Options

Overdone it?

Comments

• Options
    I have all my notifications turned off (except private messages) so I wouldn't know. The only ones I get are when I get promoted to level 3, as that is not available to turn off.
  • Options
    I have all my notifications turned off so wouldn't know either - I also do get told every day that I have  attained super star status been promoted to level 3 but the massive adrenaline rush this caused initially is starting to wane.
  • Options
    Oh a name droppers badge you say ? @mace new series of Catastrophe starts at 10pm tonight :smiley:

• Options

Oh a name droppers badge you say ? @mace new series of Catastrophe starts at 10pm tonight :smiley:

@muddyfunster - I though it was mildly disappointing, hope it picks up though the series.
  • Options
    McFloozeMcFlooze ✭✭✭
    DT - I got back from France Sun night, saw GP Monday morning (you have to ring up on stroke of 8am for any chance of a same day appt) and they referred me to fracture clinic urgently. They called in the afternoon and offered me an appt for Tues am. Pretty decent! I think having three young children who you can't physically get to school without calling in favours makes them keen to fix you Asap. Also some repairs are time sensitive so they need to check it out quickly. I think the actual surgery will be a much longer wait! 
  • Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭
    So, the low point of the day so far for me was some surprise acupuncture. 'Your calves might be a bit tender,' he said, as I got ready to leave. 'You know, I think you didn't actually have to tell me that because I have NOTICED,' I replied. Ouch. At least I am now not required to massage my calves with the dodgy-looking massage stick until Friday.
  • Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

Yes, same here, if you are not on repeat dial in the moments leading to 8.30 you have no chance. Decent turnaround though. I used to find it was much easier to get in with the out of hours GP however they have changed that now and also make you wait in the a and e waiting room which is an awful place to spend time.

I quite like the acupuncture, though some places hurt more than others, such as the hip.

I saw physio last night. He did some general straightening up and some quite intense stretching of my hamstrings and told me I really need to keep doing that. He also did some work on my rather tight left foot and that is quite sore today now. Therefore I swapped tomorrow's spin to today and will do a treadmill session tomorrow.

Conditions Sunday are currently forecast pretty perfect. However, my wife has suddenly been hit with a heavy cold. She seems to get colds that come on really quickly and heavy and then disappear after 2 days, where as when I get them they are at best average but just linger for weeks. Having only just recovered from 4 weeks of cold induced symptoms post op, an actual cold is the last thing I need now.

• Options
    Mr VMr V ✭✭✭
    DT19 said:

Bob and Mr V have still not been able to bring themselves to look at the new forum. I notice Bob has stopped posting runs on connect so wonder if he has fallen off the wagon.

Tommy, as our official go between with Bob, any news?

DT, I wouldn't want you worrying about me so here I am  :)

Just busy, busy, busy at the moment and not much of interest to report running wise anyway! I am keeping half an eye on the thread though.
  • Options

I felt the endurance starting to seep into my legs this morning and managed 21 miles at close on 7 min/mile pace.

I didn't comment on this at the time but did notice it - that's quite a long run! 21 miles at just over 3 hour marathon pace. Ooof!

Hi Mr V

I did 12 at lunch at 7:55 pace. I would hesitatingly suggest that my marathon training is not going very well. I don't seem to have any bounce or energy even following 2 weeks of low mileage which has surprised me - I thought I'd be in prime condition to push on now.

Anyhow I have decided to race a hilly and scenic Half Marathon (Haweswater) on Sunday to try and get at least a better gauge of what might happen when I need to raise the gears out of plod mode.
  • Options
    That half looks stunning, and not too hilly. Last 10k looks pretty enjoyable!
  • Options
    Skinny Fetish FanSkinny Fetish Fan ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    http://www.raceroutes.co.uk/route/84/98/haweswater-half-marathon

I would say last 5 miles based on the attachment. Mile 8 doesn't look like a fast one to me.

In hilliness it looks just slightly hillier than Cumbrian Run although no real flat bits so overall gain/descent will be more.
  • Options
    ok, last 5 miles!
  • Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭
    Ooh, that looks gorgeous and you get a free flapjack!

Meanwhile I have permission from my physio to do Paris half at 3-hour marathon pace on Sunday, which is better than nothing, even though I don't normally approve of doing half-marathons at MP.
  • Options
    Cheers Skinny. It wasn't too bad in recovery terms so pleased it's starting to come back to me and not haunting me for a couple of days. Bit of a session yesterday with 4 miles early doors, then later 5 at half effort in dark with pouring down rain coming out at 6 min/mile, with another 5 to cool down.

That half does looks good. I am booked in for Warwick half for a long run marathon pace session too but remains to be seen whether I'll be up for that.

Rich - Well it made me laugh a lot, but guess you have to have been there !
  • Options
    Rich Clark2Rich Clark2 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

The first two series were excellent. As a writing/acting pair I really rate them. They also come across great in interviews. Last night was just missing something. Can't put my finger on it though.

Goodish news Lit, even if it'll take you slightly longer than usual to get to the le pub for post race drinks.

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭
    Let's hope I can actually manage that pace, too, after 3 weeks off!
  • Options
    Well it'll be to heart rate for me, but been having trouble getting it up through this high mileage phase. Yes, I see what I did there.

Enjoyed this article

https://dumbrunner.com/gear-news/2017/2/24/a-runners-guide-to-running-socks-for-runners
  • Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭
    Although... what with the recent injury and all that, I was persuaded to both purchase and wear some stylish compression socks. They look amazing.
  • Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭
    Oh, go on then. The yellow ones are particularly sexy.

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭
    Blimey, that's massive!
  • Options
    muddyfunstermuddyfunster ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Yep, they'd look great on me :smile: I do struggle to believe the effect is anything other than aesthetic though.
  • Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

I leave the thread for a day or so, and Lit's posting photos in her panties!

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭
    Can't believe SG is disparaging my perfectly acceptable shorts when there is an opportunity to take the piss out of my ludicrous yellow socks.  :|
  • Options
    What the hell have you got on your head?
  • Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭
    Piss off Lou, that's a buff; it's cold in Scotland.
  • Options
    Haha - I thought it looked quite big on my phone but on the laptop it's huge!

Is that a photo while you were mid packing for Paris?

I hardly dare ask what the thing lying on the bed plugged in to the wall is? Perhaps DT will be able to advise.

• Options
    Haha - I thought it looked quite big on my phone but on the laptop it's huge!

I think it's virtually to scale on my work monitor :D
  • Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭
    You're filthy, Skinny. That is a HAIRDRYER. And no, I am, erm, just packing for Paris now; don't need to leave for the train till 10:30! I was taking the picture when just off out for my 2nd bouncy run, in order to show the friend who made me buy the compression socks exactly how stupid they looked.
  • Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    Lit, in fairness the cracking pins and short shorts stood out. But i do realise now the ridiculous compression socks (are any not ridiculous?), silly pirate hat, horrific mismash of colours all in were also valid points of critique.

I'm slightly alarmed with my new club's "vest". Firsly it seems to come outlarger than all my previous medium vests, then it feels like heavier material, wicking stuff, and there are no gaps near the top like most vests have, meaning it feels too heavy on initial thoughts!