Options

Draycote Water 35

Comments

• Options
    Congrats to all who made it and commiserations to those who will be back to compete another day. My first ultra, could not have dreamed of better conditions, pleased to get round in 4.43ish.  Isn't caffeine great.   Mick'n'Phil, inspiring you are, and your handshake left me with enough vaseline to last the day. MancDunc, I (think I) ran the first lap with you, hope it went well after that.  Good recovery all.
  • Options

Hello everyone

We had a great day today. Did our best time for a marathon since September 06 so very happy. Good to see so many of you, and doing so well too.

Gobi - we knew you wouldn't drop out - congratulations, take it easy now and give yourself a chance to recover properly!  Hippo - what can I say - brilliant.  Mick and Phil (I got it right) - so glad you received an award to recognise your huge effort and achievement.  Thanks for the laugh before the start, it was good to see you laugh so much and when Phil joined in it was even better.

Well done to everybody who finished, regardless of how long it took - be proud. (If you are anything like me, be loud and proud)!

One Blue Leg  x

• Options
    Poacher - I was with Hammie , did you mention something about casuality lol
  • Options
    Can't remember much that I did or said today Dunc but good to touch base with the rest of the Manc contingent.  
  • Options

Hi all,

It was great to see you all enjoying todays run so much. I certainly enjoyed watching.

Comiserations to Colin and Brian for not finishing. At least you started!

Mick, your'e a STAR give Phil another hug from me.

I have written to Mick McGeoch to see if he will let me run Barry 40 as I need a long run before London.

Hippo, I'm so pleased that you are running so well now, keep it up.

No more threads from me on this one. See you all around the circuit sometime.

I still have 8 places left at Crawley if anyone fancies another ultra.

• Options

Well done all, great to see you racing... here's a pic of Mick n Phil I got on my phone:

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/1558/dsc00258kt9.jpg

• Options
    thats a cracking pic from a phone
  • Options

Mick - read this tomorrow - Ultra dunc Ultra Dunc  la la la la . See you on blackpool hm at some point .

Lands End to John O' Groats I ask you , if  I recover well I'm gonna whip your hide Boy , if not I'll use you as a unoficial pacer lol

• Options

Congratulations to all who ran today. I was only spectating but was impressed by everyone I saw. I regularly run at Draycote but have never done more than two laps. (All in preparation for half marathons that have ultimately been slow.) I salute you all.

I can't comprehend doing a full marathon and 35 miles doesn't bear thinking about, you're all mad, in the nicest possible way !

Mick n Phil you are an inspiration. Long may you continue.

• Options
    Ultra Dunc wrote (see)
    thats a cracking pic from a phone
    2 mega pixels on my Sony w810i - who needs a proper camera?!
  • Options
    hmm, cant sleep! well done to all. phone about to die.
  • Options
    No problem sleeping last night , it was the night before for me !
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Delighted to say I slept like a baby, still not eating much and this morning I am the lightest I have been since 2004. The body is largely ok with a slightly achey right hamstring(normal one) and a tight left calf(side effect from my tunnel run).

Will have an easy few days but will run later today.

Well done everyone.
  • Options
    I woke up with an ear infection this morning - guess I did make the right decision yesterday then. My god, am I actually getting sensible about running???
  • Options
    UC - hope you get well soon image
  • Options

Cas, if that was coming on then that might have triggered off the vertigo prob - or made it worse.  As you say, a good decision.  Get that ear sorted pronto.

Slept really badly - too hot, too sore, stomach decided that it wasn't actually happy with the Burger King, mars bar and crisps!!  Had the light on about 3.30 reading.  So glad I decided to take today off!!

• Options

Get well soon cas

(you, sensible???????????)

I have to go to work now

drove the 2 hours to cardiff this am

hungry

bit sore but a few ward rounds should sort that out

• Options

Oh so tired now with a couple of blisters and sore knees but oherwise I feel great.

I set out to get under 5 hours and I did it by 8 minutes . I woke up this morning feeling on top of the world. Now I think I am ready to try a 40 miler

It was good to see some of you again and also to meet some new folks. You are all stars!

• Options
    rhb you better not have any of me.
  • Options

Morning All,

Safely installed in Coventry Hospital (working not staying)

Don't know what to say about yesterday except what a fantastic day.

Prayers answered on weather front and some.

Met so many great people with honours I think to Mick n Phil who are just an inspiration.

Mick you should write a book!!!image

Course beautiful although not flat !!!

A PB of course as it was my first so there you go.

Training could have gone better as my longest run prior to that was 18.5 still illness and injury aside --- I DID IT!

UKazz, you are a star and I knew early on you were in  for a good one (BTW - Mrs Snowwy said I was MAD when I told here after)

(((((UCas)))))

Hippo,

Brilliant run well done on PB also.

Dunc -Strong run very impressive!

Gobi - Well done . YOU ARE A MACHINE! But you might need a service now!

To so many others image

• Options
    ed_m (a.k.a. ultra bunny) wrote (see)
    rhb you better not have any of me.
    Nope, none of you... but the FlirckR threads listed on Fetch have some.
  • Options

Morning all - what a great day, really enjoyed it. Good also to finally say hello to some of you, Gobi and MicknPhil, hi again.

AJH, thanks for pulling me along, you certainly made the run a pleasure, so much better to chat along the way.

Very happy with a 6:12 - just another step along the way to the Big C in June.

• Options
    Nick LNick L ✭✭✭
    RHB.....could you paste a link into this thread for some of the Flickr threads??! Be nice to see some picys....I didnt see as many peeps taking photos this year...although I made sure I smiled if I saw anyone wiht a camera
  • Options

aye... as i kept saying yesterday... i dont doo FETCH !

(nothing personal, its just not my colour) 

• Options

Hey folks, lots of fun yesterday and not too sore today.  That's probably because I decided to relax oncw Isaw I was slowing down rather than push it.  With 50k in my legs I'd probably have blown up.

Made it over to teh concert at Buxton, which was well worth the effort.  I walked through the front door just as they were announcing 1 minute to the start of the performance.

• Options
    Nick L wrote (see)
    RHB.....could you paste a link into this thread for some of the Flickr threads??! Be nice to see some picys....I didnt see as many peeps taking photos this year...although I made sure I smiled if I saw anyone wiht a camera

Sure -

1st lot

2nd lot

3rd lot

ed_m (a.k.a. ultra bunny) wrote (see)

aye... as i kept saying yesterday... i dont doo FETCH !

(nothing personal, its just not my colour) 

Erm... you can use the inbuilt CSS to alter the colour. I use Samba (think Brasil flag)
  • Options
    Nick LNick L ✭✭✭
    Monsieur Fromage...merci beaucoup!
  • Options
    the vests come with a CSS ?