Options

Sub 5 hours

Comments

• Options
    Its a good one Dave but apparently its sold out. You may be able to pick up a number from someone who has pulled out. Have a look at the threads on here and Fetch.
  • Options

Your right Roobs,

Just had a look and its full......maybe Eastbourne on the 1st March instead then. Did this in 2006 and remember the lovely hill at the beginning...!!!!

there is one close to me at Berkhampstead...but that full too.... must get round to planning better!!

• Options

Dave - there is a place going spare I think - I have just replied on the thread on Fetch - go take a look! You could fmail the poster about the place!

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=21116

• Options

goodness it's been busy here!

sorry to hear about the family lyndy - hope things start to look up soon

delia i've FB'd you back about the car, thanks very much.

i need advice - cough nearly gone but have had less than 5h sleep a night for four weeks now (due to my bipolar) - stabilising on new meds. haven't run for 11 days, was up to 10 mile long runs. am i silly to go ahead with sussex beacon? haven't booked a hotel as thought i'd just leave early and drive in on sunday morning - only takes me 90mins so if i leave at 6.30 i should have plenty of time. thought i'd try and go out this weekend but don't know how far to try.

any thoughts gratefully receivedimage

• Options

Morning,

Oh, doG, Roobs has gone totally barmy! imageimage

diana, hope that the sleep pattern soon improves. I guess it depends on how well you are coping as to whether or not it is sensible to do Sussex Becon. My gut feeling is to go for it though image

Have a good one.

• Options

Diana, would be great to see you there.. 10 miles is enough for a half marathon.. so if you are feeling well enough now then you should be fine.. i've barely run for the last 2 weeks cause of ice and then injury but i'm rearing to go!

back running last night .. 3.8 miles in about 39 mins which wasn't bad in a snow blizzard! i tell you i can't wait to see the back of this bad weather! hopefully tomorrow morning wont be so bad! 

• Options

Morning everyone

I still haven't managed to crack 10 miles yet Diana but hope to do it on Monday.  Will definitely be run/walking on the day though, bringing up the rear.  Go for it, you'll enjoy the experience, just don't worry about times.

Must dash, Dentist at 10, then 5 mile run, then pack for Peterborough.

• Options

have fun at the dentist lyndy!

• Options
    Come and join us in Brighton Diana and Dave.  Fish and Chips on the pier at the finish!
  • Options
    i am so looking forward to those chips! when i was down there on new years day too the waffles smelled amazing!!
  • Options
    The hot donuts on the pier are fantastic.  After a 13.1 miles run we can eat anything we like for once and not feel guilty image
  • Options

Feeling a bit "odd" after my filling so going to have to see how I feel in half an hour or so before I set off for my run image  it's really annoying because I was really looking forward to it too and the sun is just starting to come out.  A bit chilly though, still I can wrap up against the cold, but my head feels all woolly. 

I never used to get a reaction to injections at the dentist, but the last 2 or 3 I've had I remember I felt dizzy and odd. image

• Options
    Lyndy, i wouldn't go running after getting an injection from the dentist.. take it easy... maybe this evening if you are feeling 100% then go for it.. as long as you get your long run in over the next few days the rest doesn't matter!
  • Options
    morning delia.. hows small man?
  • Options

Morning Delia

Well, still feeling giddy so am going to give my run a miss today.  Take y running gear up to mum's with me and hope to get out tomorrow.  Don't think it will happen as mum always finds me too much to do to take an hour out for a run.  I'll just have to see how it goes.

Off to get ready now.  Back on Sunday evening (unless I get to sneak off to my laptop image)

Have a good weekend everyone image

• Options
    have a good weekend lyndy!
  • Options

Have a good weekend Lyndy.

• Options
    12 miles done image God it was hard work.
  • Options
    well done tracey! i'm not sure i'll do a full 12 tomorrow.. might do 11 instead but will see how i'm going! dont want to peak too soon before next sunday!
  • Options
    bootsie - I am training for a marathon, well 2 marathons.
  • Options

Lyndy - you've probably set off now but hope the weekend goes well. 

Blimey - well done on the 12 miles Tracey.  This is a step back week for me in my schedule, so I only had to do 5 steady miles.  Only did 4 because I couldn't escape from work for long enough - still the run back up the steep hill from Brighton sea front to where I work must count for something extra!

Has anyone got plans for where they're going to stay pre FLM?  Anyone decided yet what day they'll pick up their number?

• Options

What 2 you doing Tracey? London and ?

Diana B - go for it!!!!!!

Didn't hear back from VICTA today so I'm still not sure about FLM.

Wonder if Dave got a place for Sussex?

Going to do my 10k tomorrow. I plan on doing 1m warm up, 10k race and then 5/6m afterwards (very slowly) to make up a long runimage

• Options

Roobarb - Am doing FLM & Halstead Marathon. Halstead is 2 weeks after FLM.

LTSA - This was my step back week. Next week should be 18 miles but am doing Sussex half. Will do my 18 the week after Sussex half.

• Options
    Roobs - Sorry I forgot to ask how are you feeling today?
  • Options
    Hi Roobs,

Decided not to give it a go. Already doing Hastings and Reading so a fair bit of travelling from N London already.

Think I'll just have to make sure I plod around locally.

Thinking of a short run tomorrow ( 30 mins or so) and alonger one on Sunday.....10 - 12 miles.

Feeling a bit stuffed up again today.... image so maybe sweat it out in the morning.
  • Options
    Dave - Hastings is a  hard half marathon, but a nice horse brass. How about joining us ladies in the NF10?
  • Options
    Hi Roobs, Decided not to give it a go. Already doing Hastings and Reading so a fair bit of travelling from N London already. Think I'll just have to make sure I plod around locally. Thinking of a short run tomorrow ( 30 mins or so) and alonger one on Sunday.....10 - 12 miles. Feeling a bit stuffed up again today.... image so maybe sweat it out in the morning.
  • Options

Dont know how I managed to post the last one twice.....

I did Hastings last year....and agree with the horse brass!!!  thats why im doing it again.....to make a lovely pair!

Want to give it a crack because I had a knee injury, which flared up just after the long uphill bit...!! so looking forward to hopefully beating my time from last year!

Whats the NF10 then Tracey?   or where to be more precise?

• Options
    Dave - New Forest 10 on the 12th July. Almost all off-road on forest tracks in the New Forest. You get a horse brass for this race as well. And if you like horse brasses do the Dartford Half Marathon as well the week after.