Options

Strictly Come Dancing

Comments

• Options
    Where is everybody????  Was I the only one watching tonight or is everybody either doing the Great North Run or watching the X-factor? image
  • Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭

The girls' dance was brilliant and there is something so phwooaarrr about seeing all those professional men dancing together. Their passion for dancing is a real turn on image.   Matthew Cutler gets more gorgeous each week!

I thought all the men danced quite well, even Gary, but I think he'll be the one to go. 

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but who likes Erin with her blonder hair?

• Options

Hi Sezz.  I so agree about watching the male professional dancers.  I can't understand why some people think that men dancing is effeminate - it's anything but! image

• Options

Is Ola preggers? I know I said last time I thought she looked a little "broader" than in past series, but last night I thought I detected a little bump at the front?

Or does she just now look like a more normal girl, and less like those ironing boards that she's surrounded by?image

Am I bitter? YOU BET! image

• Options

Tom was better than Austin too.....

And he's GORGEOUS.

• Options

But Austin has the muscles!!! image  I thought Tom danced better but I didn't like the music choice which spoiled it a bit.  Something a bit livelier would have worked better.  There was a lot of energy in the dance but the song was so dull. 

I think Gary or Andrew might go out this week.  Don't know about Ola and didn't notice anything.  I wonder if digital spy has any gossip?  I'll look after the results show to stop me finding the spoilers.

• Options

Was out last night so just watched it now .... Wow!!!  Thought the jving was absolutely fantastic.  Austin was brilliant - don't think he got enough credit for it.  I was dancing round the room with them - thought the music was inspired.    However, I though Camelia really let Tom down by picking that awful song for their jive.  Tom was really good and if he had had a much better song, I think he'd have been a-maz-ing!!

The girls were also great with that swing.  Couldn't put a fault with any of them. 

Ola definitely has something around her stomach area but I think it was just the dress and the way she was arching her back.  Interesting if she is pregnant because I can't imagine her doing the full 14 weeks and not being pretty huge by then if she's already showing!?!   If she is preggers, I wish I had looked that good so early - I was massive by 12 weeks (ginormous by birth but that's another story ....!)

Gary to go, please!!!!!!  (Or Mark who is boring the pants off me (chance would be a fine thing .....))

And don't forget - you can't stop the beat !!!!!!!!!!  image

• Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure that the pro's decide on the music do they? It may be the BBC, I thought most of the music was pretty crap last night to be honest. Much preferred Austin's jive to Tom's.

I think Andrew or Mark will go tonight, Gary will get the sympathy vote again and John will get the nice guy vote image

I agree the girls were really good and I am pleased Arlene singled out Jessie, she is lacking in confidence and having that praise will work wonders for her

I never go on Digital Spy on a Sunday as they always know on there and I like the build up of the Sun night show, I did see a picture of one couple on another thread, won't mention who it is in case it is the result image

• Options

I thought Austin's jive was more than one point better than Tom's  - he seemed much bouncier on his feet. Loved the headbanging - just hope they're in the dance off so I can have another good laugh  - it ruined an OKish tango!  Loved Dona and Lillias tango - great now he's pulled is finger out.

not sure who to go tonight - I guess Gary and Mark in the dance off with Gary to go ?

oooh- and weren't the girls' shoes awful ? I know they were right for the dance (very lindi hop stylee) but were so unflattering

• Options

Ah that's better............had the weekend dose of Strictly and feel much better for it  image

The right decision I think although I did feel sorry for Gary - but then I feel sorry for whoever goes each week....  I thought both Mark and Tom danced much better on the night than their rehearsal films showed during the week though......based on those I did fear Mark was for the chop

• Options

But did you see Karen's face when Gary mentioned a 'private ballroom dance'?  I somehow got the impression the answer would be either No or very expensive!!!  The right result though. 

Nothing on digital spy about Ola.  I just looked - didn't trust myself not to peek earlier .  

I love Sundays now - a long run, a long snooze and  a big dinner over the Strictly result show.  What more could I want?  (Apart from Matthew Cutler?) image  Oh and perhaps skip the run???? (only joking)image

• Options

SD- I also clocked Karen's face!  She looked horrified!!!

Glad Gary has gone.  I wasn't feeling him - or Karen's pointy finger.

• Options
    agree - Gary seems a nice chap but he definitely "ain't got rhythm". Mark did better than before, but I still think he's too stiff, maybe his height doesn't help. Or maybe he feels awkward getting close to his partner? 
  • Options

I think Mark was lucky to get Gary in the dance-off otherwise he might have been a goner. He wasn't as bad as he looked in the rehearsals and I think his posture was pretty good, and much better than Andrew Castle's. But he doesn't have much chemistry with Hayley and they come across as a bit boring on the floor. He's bound to get a Latin dance next time round, look out for those arms!

Tom and Austin are obviously a class apart, hope the rest can catch them up.

Oh and someone needs to have a word with Bruno about what's appropriate on live TV, that comment about CRH on his knees!!! snigger... image

• Options

hi guys

my strictly weekend was a bit odd - I was out for both programs - so I got them taped. My MIL taped the 1st one, but I had a very limited time to watch it, so I had to watch the dances and fast-forward the rest. The summary bit at the end showed Andrew's headbanging at triple speed - was hilarious, I nearly wet myself!
    then hubby taped Sundays with no sound, which was very  strange! I'm not sorry to see Gary go, but he really tried didn't he? I am dreading seeing Mark doing latin, oh dear, shame image

Austin looks a natural to me, and Tom's great too - I agree about the music, just didn't seem right!

looking forward to the next one image

• Options

Perhaps all Mark needs is a big slug of Tequila and a pair of maracas? image

I think watching it with the sound down wasn't a bad idea for Sunday's show. I wish they'd put it on a bit earlier though as I'm always trying to finish off cooking dinner when it's on. I try to time it so I'm peeling the spuds for the guest singer bit as it's normally someone I'm not bothered about.

I really liked the song for Tom&Camilla's dance but it didn't go with the routine. Maybe someone only chose it so they could match up their outfits to it...

• Options
    Perhaps all Mark needs is a big slug of Tequila and a pair of maracas?

nah - he needs to dance with his boyfriend and then all will be fine....

• Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    I'm sure Colin will be helping him with his steps FB image

Well I got that wrong didn't I?? The picture I had seen on the mail online was Andrew & Ola so have no idea what the article was about, can't seem to see it now.

Looking forward to the girls next week but just remembered I won't see it as I am in USA for 10 days so will miss it, will Sky+ though. Pity iplayer won't work abroad image
  • Options

Did you hear Karen's comment on ITT when Gary Rhodes said "about that ballroom, I'll be knocking your door"?  Karen said "I'm gonna lock it!!!"

Classic!

• Options

It was a classic (and I'm not entirely sure she meant to blurt it out!) but I feel sorry for Gary all the same

He's like a friendly puppy trying to climb onto the knee of a dog-hater who keeps slapping him down.....

• Options
    So who to go this week then?image
  • Options

Missed Strictly at the weekend but saw ITT last night. Poor Gary. He tried so hard and really seemed to enjoy himself.

I hope they let him have a go at a ballroom dance, just as an exhibition piece.

• Options

I agree Floosie Sue - even Karen seemed to admit he might have a smidgeon of talent for ballroom on ITT!

Who to go this week?  Not sure, not seen much coverage of the girls and not sure who's doing what dance.  If Jodie has anything fast she risks the deranged spider look and I'm not sure about Jessie either although I like her more than I thought I would at first.....  Also can Cherie do anything other than extreme elegance??

• Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    The women, with the exception of Rachel and Cheri (for now) are all pretty even and I think anybody could go? Middle of the board is a dangerous place ...

• Options

Any of the girls could go but likely candidates are probably Lisa, Jessie and Jodie.

Podds - did you used to be Poddler? And if so, is that your lovely greyhound in your piccie?

• Options

BOING!

Thought everyone looked pretty good in the midweek report, hard to pick anyone for the drop from that. I'm probably going to have to work on Saturday so I think I may be watching the programme with a takeaway and a beer after a gruelling week!

• Options

Damn, have managed to miss ITT every night this week - too busy helping kids with homework  image

looking forward to saturday.........

• Options
    Ooh that's a shame, Fraggle. You'll have missed Ian Waite making a Freudian slip while trying to say "get the best out of her on Saturday..." image
  • Options

haha Little Nemo - that was really funny wasn't it??!!