Options

Paris Marathon 2016

Comments

• Options

Meadower, AndyW and anyone else. I'll be floating around Newcastle expo on Saturday watching the city games if you want to go for a quick drink / bite in the arvo. I will try to assemble with the legend that is Weedy Gonzales before my long journey North to meet OO-52.

Andy - know what you mean about the "holiday weight gain" -I suffered after two weeks low mileage, eating what I liked and drinking lots of beer every day. A few weeks of the long stuff and tighter control on the naughty foods/drink, and things should revert to "normal"

Meadower, make sure you take care of yourself in the weeks leading up to Berlin. You're 3 weeks out - you know your own body. It's the big one! image

My plan is to run GNR like a mid long session with the bulk of it at LT. I'm skipping all pacey work for the next 10 days (apart from Sunday obvs)

• Options

Born2run4 - difficult to say really. Don't forget 8am, French time. 7am UK time. 

It won't sell out on the day, it doesn't usually sell out until late October early November so no need to panic. However, if you are in the queue, don't get impatient it can sometimes be very slow. 

I'm not sure about Eurostar prices but they don't go up specifically on marathon weekend. 

What days are you travelling? don't forget, Sunday night is the thread pi55 up. 

• Options

Cheapest Eurostar tickets are usually about £35 each way, although you need to get in quick after they go on sale to get that price. You can generally get ones for about £50-£60 for a while.

• Options

Anybody else queuing to get to the payment page? Been stuck there 25 minutes already wondered how much longer I should expect to wait.image

• Options

Finally paid just before eight. It may be a long process but its still not as long a wait as London to secure a place. Off to find  a training plan!image

• Options

Ohhh there's going to be some new people popping in to the thread soon if entries have re-opened!! Feel free to tell me your race number and the colour of the pen and I shall add you to our already rather large list!!

PARIS 2016 list

Preferential pen (speed of light):
    510 – The Jimbob

Red pen (3hr):
    3575 – Sunnysider Phil
    4465 – Heroine in a Half Shell
    4513 – Mr HIAHS

Yellow pen (3:15):
    9290 – Andy-W
    9090 – Steve Duffy 2

Blue Pen (3:30):
    16621 – Nodster
    18256 – LloydR
    ??????? - Kenno

Purple pen (3:45):
    29410 – Orbutt
    29546 – ThisIsNatty
    29611 – E mmy
    29639 – PC
    29707 – Onetit
    30515 – Mattleydon
    30667 – Pistol101
    30776 - Whiskybob
    31858 – KeyserSuze
    43575 – NGUG

Green pen (4hr):
    44484 - AspirantRunner
    45575 – Magna Carter

Grey pen (4:15):
    57428 – Nells
    57140 - HeatherS
    58736 – Mr KeyserSuze
    65540 – Betzza
    66499 – Loulou

Pink pen (4:30+):
    65227 – Penny71
    67176 - Loubella
    67288 – Karen Bowman 2
    ???? –
    RunClaire
    ?????? -  Wendy Dibble

Unknown pen/number:

LeggyMountbatten
    Lisa123
    Orapidrun (hurry up and enter!!)
    Pottermoss
    Stuchbury
    Penny71
    Douglas

• Options
    The Jimbob wrote (see)

Meadower, AndyW and anyone else. I'll be floating around Newcastle expo on Saturday watching the city games if you want to go for a quick drink / bite in the arvo. I will try to assemble with the legend that is Weedy Gonzales before my long journey North to meet OO-52.

Meadower, make sure you take care of yourself in the weeks leading up to Berlin. You're 3 weeks out - you know your own body. It's the big one! image

My plan is to run GNR like a mid long session with the bulk of it at LT. I'm skipping all pacey work for the next 10 days (apart from Sunday obvs)

Cheers Jimbob.  I'm doing my bit, I promise!  I've got the email with our 'start card' today, so it's beginning to feel real.

I'd be up for a spot of munch/a drink/football through the day, a good way to while away the hours.

• Options

My first post on RW and my first full marathon. After successfully completing 5 half marathons I finally feel like I can take on the challenge of going twice the distance. I finally built up the courage to sign up this past weekend and my entry went in this morning. My half record is 1.50 so 4hr is optimistic but I am going to put plenty of hours in between now and then to make it a reality.

• Options

reflekting - You've picked a great marathon to do as your first. First marathon is a learning experience. You'll get plenty of help and advice from the folks here is you need it.

• Options

Thanks - eggyh73 without wanting to read back through the thread does anybody know a good training plan I could use for building up to it. I can run a half comfortably in 1.55 now and run 2 x per week whilst cross training on 3 other nights per week. I plan on switching up one of the cross training sessions to a run and go from there. I'm guessing I shouldn't worry too much about timescale at the moment, as long as I'm getting there or thereabouts by February.

• Options

Hi reflecting image 

Post your bib number and pen and the list fairy will add you in. 

• Options

48297 - 4 hr category image

• Options

Ohhh, this is soo tempting.....

• Options
    Don't be shy Danni ....... image
  • Options

Dannirr... Come to Paris! 

HIAHS I'm in blue with Kenno but not sure on bib numbers.

• Options

deputy list fairy, I'm dong the 'Dam too. also, if you see this in time, the Dunstable Downs Challenge MarThon this Sunday and London next year. And Cakeathon on 30th January which is also my birthday!

news flash... Kenno is out for a run and has text that the new way of strapping the KT tape is 'working wonders'. Hallelujah... he has been finding it tough of late. First 20 miler ever under his belt at the weekend, very proud were the mini Stuchs.

• Options

Stuchbury, good for  Kenno. 

Dannirr - you know you want to image

• Options
    Stuchs you should have your "nombre de dossard" on your acceptance emails for you both......
  • Options
    Hi all I have just signed up for the Paris marathon ???? I ran my first half marathon on Sunday and loved every second! Would love to get tips, help, support for running a marathon
  • Options

Hello, I'm a newbie novice runner. Signed up today for Paris. 

• Options

Hi Littlelau1 and Julie-Marie, welcome to the thread. 

Pull up a chair and tell us a bit about yourselves and post your bibs and pens for the list fairy  

Loads of tips to be found here, in fact have a look at the first two posts as a starting point - they are some of the collected wisdom of people who have done Paris several times. 

Don't hesitate to ask questions, you'll always get an answer. 

• Options

Last time I ran Paris was in 2013. Always said I would go back and as next year is the 40th year of the event I thought I would have another go.

Blue pen. Race number 21484.

Little matter of running Chicago to get out of the way first though ....

• Options

Hi Orbutt, thank you for the warm welcome.

i have a lot to learn as my only experience is running around the park. But I need a project so this is it. I'm going to check out the first posts and find the bib and pen. I will probably be back with a mountain of questions.

• Options

Welcome to the Julie-Marie and LittleLau1 and the returning Carl D. image

reflekting - For training plans I'd look at see what looks good to you and what you will be able to fit in training wise. I know some have used the runners world plans in the past, and the Hal Hidgon plans are popular with people stepping to the marathon distance. The P&D schedules are popular with those really wanting to push themselves, but personally I think the P&D plans might be too much for most on their first marathon,

I'm not much use on plans as I devised my own and have adjusted it over the years.

Danni - It would be great to see you in Paris again. If you're running I'm 100% there.

• Options

Morning image

Reflekting - if you're running and cross training at the moment then it sounds like the FIRST plan might work for you.  3 runs a week (one intervals, one tempo, one long) and two cross training sessions.  I started training this way last year as I was finding the mileage too high for my old, knackered joints on some other plans.  It's not easy - the mileage isn't high and the runs are....quite challenging....but it has worked for me so far.  A good introduction to it is "Run Less Run Faster"

• Options

Hello to all the new people. Paris is a great marathon and there's a wealth of experience here - some of us have been doing it for years. It's hard to beat the start, with tens of thousands of nervous sweaty runners lined up on the Champs Elysées.

You've got plenty of time to step up to marathon distance. At this stage I'd concentrate on increasing time on your feet, gradually increasing your long run. Look around to find a plan that suits you, then the main training usually starts around December.

• Options
    kennokenno ✭✭✭

Is it acceptable ask about advice toilet breaks while out running on here? (How to avoid them) image

• Options
    kennokenno ✭✭✭

KT tape is fabulous stuff - plus you can make your legs look like a power ranger!

• Options

I hope you are using the coloured tape kenno.... The colour of the power ranger is important........... Seriously I'm so please de it's working.

i have my bib number 68001

welcome to the new people.... I am a novice runner and the advice on here has made me believe it's possible to get round 26.2 miles ........and then make it to the pub!!