Options

Sub 3h15

Comments

• Options
    BirchBirch ✭✭✭
    MsE wrote (see)
    would a new visor be a silly new garment to wear on Sunday?
    Surely any visor , by definition, is a silly garment?  image.
  • Options
    I got 2 practically unused pairs of shoes for a total of 50 quid! One pair look like they've never even been outdoors.

Pen 2 on green, but I think pen 1 is the slebs. Number is 29680. Could someone not posting via mobile phone please add that to the list?
  • Options
    BirchBirch ✭✭✭
    Sorry, MsE - couldn't resist - of course, anything that helps, or you think helps, is fine image
  • Options
    MsEMsE ✭✭✭
    Birch - I seriously think it would help keep my pony tail up. Funny how I have coped with hair falling in eyes and/or out of it's elastic during those LSRs but now am faced with Race Outfit Anxiety and Race Hair Anxiety as race day looms. Scooby - you do not know how much I appreciated the photo being re-posted by you! image
  • Options
    MsEMsE ✭✭✭
    Fred Member

Blue:
    MsE - 17454 - blue start in a British Heart Foundation Heart Runners red top (with Wendy on the front and For Dad on back).
    Race Jase - 736 - Blue start.
    SteveC1975 - 23156 - Blue start
    Ormeski - 17655 - Blue start. Yellow Marie Curie vest with 'Pete' on the front.
    Just Running - 2177 - Blue Start (pen 3)

Red FGFA:
    XPS Red FGFA start (31xxx) - Easingwold RC blue vest 2 green hoops
    AfE - 32439 - FGFA start, Ilkley H vest (red/green stripe) - no coach
    MartinH - 32944 - FGFA Red start, Wearing purple (picture as posted a few pages ago).
    SBD - 33319 - Blue vest with smiley clown & "Adrian" on front, Round Table Children's Wish (RTCW)
    RFJ - 31356 Red FGFA Andover AC vest (akin to tescos carrier bag, red shorts / fetch buff
    Ant - (Don't know number yet- it's in England) White vest wirh "Ant" on it in blue; blue shorts.

Green:
    CC2 Speedy Goth - 29680 - Green GFA Pen 2
    Sal - 70793, Green GFA - I will look out for you Speedy as we will probably be running similar pace
    Minni - 29600. Green and purple vest with Minni on front and back (somehow). Blonde plaits

• Options
    Martin HMartin H ✭✭✭

ON - Good luck in Boston. 

XPS - Very informative again.

MsE - Shooters Hill in Blackheath is still a good 15-20 minutes walk from the starting pens.  Nice area as we stay at the Clarendon Hotel on Shooters Hill Road.  My last run will be on Blackheath Park on Saturday afternoon.  Lovely Italian restaurant at the bottom of the hill if you are looking for somewhere to eat.  Just let me know.  And as for the visor, if it chaffes then throw it, but as we thought you were a gay bloke then it can be acceptable attire.

My penultimate run done tonight.  3.33 miles with 1 @ MP.  Tough run due to the amount of food/drink consumed today.

• Options
    I went for a run today just to make sure my calf didn't hurt - just 4 miles or so. It didn't hurt at all. But now my bloody groin hurts on the other side! Sure this is just minor niggles making their presence felt that will be fine on Sunday but I wish they'd just bugger off.

Anyone expo-ing Saturday pm? Think my train's into London about 11:30 so drop bag off at hotel then out to excel for about 1:30. Quick in and out then back for a lie down.

Meeting some clubmates for tea so a gentle Boris Bike down to St Pauls then hopefully a decent night's sleep.
  • Options

[De-lurks]
    Hi All,

If anyone wants a sneaky peak of the route on Sunday then this video should help.

Warning: Makes you realise just how far we have to go!

Best of luck everyone!

[Re-lurks]

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    imageimageimage Good Luck everyone!  Hope to catch up with you in the  pub on Sunday afternoon! imageimageimage
  • Options
    Right chaps I'm absolutely at my wits end as my router broke 2 days ago so I have to wait for a week until sky send me my new one so I'm trying to keep updated by reading on my phone however the 3G coverage is bobbins so It takes a while to load up and not the best to read on an iPhone (this typing not much better).

Can I ask one more question? How do people find out which start they are in from their race-number? Or is it because you've already picked it up from the expo?
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Look in your magazine from your letter, they list the starts and numbers that start from Red, Green and blue.

Going to expo tomorrow..... getting exited now.... 4m done tonight with 2m at MP... feeling good.

• Options
    It's in the magazine, Wokky - certain numbers are on specific starts. Someone did post it on here a while ago.
  • Options
    Question from me - what's having a wee like on FGFA? Do you have specific bogs?
  • Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    You each have your own wc Andy.
  • Options
    Just had a read back and finding that (kin)avit is trending on Twitter? Wow! Now that's funny image
    Great to see you're getting all excited about it and really hope you all have good days and good results. There'll be tears of sadness and happiness but whatever happens, just enjoy it. It's a fucking amazing experience, whether you crash and burn or whether you bring home the bacon.
    I like the post from earlier by XPS - just get to the line before Big Ben strikes one.......
  • Options
    Wokky - 20975 - Blue
    Cheers chaps
  • Options
    efc-colefc-col ✭✭✭

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE  hope to see some at the start FGFA or at pub, enjoy the occasion i hope to.

Oh i seem to be missing off the list, never mind, not got time to try and re-do..

• Options

evening all.  It's getting close now ... as if you needed a fat ex-marathoner to remind you. 

back today from fantastic ski trip to Banff.  Snow there awesome and super quiet on slopes too, perfect for family hols.  And lots of food.  Jet lag bad so off to bed after this post, but wanted to delurk to wish you all the very best of luck on Sunday (and Monday for ON).

Genuinely jealous of you all, misssing London for 1st time since 2006 (but didn't miss the training so def right decision to pass this year, even before the injury .... getting better now, comback contunues, will be back to parkun on Sat).  Also fed up that sons rugby festival clashes with race so won't be able to cheer you on or see you at The Chandos.

Is it too late to encourage you to add target times & race plan to your list?  I always found it good to go public on my target, as another reminder to dig deep when it gets tough.  Particularly keen on knowing what RJ, Speedy and Ant are planning after your respective very impressive progress this year. 

MsC - forgive the advice from a complete stranger (unlike the still regular fred members who you know so well!), but I'd say don't itch the sunnies.  Two years ago I wore mine (unusually) and despite the heat and sun I really didn't feel either (again unusually) - was actually quite surprised how bright it was when I took them off at the end!  Last year I left them in my bag and regretted it (lightweight cap was used both years and worked)

Finally  XPS - good to see you're still mega organised.  I owed you a hello from my last delurk - HELLO - hope you go well fella

run like the wind

Jezza

• Options
    Fred Member

Blue:
    MsE - 17454 - blue start in a British Heart Foundation Heart Runners red top (with Wendy on the front and For Dad on back).

Red FGFA:
    MartinH - 32944 - FGFA Red start, Wearing purple (picture as posted a few pages ago).
    SBD - 33319 - Blue vest with smiley clown & "Adrian" on front, Round Table Children's Wish (RTCW)
    RFJ - 31356 Red FGFA Andover AC vest (akin to tescos carrier bag, red shorts / fetch buff
    Ant - (Don't know number yet- it's in England) White vest wirh "Ant" on it in blue; blue shorts.
    Golden Eagle - 33295 - white vest with blue "go faster" stripes.  Black or grey shorts.

Green:
    Sal - 70793, Green GFA - I will look out for you Speedy as we will probably be running similar pace
    Minni - 29600. Green and purple vest with Minni on front and back (somehow). Blonde plaits

• Options

I'm jealous of those who got in a few proper little runs today - I only did a slow 3, wish I had done 4 now with some at mp - is tomorrow too late for that?

I think I might be over-tapering this week (day off yesterday - although on feet quite a bit).

• Options

Question re Red FGFA - how to get there?  The mag says go via Blackheath but that seems to lead to the Blue start.  Do you get to FGFA via blue start or do you have to go via another route (and is it signposted).

Apologies if this has been posted already - I have not been keeping up these last few weeks.

• Options
    Jezza - good to see you back, albeit briefly. There's a l-o-o-ng list further back with times on. RJ's not saying (2:35?), ant was 2:54 and speedy is still after 3:14:59 from memory. I'm probably 3:05 if it's not too hot, 3:15 if it's phew what a scorcher.
  • Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Fred Member

Blue:

Red FGFA:
    Efc-Col-32720 Red FGFA, red Wallasey ac vest possibly blue shorts.
    Golden Eagle - 33295 - white vest with blue "go faster" stripes.  Black or grey shorts.

Green:

There you go Efc, back on the list.  I small investigation would show that it was indeed Ant who removed you from the list.  I'll be keeping a close eye on him from now on image

• Options

Fred Member

Blue:
    AmyT - 26433 - Blue Start, Purple vest with yellow piping and Hardley runners in yellow

Red FGFA:
    Efc-Col-32720 Red FGFA, red Wallasey ac vest possibly blue shorts.

Green:

Good luck everyone! See you on the course or in the pub image

• Options
    Good luck to all of you leaving on Friday, I'll be thinking of you on Sunday with a certain amount of envy, but also with a touch of relief that I'm not having to do it. The results should be out when I wake up, and possibly the first reports.
  • Options
    PoacherPoacher ✭✭✭

Everything has gone to pot, not run for a week, slept in 5 different places too, feeling like bleurgh, not optimistic.  Must remember previous years and pull self together.

Travelling south today so will wish the very best of luck to all at VLM, and ON on Monday.  Will see some of you in Chandos no doubt.

Blue:
    MsE - 17454 -  in a British Heart Foundation Heart Runners red top (with Wendy on the front and For Dad on back).
    Race Jase - 736 
    SteveC1975 - 23156 
    Ormeski - 17655 -  Yellow Marie Curie vest with 'Pete' on the front.
    Just Running - 2177 -  (pen 3)
    AmyT - 26433 -  Purple vest with yellow piping and Hardley runners in yellow

Red FGFA:
    XPS - 31xxx - Easingwold RC blue vest 2 green hoops
    AfE - 32439 -  Ilkley H vest (red/green stripe) - no coach
    MartinH - 32944 -  Wearing purple (picture as posted a few pages ago).
    RFJ - 31356 Andover AC vest (akin to tescos carrier bag, red shorts / fetch buff
    Efc-Col-32720 red Wallasey ac vest possibly blue shorts.
    Golden Eagle - 33295 - white vest with blue "go faster" stripes. Black or grey shorts.
    Poacher - 31xxx - prob in yellow Stockport vest, but may switch to silver halter neck mini dress if feeling skittish. (No visor, that would just look silly)

Green:
    CC2 Speedy Goth - 29680 - Green GFA Pen 2

(tidied to reduce repetition) 

• Options
    Red FGFA = Blackheath station
    (I actually went to the red start last year - it's just a longer walk really)
  • Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Good luck everyone. I'll be at the Expo about midday tomorrow- with the masses no doubt. Feeling fairly chilled and hope to enjoy this onme without too much pressure.

I'll be at the good for age start with my red North Shields vest. Probably in the zone and unable to speak to anyone...image

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

North Shields Poly?  My neighbour, almost.

• Options
    Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    I've been away in Skegness for the best part of a week and just now catching up the last 20 pages!Had to skim read a bit, sorry, or I'll be late for work!
    Congratulations on the new arrival FINgers.
    PMJ - congrats on the new PB.
    And HUGE congratulations to MM on the sub 37 10k!
    FW - sorry to hear you had a disappointing day in Edinburgh, but it sounds like it wasn't anything to do with you!
    DM - well done on your PB in Paris, especially in the heat.
    KR - sorry to hear you had a bad day at Brighton, but I'm sure you'll have learnt a lot from the experience and next time will be better.
    I decided to have a very easy week running-wise partly because I have a blister on each ankle. I think it's due to the orthotics I'm now wearing lifting my feet higher up the shoe. Did a lovely run along the promenade and back along the beach. About 80 mins and no idea how far except to say I didn't get as far as Mablethorpe! Also despite my best efforts to slow down I won a fun run. 2 laps of a caravan field with a grand total of 5 entries! Back to work today image
    Thinking of all the VLMers, especially all those with injuries/niggles; it is so frustrating and disappointing but please don't be silly like me. Let's hope it's a cool day on Sunday and I look forward to reading all your reports!