Options

VLM 2010 Survivors

Comments

• Options
    Got home to find a rejection magazine waiting for me.
  • Options
    and me Suze, INOV8 ROCLITE 295 are my trailies , absolutely brill and no problem with blisters on the heels, RW give the 285's a good review this monty too.
  • Options
    Me too shame but there are plenty more out there!
  • Options

Rod - will you try for a club place?

A group of ladies from my club are going to the "The Wall" in June which is a 2 day ultra along Hadrian's Wall.  I'm thinking of joining them - only 69 miles and night camping!

• Options
    Yes I will try for a club place Suze, have done my hottest training run of the year just 10 miles in 27 degrees, took it steady though around 9.12, it was a tad warm but lovely, i did an out and back along the canal, 20 for me Sunday but will be a 0630 start.
  • Options
    Hi everyone - nnice to see peeps again. I'm not in London either but hope we are still posting on here whether doing marathons next year or not! I'd love to keep up with what everyones doing image
  • Options

Suze - will you have to carry the tent with you?

Reject here too

• Options
    Grindleford Gallop a 20 mile local Peak District fell race for me next March up and down a few hills and edges, something to aim at anyway. Going for a run later as in laws for lunch.
    Enjoy Sunday team.

• Options
    The wall sounds like fun! Great part of the world too.
  • Options

Fell running "proper running2 in many peoples eyesimage

20 mile proper long slow run completed for me, now off to see the tri in Stratford 

• Options

5 miles done at lunchtime, bit windy up here today, but running through the autumn leaves very pleasant.

8.10-8.05-7.59-7.46-7.48 for the five miles.

Need a training plan going forward to try and improve for an attempt on a half pb. Need to mix up the training abit as stuck in the five mile speedy trap at the moment. Time at lunch is probably limited to max 6 miles but could do some hill reps at lunch. 

Is it Abingdon this weekend Rod? All the best if it is.

• Options
    nothing wrong with those times Mark, no it is weekend after this one i will be supporting my fellow club runners in chester this sunday, just an easy 6 miler this evening for me, need to do another vlong one this Saturday.
  • Options

Just back from a lunchtime intervals and did a nice session in the windy swirling leaves in the park in Bakewell.

4.06 with laps of 8.21-7.57-8.13-8.24...............

Where do you log your stuff Rod, is it on Garmin or Fetch? I am still using Runners Forum, its easy to use as a log. 

• Options
    I use Garmin Connect, I am more interested in how i feel after a run these days, 7 miles last night @9.40 felt very good, tooth out now so I still feel a bit lethargic plus they told me not to train today. Just trying to work out "map my run" to do a route for Saturday. Probably 20 miles again from my house with some testing hills!
  • Options
    Happy healing for the tooth nothing worse, have a lie down and a hot toddy or at least a nice cuppa sipped gently................ouch.  Swimming with the daughters this evening...........have a good evening.
  • Options
    4 miles at lunch in 33 mins, steady run down town and round the park and back up the hill.
  • Options

Afternoon,

Are you going to watch Chester Rod? - if so please give the Dartford Road Runners a shout (Black and Red top)

USB - no need to carry a tent, they kindly take them to the half may point, not sure if they put it up for you.

My club has decided to do Paris as a spring marathon, will be spending the weekend thinking about it.

Definatly feeling autumnal now.

• Options

Vive la France Suze go for it. I am thinking or should I say trying to persuade my OH to come to Edinburgh in May 2012. Have a good weekend.

Had a run into work this am did 3.2 miles in 26 mins steady............. got to run home too!! Looks like I might get wet looking at the clouds.image

• Options

Suze... I have done Paris 4 times and enjoyed it . There are some strange things that go on during the race but all in all a good experience. You do not have to be super quick to run it.

• Options
    "Strange things"..........what do you mean Gatton I am intrigued to know?????
  • Options
    Yes that sounds interesting Gatton...please enlighten us!!!

Hey all I'm a reject too!! Did any of our lot get a place?? Can't decide what to do now I definitely need a spring marathon. Anyone other than Vik doing brighton?? Are there any other options for next year??
  • Options
    Edinburgh.high Peak maras.
    Awesome rugby game been up since 5.45 watching, sausage sandwich and tea! Not sure I can watch England though!
  • Options
    Can't do Edinburgh as the timing is wrong with Little Pinks end of year exams and now he is year 10 they are getting all the more important.

Lovely 10 ish mile run this morning and very fresh air that really blew the cobwebs out. First time since winter I had a long sleeve top on and hands felt quite chilled too so think I will have to invest in some new gloves.
  • Options

Pinks... there is always Milton Keynes in your back yard the week after London.

Strange things at Paris. are that people use roller skates and they join in half way or even use the metro to only run some of the course. Daz did this event  a few years ago and he can tell you all about it.

• Options
    And people cross the road in front of you carrying their morning baguettes
  • Options
    Sounds fun!! MK is a bit of a boring course and daughter and I going to do it together so really wanted one with a bit more atmosphere and support so think will try Brighton as hope I also have my place from last year and I did raise well over what they asked me too.
  • Options

If you do Brighton I will be htere for you Pinks... also be there for the long runs.. May even see you at MK half in March then.....

• Options

31 miles done last week best week for a long time, 11.1 in the rain yesterday with a friend who is trying to get back to running, he managed five though he has to lose a couple of stone he reckons............

Going to train for a fell race in March that goes off round here as its in support of a local school and not expensive and not far to go, its called the Grindleford Gallop over hill and peak for 20 miles next March as a goal as dont think I want the expense of travelling too far away, times are tough at the moment up here in the north!!!

How was Chester Rod?

All the best for getting into Brighton PB, my mother was from there so I really ought to go and do that one, one day perhaps!

Have a good week all.