Options

1000 miles in 2023

Comments

• Options
    MrCMrC ✭✭✭
    Another 10 to add, decided to avoid the country trails and stick to the roads, not because of the ice but thought it might be slightly warmer 😊

YTD 1183 miles.
  • Options
    Jack: Thanks for mentioning my 10k from last weekend. I'm still happy enough although I noticed the results section of the event website had links to the results from 2019 onwards. Although still happy with my 47.12, the gloss was taken off it when I saw I'd run 45:50 in 2021!

Mr MM: who doesn't love a new pair of trainers.

To those chasing targets - I hope the last month goes well. Personally, if I get to 1300 that'll be my highest annual total. I really think posting on this thread has helped. 

Dark, cold and been pushed for time this week, 2 x 5 (same route each time) to add

Ytd: 1216.6 (Nov 105.8)

• Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Ventured out for 7 miles this afternoon. Quite safe under-foot but getting ready to freeze again.

YTD: 1443' .
  • Options
    JackFWJackFW ✭✭✭
    1500 not far away, MrM2. Incredible. 

Wise approach, MrC. 

It was a very wet and windy 10m run this morning which included some hill repeats half way. So wet I was forced to leave the phone and air pods at home. Probably a blessing. It was nice to listen to the wind and the waves. 

YTD - 960m
  • Options
    Good running, all. I took two days off as legs weren't right (yesterday was gym/elliptical) but did Sandhurts parkrun today, with a mile warm-up. There was a lovely freezing cold water feature I had to run through three times, but still enjoyed it. 

YTD: 1237
  • Options
    Couple of cms of snow this morning, naturally everywhere has ground to a standstill. 

The most popular race in south Yorkshire, the Percy Pud 10k in Sheffield, was called off at 6am this morning. Nightmare for the organisers but a sensible decision. 

A lovely foggy 7.1 on Friday evening and a cold parkrun. Unusually run to parkrun, it was quicker than deicing the car.

Course mixes paths in the park with compacted grass trails, worn by the runners, shout out to Doncaster council who gritted the tarmac paths on Fri to help ensure we could run Saturday morning. 

Ytd: 1216.6 (Dec 11.5)
  • Options
    That's good of them, Donnie - I don't think my council does the same, though granted it's colder oop north. (Was still minus 2 down here, mind you). 
    4 degrees today though, which felt comparatively balmy. 12 miles. Legs not wonderful but got it done.

YTD: 1249
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Thanks jackfw, I caught up by Sunday.
    My miles are now 895, 105 to do in 26 days 😱
    Mr M2 hope shoes are good, I've got a new pair and I've not even looked at them. Might take them out tomorrow
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    JackFW ....Thanks. You're not too far off the 1000' now. Can almost hear the fireworks!

Thanks Wabo... Sticking to the Wave Riders for a few runs, then I'll put the Cumulus through the slush and mud! All good, so far.

Another 7 mile run this afternoon, after three non-running days. Didn't help the pace but feeling comfortable.

YTD: 1450' .
  • Options
    MrCMrC ✭✭✭
    Jack you are so lucky to be able to run along the ocean, very jealous.

Wabo 105 miles in 26 days you will crush that no problem.

Nice crisp morning for running today and in fact the first dry day in ages, back garden is looking like a river bank!

Decided to test out the hamstring today with a speedier session, 1 min on and off with the on at about 5k pace x 15 sandwiched between a 6 mile run.
    Got through unscathed so very happy.

YTD 1202 miles.
  • Options
    dangeroushamsterdangeroushamster ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Completed a marathon paced teaching session, well I say completed its was appaulingly executed...

Idea is you go small sets of marathon paced efforts from start to end for 60 seconds gradually getting quicker 10x (90%MP, 100%MP, 110%MP). I was all over the shop and out of 10 sets I managed one appropriately. Somehow the second minute got slower a few times, Good job I have a few months to practice 

Wabo 105 miles in 26 days, chomp through them ! 

MrC glad to see the hammy kept up, that's a honest session ! 

YTD 1644 (Target 1750)
  • Options
    DH, I find it very hard to do race pace during training, and I don't think I'm alone there. But keep practising.
    MrC, good stuff - hammies are little buggers. I know.
    MrM2, comfortable is good!
    Wabo, you can do it!

5 yesterday (4 sluggish miles before the gym, then a leg workout, then a slow mile going home) and 8 today (with some faster bits even though I've sore legs). 

YTD: 1262
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Cal... I always struggle to work in the faster miles during a longer run. So, well done on your 8' today. And I agree that 'comfortable is good'!

dangeroushamster... Well done for remembering your paces...even if you didn't nail them all. Sounds far too complicated for me!

MrC... Well done on passing 1200'. Hope the hamstring doesn't play you up after today's work-out.

Just three miles this afternoon. Varied the pace. Happy.

YTD: 1453' .
  • Options
    Couple of easy runs so far this week...5ish on Tuesday after work and 3 and a bit at run club last night....forecast looks comical for our Trail race on Saturday night....going to be epic mud on some parts I suspect.

941 miles YTD 
    90,127 ft elevation 
  • Options
    Hope you have suitable shoes, Hobie!

4 mile recovery run today. 

YTD: 1266
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Hobie: I really dislike mud. Jogged on a path in my parkrun park when I was out last night. Part of the course looks water logged. Saturday could be interesting given how things looked yesterday and the huge amount of rain which has fallen today. 

Miserable weather and having to stay late at work has lead to a disappointing running week. 5 and 7.2 to add, 

Ytd: 1228.8 (Dec 23.7)
  • Options
    MrCMrC ✭✭✭
    A hilly 12 miles today and yeah I concur Donnie horrible running in mud.

YTD 1214 miles.
  • Options
    Another 12x (800 MP/800 Rest) completed, paces slightly faster than they should have been but better than the other day ! 

Fully agreed, mud is a no no for a long distance... 

YTD 1661 (Target 1750)
  • Options
    Shorne Woods parkrun today, in Kent (actually the nearest parkrun I'd not yet done). Miserable weather though I quite liked the course. Didn't run very well, though.

YTD: 1269
  • Options
    My race got postponed due to big wind forecast...it'll be in the new year now....so I went out and did something similar. 6.7 miles & 1000ft.
    948 miles YTD 
    91,167ft elevation 

Aberystwyth 10k tomorrow 

• Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Enjoying a change of scenery, in the Bournemouth area. Plenty of wind and rain. Avoided the rain (but not the wind) for yesterday's 8 miles, but a lot calmer this afternoon for a mixed-pace 4 miles.

YTD: 1465' .
  • Options
    MrCMrC ✭✭✭
    Hobie hope the 10k went well, it was quite breezy yesterday in West Wales.

6.5 miles this morning with 5 at half marathon pace, felt more like 10k 😳.

YTD 1220 miles.
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Hobie - thanks for the pics - really enjoy seeing these. Hope the 10k was a successful. Did it go ahead?

The most popular event in the South Yorkshire running year is the Percy Pud 10K in Sheffield put on by the Steel City Striders running club. 2,500 places are grabbed in moments of the website going live on a Sunday evening in October. It really is a fastest finger first job.  Nightmare for them. Original date was Sunday 3rd Dec but some unexpected overnight snow (gone by lunchtime) caused a postponement. New date was yesterday, gales on Saturday night blow away the race HQ which were a couple marquees - this time its cancelled. Feel so sorry for the organizers, hope the runners were understanding. I suspect some might not have been.

Managed to get out Friday (8.1 - lovely in the evening gloom), Saturday (3.1 - park run tourism when my usual was off due to waterlogging) and then a standard 5 on Sunday night. 

Parkrun was a challenge. Awful conditions, pouring rain, course muddy and almost impossible in road shoes (obviously my fault) and with a big hill. Steep on the tarmac path on the way down so had to be cautious and slippery on the return grass path, I was running at walking pace! Volunteers deserved a very big medal - Cusworth Hall, near Doncaster.  

Ytd: 1245.0 (Dec 39.9)

• Options
    dangeroushamsterdangeroushamster ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Great pics Hobie ! Mud was everywhere, anyone manage to stay clean !?

Loads of 'pud' runs going on the last week but a real shame yours was canned Donnie :( As long as runners are not ripped off I think most are fairly understanding

Always planned on Cardiff parkrun as legs been battered last week and it's a nice tarmac path ! Just as well because the local was canned due to excessive flooding, hard going at the best of times !

Managed my 1hr 45m long run yesterday and pleasantly don't feel it so much today ! 

YTD 1678 (Target 1750)
  • Options
    Lovely waterfall, Hobie. Less keen on the muddy path.  :D
    Donnie, I saw Percy Pud was cancelled. What a shame. 
    I think we've all had challenging parkruns - mine was actually not too bad by comparison.

Had no energy yesterday so bumped my long run until today. Ran a half. Right groin very grouchy but the run was otherwise OK. Not fast though.

YTD: 1282
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Wow can't keep up
    Great photos! My weather hasn't been too bad but I did swerve park run on Saturday, felt I might be getting a cold, it came to nothing, phew
    So I'm now up to 919 , thanks for the encouragement all, I will do it.
    My new shoes are great, I love them! 
    Cal glad you got those miles in today
    D hamster isn't it nice when that happens! (Feeling good after long run)
    My legs were tired after only 6.2 miles yesterday
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Wow! So much happening at the moment! Some local runs have been cancelled due to flooded areas, in the Christchurch locality.

Pleased to have a calmer day, today. But left it far too late for my 9 miles. Wanted to see the lights on Bournemouth Pier and in the Gardens but that meant running back along the very sandy prom in the dark. (Almost walking for sections!) So, a very slow 9miles.

YTD: 1474' .
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a lovely room mrm2, but not so mad about the dark bit!
  • Options
    JackFWJackFW ✭✭✭
    Hobie, dare I ask, are you going for the 1000m, 100k feet elevation double? Would be epic! 

Solid week for me. Got the job done. Not far away now.

YTD - 993m 
  • Options
    5 to add.

Due to my usual shoes still being soaked from parkrun I was out in old trainers. Could tell the lack of cushioning. Definately no spring in my step. 

Pretty sure I've never hit 1300 before. My new target for the end of 2023. 

Ytd: 1250.0 (Ytd 44.9)