Options

Birmingham and Black Country Half-Marathon

Comments

• Options

yeah, there was 2 of us me (552) and chris (554)

im not to sure on the name, i think its because the owner of les croupier cardiff started the club?

i have only been running a few months, and only joined about a month ago

• Options
    Didn't recognise you without the goggles!
  • Options

haha

i had my pescription oakleys on, which are almost as big as the googles

and was intresting in the tunnel, i did not know which was best on or off........ not that i could see anything either way, lol, had a great time, but got a bit carried away on the beer last night, cant remember getting back to the hotel........ see you all next year

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Flo Po wrote (see)
    Oh auto pause the penny drops that expains it!!!!!
    Oh bu$$ery, Bo**ocks!! D'ohimageimage
  • Options

Ditto the aboveimage

• Options

So what's this auto-pause, then? Does the watch stop if it thinks you're not moving or something? Sounds a bit daft, and should surely default to 'off'? I remain to be convinced of the value of these things anyway!

Hovis - there's always the B'ham Half in October... very different to BBCHM, some might say dull by comparison, but it should be a good one 'of its type'!

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    actually come to think about it 'auto pause' only comes on if you stop......and I didn't!!image
  • Options

BTW the BCNS folks will get upset if you keep calling their vessels 'longboats' (that's what the Vikings used) - what you see on the canals are NARROWBOATS!

• Options
    Spence wrote (see)
    actually come to think about it 'auto pause' only comes on if you stop......and I didn't!!image
    I imagine it thinks you stopped when you disappeared underground.
  • Options

Yeh but I think it thinks you stopped when the signal was lost in the tunnels.

Can I have my official result according to Road Kill bib 654 please!

• Options
    Think we crossed postsimage
  • Options

Spence/Yeti/Lurker,,,,sorry I missed you in the P&P, sounds like a couple of you made a session of it !!!!!

Spence, if you are racing Thursday I might reconise you from your language.....lol

• Options

Flo Po:

02:16:11 - 524th overall, 117th F, 32nd F40 Were you running with Yeti?!

• Options
    Chris M wrote (see)
    Spence, if you are racing Thursday I might reconise you from your language.....lol
    I've only met Spence once, and she seemed such a nice girl, none of that naughty punctuation!
  • Options

roadkill...... are you sying the times are wrong?

im not sure if i want t o know mine, as it says 1 hour 58 mins 49 secs i was bib 552, i would be gutted if i was over 2 hours,

and i have 2 half marathons planed for october, a week apart, i will probably look at some before that, gloster next month maybe?

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

I am a nice girl!!image

I obviously need to join a club to get me quicker!image

Oh and the people on the NARROWBOAT playing the loud music live by me, quite a shock to both of us!!

• Options

Spence,,,,of course you are image, well worth joining a club, it has done it for me.

• Options
    Which is the next forum that everyone is going to start talking on ? I am not going to be doing the Brum half (I just did the real one image) so might not be on that chat. Perhaps I should just gate crash that chat !!!!!
  • Options

Hovis - no quibble with the times, I should be clear about that (although I wouldn't mind gaining a few minutes and therefore a PB!), but the positions look a bit strange due to the elite waves being kept separate for the overall positions, hence there are three 1sts (Elite Male, Elite Female and the rest of us), also I am down as 76th, yet 86th Male!
    I think Stuart or Irondog said something about a combined list being produced at some point.
    Note that my list may not include any adjustments they make to their provisional results.

I really hope I haven't come sounding too critical of the Stuweb guys - I think they've done a fantastic job!

• Options
    Chris M wrote (see)
    Which is the next forum that everyone is going to start talking on ? I am not going to be doing the Brum half (I just did the real one image) so might not be on that chat. Perhaps I should just gate crash that chat !!!!!

Maybe we should start a Rowheath 5k Series thread...

Apart from that, my next midlands races will probably be Lichfield 10k, 6th Sep, and Robun Hood mara the week after.

• Options

Oh no! Not another running website! I've just about weened myself off Fetch!

I'm going to shut down now, before I get tempted...

• Options

You peeps looking for another half before too long could do a lot worse than the Wolverhampton one on 6 September. Challenging in bits but quite quick. Save a couple of quid if you enter before August 2nd.

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/events/viewevent.asp?sp=&v=2&EN=49327 

• Options

Booster, I agree.

Did the Wton Half last year and apart from the lack of scenary (mainly housing estates and main roads) it's a good course.

Anyway back to BBCHM. Was it just me or did anyone else notice that all the signs along the route were spelt wrong and said BBHCM instead. Not that is matters and made me laugh anyway.

As did the glowsticks in the tunnel as someone mentioned earlier. I'd pictured a string of lightbulbs and a generator, so seeing the sticks was a welcomed smile on route.

As were the happy couple in the boat at the unofficial mile 8 station. I didn't know whether to drink or dance.image

Wonderful day, great weather (albeit hot), great marshalls / volunteers and what a great finish area. I've always loved that part of the canal so to finish there was great.

My wife and children had a fab day too afterwards as there was a makeshift beach and fun tent with interactive games and activities round the corner by the library we weren't expecting.

Congrats to all runners / marshalls / volunteers / organisers.

I managed 2hrs 8 secs, which suprised me cause by mile 10 I was knackered, and then I got a brick in my shoe, I decided it was less painful to leave it that to actually bend over and try and get my sweaty shoe off!

Definately be back next year!image

• Options
    Ps: That last smiley should have been this one :image
  • Options

Yup we saw the beach on Chamberlain Square.  Quite what the far-sighted C19th Mayor of Birmingham would have made of the antics I dread to think!

Still glowing after this event and both me and the missus intend to be there next year.

• Options
    My face is still glowing- forgot the sun cream on thatimage
  • Options

re. chatting once this forum's died:- didn't Lurker say she was going to start up a generic West Mids thread?

Hovis - you definitely should've said Hi - I may look scary, but promise not to bite

Chris M - likewise - see you Thurs - here's a pic for spottaging purposes

Been topping up the alcofrol levels this eve... better get some sleep now.....

• Options
    Booster - I was well up for the Wolvo half, then realised that's the day I'M GOING ON HOLIDAY!!! image
  • Options

Mick Hall Photos are on - unfortunatley 45 pages and the search facility is not enabled.

They are in order of starting though - if its any help I started at 10.20 and am on page 29.