to it now, esp. with a 20 miler under my belt last week.

Have found the thread really useful so far so thanks to everyone who's been posting!

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

I've emailed the organisers asking what is the process for changing pens (I was in H and want to move up to G based upon my last PB) so i'll post what they say here.

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Aha - I hadn't spotted the booklet. Thanks.

I'll be in H then. image

• Options
    The MonkThe Monk ✭✭✭

16617 reporting for duty!

Great photo Johnas, well excited now!