Options

Early morning eating

Comments

• Options
    If only I could. Debilitating pain whenever I attempt anything over a gentle stroll...

Oh well.
  • Options
    Oh dear.....how long do you think you'll be out of action?
  • Options
    I would hope no more than a few weeks, tops. If I'm ont training again by the end of the month I'll need to have a serious think about the race.

Since it's cartilage though, and avascular, the prognosis doesn't look too friendly.
  • Options
    Mornin...

2T sorry to hear your still O/O/A! but glad to hear your taking it slowly, it won't be as bad as you think once you get back to it, your body doesn't forget that quickly and the R&R will have done you good, just keep positive...

Hi Shamb, hows it going?

Oh' completed my first 5 miler on Thurs night, bit slow at a smidgin under 1 hour, but still worth the bar of choccie I ate after...
  • Options
    Great stuff, Dooz! Don't worry about how long it takes you - time on feet is what counts. Keep up the good work.

I found out yesterday that I passed my Level 3 theory paper which means I can now call myself a personal trainer!!
  • Options
    Shamb, YEAH YOU! :-)

Now you can give me lots of advice.... Keep it going chick!
  • Options
    Thanks! Please ask any questions, Dooz - I'll do my best to help!
  • Options
    Hi Shamb, This is great, not only do I get fantastic support in my quest to become a runner, I now have someone who may be able to answer one of may all time pet probs...

I hate sit ups (I really strain my neck and after a car accident just over 14 months ago, I can't risk it), so what other way can I get core strength (and a 6 pack would also be kinda nice) I know running helps but is there a nice relatively painless way?
  • Options
    Thanks, 2t!

Dooz - I will get back to you, I promise - but it'll have to be tomorrow.....busy day today......
  • Options
    Dooz - you have mail!
  • Options
    Oh My God! I've been without internet now for like forever... PC motherboard whet poof! finally back up and running (figurativley speaking) Hurt leg at Ideal Home expo on Saturday twisted knee. (now known in work as 'the hobbler'

Hi Shamb, sorry, when you say have I got mail, do you mean my email address? still not quite up to speed on chat!!! plus very busy day in work, so bl**dy knackered...
  • Options
    Hiya Dooz! Sorry to hear about the knee, take it easy won't you. I sent you an e-mail (some ab exercises) via your details on here.
  • Options
    Shamb, so sorry, I think I may have inadvertantly deleted your email!!! please please please re-send it to me...

Honest, since I got back from London I've been totally dippy, I put it doen to the water!!!

Anyway, leg very nearly ok, so not long until out plodding again, how's things with you Shamb?
  • Options
    Hi Dooz - not ignoring you, honest - just been a bit busy.....

I can't quite remember what I wrote! And we're just off to visit my Dad, so I'll e you again on Sunday or Monday, I promise!
  • Options
    Hi Shamb, not a problem, I appreciate your help.

• Options
    Dooz - you have mail, sorry it's late!
  • Options
    Hi Dooz! How are you getting on? Need any help?
  • Options
    Hi Shamb,

I'm sooo sorry it's taken so long to come back to you had mega probs with BT braodband, it doesn't like my email address!!!.

First of all, thank you for the AB exercises, all I can say is they seem so much easier than the ones I did previously (and badley) I think in a couple of weeks, I may have at least a 4 pack (here's hoping) but it's seems to be helping my other work outs as well, especially my running, so it is true what they say about having a strong core. Had a few probs with my neck last week, managed to stir up my whiplash legacy, but hopefully my physio on Fri worked that out.

How's your training going Shamb? well I hope, watcha qualified for now?

Running getting better, but I do have a question for anyone who wants to risk an answer, i'm hoping to do a 10K in June but at the moment am running between 11 & 12 min miles over 5k, what is an average speed for the 10k distance as I do a 5k in about 32-33 mins (Am I that slow!!!!)so my 10k may be about 1hr 12mins ish, is that ok? Should I be doing speed work (oh god! the questions are endless)

Oh, anyone heard from 2T lately?????

thanks Dooz
  • Options
    Hey Shamb....you ok? long time no hear?
  • Options
    [groan]

He's in here somewhere, and feeling like he's been in a hammer fight with a midget.
  • Options
    Hiya matey, long time no hear, what have you been doing to yourself now?!!!!!
  • Options
    Getting back into training via some very sore muscles. Quads are not too happy, but they're starting to get better.

How you doing?
  • Options
    Hiya Chaps, finally sorted the PC, some long worded complicated disease, (the PC not me!) anyway, how are we all? 2T where have you been for so long matey, what have you done that has made you soooo sore?

Shamb, you back on line yet chick? My abs are going well, or would be if I could stop eating long enough for the muscle to over throw the fat?

Runnings going well now I finally realised I should run at my pace and not someone elses?

Take care

Dooz
  • Options
    Hey Dooz, 2T!

Yep, back on-line but only since last week! Know what you mean about the muscle not overthrowing the fat!

Starting to pick up a few clients - slow but steady, but I guess it's best that way.

Take it easy, 2T and keep stretching!
  • Options
    Hi Shamb, Well done on the clients, I'm proud of you. Had 35th Birthday this week and have decided that thats enough, no more from now on I'll stay this age and just ignore birthdays.

Hopefully got first 10k on the 19th June, wish me luck, I'll be the one bringing up the rear, but then someone has to, and lets face it, at least there will be lots there to cheer me on!!! No seriously, as long as I finish I'll be HP.

Chow for now

Dooz xxx
  • Options
    Hiya Dooz! Hiccy Burpday for last week! 35? Pah! You're but a babe! And remember, it's only a number.....

Good luck for the 10k - where is it?

And thank you!
  • Options
    Hiya Shamb,

Thanks, but I still feel old, am I not a veteran in the running fraternity now?

Anywho, The run is the local Riverbank 10K (along a riverbank of course) and I've just found out the 60 min run I did on Sunday was my first non stop 10K (Hubby just cycled it for me and measured it with a little bike computer thingy I bought him) I'm well chuffed 'cause now I know as long as I take it slow at the start I will at least be able to run the distance even if I do look like I need help!

Hope the client list is growing, pity your not local...

Take care

Dooz
  • Options
    Yeah this is the 300 reply.......

Ok just checking everyone is ok?

Shamb, you still training people hard?

2T, you still training you hard?

X dooz
  • Options
    Trying to Dooz......what you been up to?