Options

Port Talbot harriers

Comments

• Options

FL we have had so much rain in wales the rest of the uk are ok for water for the next 5 yearsimage

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

Morning allimage

Managed to get out before the rain this morning for an easy 4m. Off to St Fagans today and tomorrow with Y6/7 - will be a bit damp I thinkimageimage

• Options

Morning all

see you in training laterimage

• Options
    This looks good and easy,serve with a chilled rose.........http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/simplegoanchickencur_67869
  • Options

Afternoonimage

Speedwork for me this morning, 1 mile warm up, 6 x 800s, 1 min rests, 1 mile warm downimage

very warm out there this morningimage

FM, No rain for me on me runimage

• Options

Hey guys

See you all at trainin later?

Are we 5k'ing in?

Jules

• Options

Any one fancy this?

let me know and ill send you the entry form....possible team prize??

Bridgend Show Hop(5K)         Friday 7pm July 8th           Pencoed College     (1.5 mile from Junction 35 M4, off A473 Llantrisant road ) Course / Route: A country lane run on an out & back, rolling course, starting and finishing at the Showground, Pencoed College, Pencoed, passing the Old Mill and the hamlet of Llanillid.   Entries: Pre-Entries or on the night from 5.15pm until 6.45pm  Info: Runners and Spectators to park at The Pencoed College. Race HQ at the Showground. Toilets and limited Changing available.  Awards/prizes*: 8.oo pm at the Bar in the ShowgroundMale – 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4thand 5th Plus First - u20, 40 1st, 2nd, 3rd +, 50+ 1st, 2nd, 3rd , 60+ Female – 1st, 2nd , 3rd, 4th and 5th Plus First u20, 35+1st, 2nd, 3rd, 45+1st, 2nd, 3rd Teams – 6 to score 1st 2nd & 3rd 

* Race number entitles you to a free spot draw

Further Information: TEL  07564854499 Entry fee: £5 (+£2 unattached athletes)  
  • Options

JD it is not 6 miles perhaps farm miles maybe & it aint flat either but you know sarn helen if it aint 1 in 2 then it's flatimage

MM another holiday you got too much cashimage

swede&mash veg sundays roast pork with loads of gravyimage

so much for a broken arm went to chiropractor today took mrs mm61 for company she returned the favour by dragging me shopping all around cardiffimage

• Options
    FL hopefully i will be joining ffRAN in loch nessimage
  • Options
    not much life on here lately
  • Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

MM61- thanks for the info- hope you didn't spend too much todayimage

What cr*p weather!imageimageimage This evening's run was like the middle of autumn

Plain salad (no dressing), cottage cheese, yoghurt and a banana for lunchimage. Hot chilli chicken, mushroom curry and wholegrain basmati tonightimage

• Options

For those who haven't seen the news letter yet:

http://runninginwales.com/documents/news%20letter%201%20-%20Copy.pdf

I'll remind GG to put it on the PT site tomorrow 

C.G. 

• Options

Evening all image

Enjoyed training tonight.Good turn out too image

Well i think i`m all set for Saturday.Had a good chat with FM tonight about my race plan and he gave me some very good advice. Tonight i tested my race pace and i felt pretty good.If i can hold that Saturday i will get my sub 20 no problem.Saying that i would take 19:59 now lol

Feeling really good tonight.Roll on Saturday image

• Options
    JD i'm skintimage
    as that red dot appeared int centre of your head yetimage
  • Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭
    MM61- no, but lost another 1lb since Saturdayimage Looking forward to Friday evening instead of weekend raceimage
  • Options

Evening allimage The rain is lashing down,theres nothing like a nice summers eveningimage

MM61 glad you enoyed shopping, think you need some retail therapy image

JD well done on your training and weight loss,you wil enjoy Felinfach its a nice eventimage

Physio for me last nite,no probs,but will enjoy resting now till Fridays raceimage Got some unfinished business with someone else on this site,reckon i might have him on this one..not you JD your unstoppableimage

• Options

JD i'm looking forward to saturday evening i'm out on the town with the PTH posseimage
    apart from i'm not running i can't make friday as it's my misses birthdayimage

you house must be full of andrex ( curry strengyh )

• Options

MM not a bad evening here no rainimage

retail therapy my arse i was just the bag man (thats my back f****d )image

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

MM- you want to try running through it!image Looking forward to doing a longish one (14-15) on Sunday if you fancy a break from the racing

MM61- thought you weren't running until you were sorted anywayimage Enjoy Saturday eveningimage 

Hope the weather's improved before the morningimage Night allimage

• Options

Evening all image

Nice turnout tonight and some great efforts by all with Mr Ps 5 X 1Ks. Well done all. Steady for me with my achillies, which held up ok! image

MM61 - if my daughter stays over her friends on saturday you can stay over ours!!!  

• Options
    JD no long running for me on sunday maybe 3 or 4 miler before breakfast,then we got a 60th birthday sunday lunch,looking forward to no racingimage
  • Options
    PR5 - You seemed to be flying tonight.What time are you hoping for Saturday?
  • Options

JD that is the idea but it is not getting any betterimage

PR5 thanks mate but it will be no probs to catch the train to swansea to my sons hse only £4 for 2 of us
    i thought of dumping my car somewhere around your area as it looks nice & safe then walk into neath from there
    my son is taking us out for a meal on sunday for is ma's birthday,then run us upto the car laterimagea
    full weekend coming up

MM do this do that much more of this & she's off to the oap's homeimage

• Options

Hello all

The results are up for the Beast on the weekend.  Photos to follow soon image

Sounds like everyone is running well.  image

• Options
    MM r u 60 this weekend mateimage
    no running for me sunday we gotta sunday lunch aswell sorry but can't reveal her ageimage
    rite gonna have a lay down i'm all dun in
  • Options
    MM61 - Becki said you are more than welcome to her bed! It is a double so you will be ok! image so decision made!
    SWD - just after a PB mate! Which last year stands at 19.03!
  • Options

hi all

well done all in training tonight bit windy but the rain stayed awayimagenice to be back doing speedwork 1st one in 8 weeks so i did not go full out tonight as i got a race tomorrow but got 3.20/3.20/3.19/3.18/3.11 so happy.

SWD i think you will be ok for your sub 20 on sat just keep to the plan and you will be fine

just looked outside and the rain is coming down big time and mr wind is kicking buttimage

• Options

PR5 - I think a sub 19 is on the cards image

FM -  Yeah i know i got it in me just need to make it official now.Good luck in the race tomorrow image

• Options
    Evening all

MM61 - be good to have a drinky on the weekend.

Well you lot taking about 5K's and time you are planning. My time is now recorded by a Calender not a stop watch! Put on over a stone since Edinburgh but I have enjoyed.

2 More weeks of crap then I will start my Cardiff Training.
  • Options

Morning all

FM have a good race lets us know how you get offimage

ran a total of 4 .09 mile last night ,target for Saturday is getting around without falling the last time I ran in Cardiff I broke my ankleimageany way my marathon training has started lol

PR5 thanks for the news  letter Who's that fat blokeimage