Options

Snowdonia marathon 2013

Comments

• Options
    panadpanad ✭✭✭
    Well done Brer image
  • Options
    pinkbugpinkbug ✭✭✭

I got my PB at Abingdon last year (3:30), was aiming for about 4 hours today and came in at 3:52. don't know where that leaves me time wise for SNODimage

• Options

Well done Brer image
    and good to see you didn't regret stopping for that guy.
    Some things are still more important than the time at the finish line.

Pinkbug - you will be ahead of meimage Well doneimage

• Options
    Good evening all, long time since I posted. Read back a bit and it's all getting excited!! As you probably all know, won't be participating this year but hopefully will be running a few good miles around my Cafe. Please pop in for a coffee or tea, I will have fresh flapjacks (JB's favourite) and plenty of stuff for you to fuel or refuel.

SS
  • Options

FR - is that 'Can't Be Arsed'!? lol. indeed a big difference.

TRex - Just sent you a message re accommodation image looks like we are bunking up!

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

5 days to recover ...I'll stick you in the 4:00 group, pinkbug.

Lesson from brer - ignore your gut feelings!!  Great job at Abingdon.  Sorry not to be with you all.  News on car hopefully tomorrow but I'm not optimistic.

UD Stu - is that safe?  I'll look at your message.

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

OK Snail, wasn't sure what you were doing.  Must look in to see you at some point over the w/e.  Where's your cafe again?

brer - I'll give you your pep talk this Saturday, if you like.  You're more diminutive than I expected.  Are you sure you're not a hobbit?

Sorry about your injury, jason.  Some sort of tear?  Came at a bad time for you and hope you can make it, but if not we'll understand.

Stu - just replied. 

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Stu - just replied.

• Options
    T Rex. It's opposite Padarn Lake Hotel, adjacent to the New Joe Brown Shop. Look forward to seeing you.
  • Options
    pinkbugpinkbug ✭✭✭

T Rex-that might be a bit optimisticimage

• Options

What a shame the race was not today, I was marshalling for the British Relay Fell Running Championships, that we're held in and around Moel Elio and Bwlch Y Groes Quarry.

From 9 am until just gone four, the rain was incredibly heavy but intermittent, with temperatures ranging from 14 in Llanberis to 5 on Moel Elio itself, with two experienced runners experiencing mild hyperthermia, and needing rescue.

The rest of the week looks unsettled, and Friday looks pretty wet.

There is no sign of any high pressure for the rest of the week, with various lows, coming off the Atlantic.

With luck,the temperature might dip into single figures by Saturday, combined with some rain or persistent rain, leading to snow on high ground, which we have not had for a few years.

Whatever Saturday brings, the weather looks pretty unsettled all week.

Just the way I like it.

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

PJL - in your posts you're portraying the Snowdonia atmosphere very well.  I feel cold and wet already.

pinkbug - nah. 3:30 PB in last 12 months? 3:52 probably holding something back today?  4:00 is possible. 4:05 is my final offer.

Thanks, Snail.  You'd better tell us your opening hours, now!  Are you one of these continental sort of cafes staying open until about 4.0 a.m.?

• Options
    pinkbugpinkbug ✭✭✭

DOH! I was just going for a social and a scoff on the way roundimage

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

No, that's afterwards ...

• Options
    T Rex. Unfortunately not, as we haven't yet got an alcohol licence. We are open 10 till 8 on Friday and 9 till 7ish Saturday night.

SS
  • Options

Ok, outfit sorted, am running in a nurse uniform so please give me a shout! 

i got an email detailing gels, water and iso drink but nothing about any other fuel. Are there any sweets on offer on route?? 

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Nurse uniform?  That's unexpected.

There may be some hardy locals dispensing sweets.

• Options
    ChimneyChimney ✭✭✭

Morning all,

feeling a tad beaten up this morning, getting down stairs was no fun! 

SS, I'm staying at Padarn Lake and taking a leisurely drive over Friday. I'll pop in, say hello and have a cup of tea & cake in the afternoon.

There are times when it's hard to figure out who the actual person is behind the post. Think Camlo might be easy to tell apart though image

Trying to think how to pace 4:30, 2 hour / 2.5 hour splits on the half's? 1:50 / 2:40? Trying to take overall lack of fitness, and aged body into account for the second half.

on my three previous attempts I've got halfway in 1:50 in all three. Finishing times have been 4:17, 3:47, and 4:17. The difference being that the second year I trained specifically for and to peak at SNOD, the other two had mitigating, I'm just here for fun, factors.

If reality matched intention I'd know I was dreaming
  • Options

SS's homemade flap jack - the ultimate in post race fuelling!! Best coffee in the area, plus would recommend the home made lobscouse!!

Another wet day in Snowdonia today - the old Nantgwynant road track just after mile 6 could be interesting come Saturday!?

• Options
    ChimneyChimney ✭✭✭

John, are we talking flippers rather than trainers?

• Options

lol EC, not quite that bad although a lot of surface water on the road up from Nant Peris. I certainly wouldn't want to go down the Nantgwynant track in flippers - I wince when I think about that chap who ran the race barefoot a couple of years!!

Just been told that the numbers have been allocated (up on Facebook) - I was a bit nervous that I might have been given a top 10 number which I didn't want given the year I've had running wise - didn't want any pressure at all this time - thankfully not the case and number 605 for me! 

• Options

Blimey, if this bit of seasonal fine weather continues, this years race might be a triathlon, with the option of taking a mountain bike down that silly miners track from Pen Y Gwyrydd.

Incredibly itense rain, this morning for around half an hour, in Eglwysbach outside Conwy, the drains in the village were unable to cope, but thankfully no flooding.

We would have been drowned in Bryn Gwynant, if we had the same intensity on Saturday morning.

Perfect race conditions - BRING IT ON 

• Options

585 for me ... image

• Options

12° High, Scattered Showers, Chance of Rain-40%,Wind-WSW at 14 mph

• Options
    jenfjenf ✭✭✭

my app says raining every day...apart from saturday image 

I'm 2155, bringing up the rear image

• Options

Some of the weather sites are actually forecasting some sunshine on Saturday image...that could all change ...Unsure of my race number as I share the same name as another runner ...

• Options
    panadpanad ✭✭✭
    #545 for Mr panad

#2140 for me.......

not sunk in that the race is now *this* week....
  • Options
    ChimneyChimney ✭✭✭

1661 for me.

Five more sleeps.......