Options

Le Touquet 2006

Comments

• Options
    JB, Wilkie - have you received any confirmation in writing about your race entry? I haven't heard a peep and wonder if it will just be a case of finding out whether i'm entered or not when I turn up to get my number.
  • Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    Hi folks - it's getting closer :)

Dil, I've not had anything except a confirmation email that I have paid 9 Euros. I'm hoping that one of the reference numbers on that will tie up with my race number when I go to collect it.

I tried to get a letter from my doctor. He wanted to do a full medical exam, at a cost of £150. Time to start a career in forgery, I think!

• Options
    That is a bit steep Wilkie! Haven't received any confirmation as I sent my entry by post. How old fashioned!

I'm having to rethink my plans for pb glory here as just not getting enough training in. I got out for a lovely 7.5 miles first thing in the middle of a summer storm. No idea why I enjoyed it as much as I did! The onus will definately be on the social and catching up with you lovely people over Le T weekend! :)
  • Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    I'll get a pb Rach - if only because I've never done a 20k race before :) As long as it's faster than my half marathon time, it'll do.

I've been running a fair amount, but had to cut short my last long run - it was just too hot last Sunday. I went out at 5.15 am earlier in the week, and that was wonderful.

• Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    whoops - partaking in this event looks increasingly in doubt.

Quarter final kicks off at 4 p.m. on 1st July and will be between the winners of the last 16 game between the winners of Group B (likely to be Ing-er-land) v the runners up of Group A (either Germany of Ecuador), and the winners of the last 16 game game between the runners-up of Group C (any one of Argentina, Ivory Coast, Serbia and Montenegro and Holland - pick any one you like there!) and the winners of Group D (likely to be Portugal or Mexico.)

So it could be In-ger-land v the Argies, the Dutch, or Portugal (amongst others).

Footy v running - there can only be one winner!
  • Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    Sad, so sad. I had thought of you as a man of action Snoop, rather than a voyeur ;-)
  • Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    where the World Cup/Champions League and England/Arsenal are concerned, it's always the footy.

but if they don't get that far, I'll be at Le T!

Blimmin French - can't organise a race around an importnat footy match to save their lives!
  • Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    ..and a little bit of voyeurism doesn't go amiss.
  • Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    I don't know what people see in it.......

(I'll get me coat)
  • Options
    Coucou.... Bon soir et gros bisous fro; our new grand spanking new offices in ever so posh qnd trendy Opera!!! Just need to get the IT peeps to sort ;e out with q French keyboard and I'll be sorted... although my typing de ;erde could have so;ething to do with the celebrqtory liquid lunch today and several bouteilles of cha;pers to ;qke the ;oving in ;ore painless!!! ;)

Not expecting a good chrono @ Le T as seriously doubt I'll be sober in ti;e to do it justice......... Btw Jelly, have been taking Salsa classes....I alwqys said I would!! Looking forwqrd to seeing what you're made of ;y sweet!!!

• Options
    :qybe try babelfish for translation of above!!!

Can;t wait to see you guys again!! xx
  • Options
    jelly beanjelly bean ✭✭✭
    Ah Salsa classes....enjoying them Rach??? ;-))
  • Options
    jelly beanjelly bean ✭✭✭
    ..as it happens I haven't danced a step since New Years Eve....people still whisper in corners about it! :)
  • Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    ...update alert...

England on course to meet either the Argies or the Dutch at 4 p.m. on 1st July, IF we have any strikers fit, and IF Becks attempts to move his ass when defending corners.

Good old Sven - a real tactician, to the end.
  • Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    Does this mean you won't be joining us for the pleasures of Le T, Snoop?

Rach - have you got your keyboard sorted out?
  • Options
    Like there was a problem with the keyboard! ;-)
  • Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    now didn't you see last night's game then, Ms W?

after Beck's performance, and seeing we only have one lanky 8 foot kid as a striker left, I reckon its well odds-on I'll be there.
  • Options
    Back on a French keyboard now and yes I did eventually sober up! Well I was hardly going to work an 18 hour day without a fair bit of fizz to keep me going! ;)

Haven't done much running recently. I think I'll be aiming to do a 2hr training run at Le T.... and a bit of Salsa later if Jelly can remember the moves!! :)
  • Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    Snoop, I didn't watch - couldn't you guess? And you know you want to come to Le T.

Rach, two hours is probably what I can manage, too. As for the salsa, I'll watch from a safe distance :)
  • Options
    jelly beanjelly bean ✭✭✭
    Rach I can remember all the moves......just can't remember any salsa. ;-)
  • Options
    jelly beanjelly bean ✭✭✭
    Well how are my fellow Touquites this morning? Any excitement to report? Anyone caught crabs or won the lottery?
  • Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    nothing as exciting as that, Beanyman!

off to Royal Ascot tomorrow, 20/20 cricket at Arundel on Tuesday, and Henley Regatta on Thursday - I'm going to be SO fat by the time the following weekend arrives with all that food and 'poo consumed!

2hrs 10 mins for me.
  • Options
    jelly beanjelly bean ✭✭✭
    No excitement here either, I should be out working but I'm a bit sore afetr a 10k last night. I don't expect much improvement by Le T, looking to the Autumn/winter now......of course this means the post race festivities will be given full attention but I'll be aiming to miss the hat-trick of room spinning! :)
  • Options
    2 hrs 10 mins? I reckon I could push you around in a wheelbarrow faster than that Snoop, maybe I'll have to after that week of indulgence!
  • Options
    jelly beanjelly bean ✭✭✭
    Will there be room for a TV set in that wheel barrow? If so Snoop might take you up on that. :) Morning Tiger how are you?
  • Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    But if you're off to Ascot as well, you'll be a bit of a pudding too!
  • Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    No crabs, no lottery win, no Ascot, no cricket, no Henley. Oh dear, no excuse for a poor performance! I'll have to think of something....
  • Options
    Pudding? I think you mean voluptuous, Snoop ;)
  • Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    Who am I to argue, being a mere male..
  • Options
    jelly beanjelly bean ✭✭✭
    Wilkie, a couple of bottles of rose at the pre-race lunch should sort you out! :)

Where's everyone else? Is Rach still shifting furniture?