Options

A Personal December Challenge

Comments

• Options
    OK, so I failed imageimage
    Day 5 update - 4/5
    Nothing achieved, 1st rest day taken (though, in my defence, it is my first day off in 12 days)
  • Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    haha there seems to be a bit of. theme for today image I did my walk but failed on the food front ... ah well tomorrow is another day image
  • Options

Morning challengersimage

I stepped on the scale this morning and saw something I had not seen for a very long time....... the number started with an 11!

Today is a day's holiday for me as I'm going to see my two kids in their respective christmas concerts, and I'm also going to take advantage of not being in work and go for a hilly run around Box Hill.. This means the update for me is:

1) With the run today will be at 24 miles run, 76 to go

2) first proper hill run today in prep for the Knacker Cracker

3) No alcohol has passed my lips since November image

4) Weight this morning was flickering between 11st 13.5lbs and 12st 0lbs...

Good luck all...

• Options

Weight also began with an 11 for meimageimage.  Down 2lbs or so since first posted.  1 min plank, 15 reps tricep and 15 reps (box) pushups.  30 min plod next on the list.

image one and all.

Nice and frosty so - finally - looking a bit seasonal image.  Warm weather is all very well, but at the right time of the year.image

• Options

Day 6
    Running
    Goal: 66.81 miles (to get me to 500 for the year - it was a slow start!)
    Achieved today: 4.5 miles
    Achieved total: 13.5 miles
    Remaining: 53.31miles

Weight
    Goal: 11st 10lbs (to get to BMI under 25)
    Current: 12st 1lbs
    Lost today: 1lb
    Lost total: 1lb
    Remaining: 5lbs

• Options

Day 5 - Physio stretches.  Boy are these getting boring now.

Day 6 - Physio stretches planned and some walking.  Meetting frineds for a swim and meal, but I can't swim because of the dodgy arm so I will go along and look miserable.

• Options
    RatzerRatzer ✭✭✭

6/12 46.5 + 4 = 50.5  199.5 to go

And more to come today, but that first barrier of dropping under 200 to go makes things look good for this month.

• Options

Blimey - running up them hills is toughimage

Day 6: 5 mile hill run (was hoping to do 10k, but got knackered....), taking my total to 22.7 miles

• Options

No hiding for me today - though I drove in again (had to bring in a tent for a colleague - long story) I have my swimming lesson later, and I will even go early to get an extra half hour in first image

Day 6 update: 5/6

• Options
    RatzerRatzer ✭✭✭
    6/12 50.5 + 6 = 56.5  193.5 to go...
  • Options
    RatzerRatzer ✭✭✭

If you can break the code there's a job going at MI5...

• Options
    I got the code Ratzer. image

Anyone else feeling peckish with winter finally coming?
    Gave into some comfort food at lunch... Some warmth.

Anyway Went for 4 miles jog today, body conditioning class after.

Run leaves me with 58 miles to go for 1200 in 2011.
  • Options

Good morning

5k, 3.12m for me yesterday lunchtime, total to date 18.60, 51.40 to go.

Nothing for me today, gave blood last night and was told no strenuous exrecise for 24 hours.

• Options

Day 7
    Running
    Goal: 66.81 miles (to get me to 500 for the year - it was a slow start!)
    Achieved today: 4.5 miles
    Achieved total: 18 miles
    Remaining: 48.81 miles

Weight
    Goal: 11st 10lbs (to get to BMI under 25)
    Current: 12st 0lbs
    Lost today: 1lb
    Lost total: 2lbs
    Remaining: 4lbs

• Options
    8 very windy miles banked for me this morning.

13 + 8 = 21 / 54 to go.
  • Options
    No miles today, but all the other stuff.
  • Options
    Day 7 - Physio exercises only beofre physio appointment.  Hopefully she will give me the go ahead to do some other stuff.
  • Options

This is going worse than I had anticipated.
    Running was passed over for cycling and hill walking at the weekend, I managed a bit on Monday and now I've got the dreaded lurgy.image

3.2 + 5.2 = 8.4kms

'Only' another 91.6 to go. I'd better crank up soon!

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I set my challenge at 80 miles for December and so far I have done 15.25 so thats 64.75 left to go, looking ok at the moment....
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    RatzerRatzer ✭✭✭

7/12 56.5 + 6.5 = 63  187 to go.

Looks like a day off tomorrow, mind.  Another party...

• Options

8 / 50 miles run

1 / 3 ilbs lost

• Options
    Woohoo! Well done Saffy image

I'm trying to navgpigate Christmas party season without any alcohol AT ALL to control my weight and stop the Xmas pounds piling on. I've done three weeks so far, hoping I can make it throughh the work Christmas party...
  • Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    Well done Saffy and everyone else image

So at the end of week one I have walked every day and done three weights/core classes, but food has been a bit hit and miss 5 good days and 2 not so good .. no weightloss unsurprisingly image
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    bl**dy hard with the food eh b?  I have been trying to get a few pounds off all year!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options

30 mins done, managed a bit further than the other day, so image.

Now just the other stuff to do. . .image

• Options

well done everyone

I haven't updated since Monday. Since then I have done another 10 miles, so that 30 altogether, 70 to go.

All the xmas goodies are starting to appear at work now, eek

• Options
    I've been for my first run in a couple of months.  So far I ahve achieved 8 days out of 8 for some sort of exercise
  • Options
    I am officially useless image
    Cycled yesterday, but had to drive again today (wind was simply shocking and the car was available image ) and have too much on this evening to run/swim. So second rest day taken image

Day 8 - 6/8 and only two rest days left image

Will definitely be cycling to work tomorrow, Saturday and Monday, and have a 10 mile race on Sunday - so the next four days are definites.
  • Options

Evening all,

I'm planning a 6 mile run tomorrow morning to take me upto 30 miles for the month (70 to go), and it will be another hilly run up onto the Downs as part of training for the Knacker Cracker on New Years Day.

I'm really pleased that I've managed to remain teetotal - despite a work social yesterday evening, and a very nice lunch today at Arbutus in London where I was gagging for a glass / bottle of wine.

I suspect that lunch today may mean no more weight lost so far, but hopefully I can hold at 12 st...

Well done to everyone who's achieving their goals!

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    Body pump and a walk for me today and food was good too ..tomorrow will not be a good food day as I am out to lunch with friends, but going to walk to the gym and do a class first to off set some of it!

Frodo you can't help not being able to cycle in weather like today, you are definitely not useless so stop that talk *paddington hard stare*