Options

The Thousand Mile Club - 2018

Comments

• Options
    Just needing to add a comment so I can start a thread!
  • Options
  • Options
    AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭
    7 mile long run for me today in very pleasant autumn sun! 680 YTD 
  • Options
    MrM2 nope not feeling ready for Nepal! But does one ever feel ready! Struggling to get long runs in, 37 degrees today.

Ran 13.1 miles this morning in loops by my villa. My wife's in Ireland and can't venture too far from the kids, good mental training though!

YTD 1443.85 miles

• Options
    4.2 miles in deep sand and 36 degrees = dripping in sweat

YTD 1448.05 miles

• Options
    AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭

Sounds tough work Dubai!

3 miles for me this morning in about 4 degrees!

683 YTD

• Options
    Just got back from Toronto, too tired from the plane trip to deall with 500 plus emails but this Forum is the first priority.
    Wel done to those who completed their races as best they could and congrats to the PB's and landmark miles.
    Last year the temperature at Toronto was in mid-20's - on Sunday it was closer to zero with a 20 mph wind from the lake to cool you down a bit more.
    Was 5:10 Pace Bunny - did 5:09:13
    Will add up the additional mileage while thee but defo over 2100
  • Options
    Well done Harmander, perfect pacing.

24.10 am 5.92 miles
              pm 11.1 miles

YTD 1465.07 miles
  • Options
    AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭
    Welcome back from your travels Harmander. Glad you hear you prioritise us over your emails!

5.5 miles for me this evening, with 3.5 at tempo (7.09mm pace).

688.5 YTD 
  • Options

Well done Harmander, nice pacing.

A couple of easy ish 6 milers this week as some sort of taper for Snowdonia Marathon on Saturday...forecast looks fresh so will be very much ready for a couple of nice cups of tea at the finish.

1220 miles YTD  

• Options
    Good luck for Saturday Hobie.

12.14 miles

YTD 1477.21 miles

• Options
    AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭
    Ditto Hobie!

3.5 miles for me tonight, kept it nice and slow as the legs felt quite heavy after yesterday’s session.

692 YTD 
  • Options
    5.14 miles

YTD 1482.35 miles
  • Options
    AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭
    3.5 more today. Ticking over. Rest day tomorrow though.

695.5 YTD 
  • Options
    Longest run of the year - 17.26 miles

YTD 1499.51 miles
  • Options
    Just totaled my mileage that included three x 14.27 km and three treadmill runs of 10km each at the hotel gym before the Toronto Marathon last Sunday plus the there & back to Parkrun today making my 
    YTD =2104.49 miles.
    Oatycake can stick that up his/her cakehole (seems to have a girly finger from the profile picture on the whatsapp number given.
    Get off this Forum please - ours are real not FAKE runs
  • Options
    Weather's cooling down, only 34 degrees at midday. 

5.22 miles mid morning, off to work now.

YTD 1504.73 miles
  • Options
    Ooof, I found that a very tough one. Started quite slow, holding just under the target pace for sub 4. Got through Beddgelert on schedule under 2 hours. Then started to struggle but kept running, until the last hill... Walked the whole of that, managed to shuffle across the top and let what was left get me down the hill and along the High Street. So the time 3:55:59...PB By 1 minute.

Absolutely stunning day, a bit breezy but stayed dry and a dusting of snow on the hills was gorgeous.

1249 miles YTD
  • Options
    Well done Hobie, congrats on the PB 
  • Options
    AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭
    7.5 miles today, gets me past the 700 barrier.

703 YTD 
  • Options
    AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    PS - well done on the pb Hobie!
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Well done Hobie!!
    An easier week for me with just two runs, each of 6.4'.
    Brings me to 1264' YTD.
  • Options
    29.10 4.09 miles
    30.10 9.68 miles

YTD 1518.5 miles

• Options
    AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭

Just tickled out an easy 3.5 miles this morning - felt fairly heavy legged after Sunday's long run.

706.5 YTD

• Options
    Steven Morrison 2Steven Morrison 2 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Hey all,

4 weeks without a run for me and as such far too much to catch up on in one post, but special mentions certainly for the following;
    Hobie1495 - Superb effort sir for the PB, sounds like it was a tough one - always nice to get the reward for the hard work!
    DavidC - Well done on your first Ultra and of course the 1000 miles sir, terrific :)
    Donnie - Nice race report on the Mara, sounds like you left it all out on the course. We're both gonna nail that flipping Sub-4 the next time we tackle 26.2 I know it!
    Harmander - Metronomic as usual - Congrats on Toronto.
    Scammers - Hi, it's NOT lovely to hear from you, please feel free to leave - I know a few people who can get you a genuine fake 100% passport!
    Others I have missed - You are awesome, you've ran a whole lot more than I have this month and it's been murder lurking in the background and reading about how well you've all been doing ;)

After going to see the Doc *shudder* I was informed I had a viral infection and was promptly sent home with a couple of aspirin and wee spray for the golf balls in my throat. No wait what did HE call them ... oh yeah, tonsils.
    Nothing to do but rest and wait, so I have. It's only been for the last week that I've started to feel 'normal' again, well apart from the voices in my head (but they've always been there).
    I would love to say something like "I decided to give it a week to make sure I was completely fine". But the truth is, for whatever reason I just haven't been able to face it. I dunno if it was the fact that my last few runs were pretty miserable, or if I have simply rediscovered the cosiness of my bed - but I couldn't get myself out the door.
    Dragged my lazy butt outside this morning for 4 wheezing miles of rediscovery, Wow! you lose fitness in 4 weeks lol - lets hope I can get back into things.

31 Oct - 4.0m

YTD: 1066.4 Miles

• Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Hi SM2  Well done for getting out this morning! Hope you'll soon be in a better place, and back to happy running. Hoping to get out myself a little later, and challenge that fresh SE'ly!
  • Options
    AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭
    Get well soon Steven.

5.5 miles this evening gets me up to 712 YTD 
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Happy to end the month with a steady (?) 14' and bring October up to 119' which includes a couple of easier weeks. YTD 1282'.
  • Options
    Evening 1kers, I have had a much needed 2 week rest from running, let my legs take a decent rest and now feel rejuvinated!!

So 5k today and up to 

529.8 miles.. 
  • Options
    Morning all,

Well back from our week away, a lovely break with the family and great weather down south, last Wednesday was so warm I was in a t-shirt on the beach.

No running however as forgot to take my head torch, and it was to dark to get out in the morning and get back before we headed out for the day, but the rest has been good.

Harmander, Great pacing at Toronto, well done Sir.

Dubai, Glad the weather has cooled down :D , nice long run.

Andrew, Well done on getting over the 700 mile mark, not far away!

Steven, Glad to have you back, I believe there is a chart that gives a percentage of fitness loss over time and how this effects your pace, it is a frightening read, so best forget about it!

Hobie, Brilliant run and PB, imagine what you could do on the flat!

As for me, I have eased back into it now, my next outing is on Monday 12th, a marathon along the Thames next to Windsor castle, should be lovely.

28.10.18 - 6.25
    30.10.18 - 8
    01.11.18 - 6.25

YTD = 1046.10