Options

NOTTINGHAM MARATHON/EARPHONES

1234568»

Comments

• Options

I have it on very good authority that 'Very sure on a road marathon they wouldn't' headphones are NOT covered on road marathons - interesting. Disturbing in a way.

• Options

Any chance of that in English ? 

• Options
    MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    Why is it "disturbing"? It's a running race not a pop concert.
  • Options

But Terry might not like pop, he might have opera on his headphones.

( you know, it's not over til the fat lady sings etc ) 

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Headphones are sort of amusing in a way. While running along public footpaths in the woods nearby, I occasionally have cause to pass these 'in a world of their owns' from behind.

Is it my fault they damn near shit themselves as I pass?

🙂

• Options

FFS - headphones. Wear them, don't wear them, who cares?

When running on your own, do what you want. But common sense will tell you that there are times when this might not be wise or perhaps the music should be paused?

In a race, if headphones aren't allowed, then it's up to you whether you do or don't. You won't spontaneously combust or be struck down from the heavens for such a heinious crime, but if you do cause an incident and someone complains, then you were breaking the rules, so accept it, and don't moan about it. The reality is that lots of people wear headphone in races (whether it's allowed or not) and it just isn't the problem some people seem to make it out to be.

Either way, it's not that big a deal, is it?

• Options
    11 pages of debate would suggest otherwise.
  • Options

If people break the rule that says "no headphones during the race", does that mean I can break the rule that says "no punching people in the back of the head"?

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

More to the point, if Terry is so hell bent on breaking the rules because he regards his judgement to be of a higher order. What other rules and laws is he dispensing with?

🙂

• Options

well, what an exciting debate this turned into.

Yet again this year earphones are not allowed.

Is this going to be a big marathon? I see in the FAQ they are advertising entertainment; cheerleaders, bands and cheering points.It's going to be crowdy isn't it? The Nottingham 10k was crowdy.

• Options

An the bizarre nature of the organisers mindset gets more bizarre.  Head phones = lack of aural awareness, so danger, as runners will not hear.  Cheerleaders, bands and cheering points = lack of aural awareness, so danger, as runners will not clearly hear. Thank you Nottingham for clearly showing what a stupid rule it is.

• Options
    Tim R2-T2Tim R2-T2 ✭✭✭
    I ran it last year. The half is on closed roads. The full isn't.