Options

A Personal December Challenge

Comments

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    I have walked every day but Tuesday ... the weather was so dire. But I did walk in rain and hail yesterday twice! Between the 8th and 14 th I did 2 Body Pump Classes, 1 Core Stability Class and two other lots of weights/Core, so that's going well. Food is still a bit hit and miss. ...
  • Options

Woohoo - I'm past half-wayimage

4 and 3/4 miles this morning in the freezing cold and sleet means I'm now on 52 miles done this month, 48 to go....

I also managed to get through another work Christmas do yesterday without any booze - despite appearances to the contrary.....

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/37826/Gallery/IMG_0100.JPG

• Options

Afternoon all

Only 1.5 miles done this week, mainly due to pressure of work and lack of time, Xmas party tonight which should be good fun. Might get to do some exercise but won't weigh until Monday lunchtime.

Total mileage is now 30.30, 39.7 left. Must get my backside into gear from Sunday.

• Options
    lost 2lb, put it back on...er...
  • Options
    Another 4 and a 1/4 miles for me last night means I've covered 56 miles so far, and by the end of tomorrow that should be up to 66 miles...

Weight-loss is also going really well, and this morning the scales showed 11st 9.5 lbs - yippee!
  • Options

50 mins easy yesterday, nice and comfortable, if slow.  But relieved to see that things are improving after such a long time out.

Haven't weighed myself yet, going to leave that until next week, but I guess it's going down as jeans that were too tight a week or two ago can now be worn.  Saw a photo of me taken recently - image .  Enough said.

Have a good one today, folks.image

• Options
    Hello, another 6 miles yesterday (should have been 13 but I decided to do a 10k rather than the half), so now on 33 for the month, with 37 left to go. Oh dear.
  • Options

argh, a cold followed by an injury is scuppering my target of 100 miles this month - haven't run since the 11th.image

Weight target looking good as I haven't put any on so far! Despite 3 xmas meals last week and lots of biccies and choccies around at workimage

• Options
    Chill out Maths chick... Best to rest if not well.

Couldn't manage much over weekend since away in snowy Scotland... 2-3 miles up and down some hills, all the pavements iced over so best I could find.

Out today for 7 miles so that's 80+ miles done for the month, and more than 1200 miles done for the year.

Only ever managed 7-15 miles a week at most previously, 400 a year ish , so way past that.. 1200 is likely triple anything I've done before.

A nice end to a good years running. Aiming to at least do 100 miles this month.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all, now only 28.5 milesof my 80to go, I think its going to be done!

Well done all who are on target and commiserations people with colds lurgies etc, its a b*gger.  Glad I didnt specify losing weight in my target...

It has rekindled my running having a target I must say!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    I've just done another 4 and a bit miles, so now at 70miles done out of a target of 100 for the month...

I've done a plan of when I can run between now and the end of the month, and hopefully I can get there without having to go crazy and run on Christmas Day....
  • Options
    Another 9 miles going to running club today/ tuesday.. 5 miles hard hills... Though they felt pretty good.. Then jog home.

Lunchtime run tomorrow with friend, gym in evening to enroll (dw sports offer 12 days 12 quid) and maybe doing upto 11ish miles on Thursday.

5 consecutive days running... Hmmm... See how tired legs are .. I'd only do 4 normally.
  • Options

Haven't been too well for the last week or so which is reflected in my run today

2 miles today bringing my total for the month so far to 32.32, still got 37.68 to do. Tomorrow is my last day before Xmas so won't run again until Friday but will have time for two long runs between now and the end of the month so may hit 70 miles.

Weighed myself for the last time this year, won't weigh again as I'm using the scales in the office,and my weight has crept up to 14st 1 7/8lbs so won't stay below 14 for this month.

• Options
    8.2 miles just done - so now at 79 miles for the month - another 21 to go....image
  • Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    I have been keeping up my walk every day and do at least 3 body pumo/core stability sessions a week ..have done 4 a week. Have just got the go ahead to run again, so will start that laterimage Oh yeah the weight thing...I haven't lost any, but it's going to be a whole lot easier when I'm running again to drop the last couple of pounds image
  • Options
    Dum dum dum dum - another one bites the dust......And another one gone, and another one gone, another one bites the dust....

Just finished another run - now at 87 miles....
  • Options
    Just managed 3.66 miles while delivering christmas cards! That brings my total to 36.23 just the 33.77 to go! With a bit of luck I might get to 60 but 70 is looking extremely unlikely.
  • Options
    35 / 50 miles for me so far. Should manage to get to the 50 image
  • Options
    Hi Challengers

I've just done another 11 miles, which means I'm now on 98 miles, with just two to go to reach my target of 100 for the month!

Two of my other targets are also on track (hill training has gone well, and I'm at my target weight of 11st 9), but it's not going to be 4 out of 4 as I've broken my teetotal spell and had a few glasses of wine last night with dinner. My excuse is that I'm at my in-laws and it would be rude not to join in - particularly as my father in law has some stonkingly good wine!

Hope everyone has a great Christmas....
  • Options
    Challengers huh ? Fellow runners.

In laws and booze... Think we all understand. Think the les dawson documentary is/ was on too? He stopped telling mother in law jokes after she died. image

I'm actually at 109 miles of an initial target of 80 . image Should have good chance of hitting 130 by new years eve.

1) enjoy myself at christmas a bit but keep weight under 12 stone
    See me next week, but good so far.
    2) 80 miles running to end the year on 1201 miles, Dec 1st was on 1121
    Currently on 1229 ... So 1250 in sight too.
    3) see physio, plus foam roll when needed & stay injury free!
    Been swimming and lots of stretches.
    4) do one (or two) long runs to maintain fitness
    One 16 miler done. Maybe one more?
    5) be ready for half marathon on jan 2nd
    Fingers crossed. But done some hills and speed sessions
    6) keeping dong core & circuit classes
    Done and more this week tue-Friday
  • Options
    Merry Christmas everybody, 6.73 miles at 6.20 this morning. Managed to get my run in before everybody else got up! That brings my total so far to 42.96.
  • Options

Merry xmas everyone

still on the injury bench - now on antibiotics and have seen the physio about my ankle.

so - running goal will not be met

but - weight: amazingly I have lost a couple of pounds this week, so even with over-indulging today (and probably tomorrow) I shouldn't manage to have put any on during december so that goal looks good image

major goal now is to get better and fit to run again to start proper marathon training - gulpimage

• Options
    Hurray - 7 miles for me today means I've done 105 miles for the month, compared with a target of 100!

I think I should be able to get to 111 with two little 3 mile runs tomorrow and Thursday, and then I'm running the Knacker Cracker on New Year's Day....
  • Options

Just done a 5 miler so now at 43 / 50 miles........looking good for the 50 image

Haven't dared weigh myself this morning after rather overdoing it yesterday image

• Options
    7.13 miles for me today, bringing my total to date to 50.09, might yet sneak to 60.
  • Options
    Morning all, 10.10 miles for me this morning bringing my December total to 60.19. I just managed to get to 60 despite not running on 7 days that I would usually have run on. Have set myself a target of 60 in the January challenge but hope to do more than that.
  • Options
    YoungPup wrote (see)
    I'll join in as well I think..

My goals for December are:
    1) 100 miles running - building fitness for 1/2 mara in Feb
    2) do enough hill training to run (and enjoy?) the Knacker Cracker on New Year's Day.... 3) have another month alcohol free ( done it in Nov, but December will be tougher)
    4) get my weight down to 11st 9 (started at 14st, now 12st 3)

Final update:

1) Achieved - ended up doing 119 miles, target for January is 150.....image
    2) Achieved - hopefully I've done enough hills, and I'm really looking forward to the run tomorrow...image
    3) Not achieved - I fell of the wagon on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, and yesterday...image
    4) Achieved - weight yesterday was 11st 8imageimageimage

So, three out of four overall - and even though I didn't stay alcohol free for the whole month, I did manage 27 days, which is better than it might have been.

How did everyone else do?

• Options

Nice effort YP.  Trying to give up booze in December though?  Madness!  image

I suppose I ought to weigh myself when I'm round my dad's tomorrow.  I strongly suspect that despite having run 83 miles and cycled 374 this month, my weight's gone up rather than down.  Tis the season for cheese, chocolate and booze.  Oops.

• Options

Well, I didn't quite make it to 50 miles......I got to 46. I was going to do the final 4 today, but decided to wait and run tomorrow as the January challenge starts...and if I'd run today I probably wouldn't have gone out tomorrow. 

Er....not quite so successful on the weight front for the same reasons as Mr Pub image

• Options
    Okay.. New year approaches,,

1) ...enjoy myself at christmas a bit but keep weight under 12 stone
    Dead on 12 stone.
    2) 80 miles running to end the year on 1201 miles, Dec 1st was on 1121
    130 miles done! Seemed easy. Strange.
    1251 miles done for the year too. Awesome, like 3 times more than before.
    3) see physio, plus foam roll when needed & stay injury free!
    Fingers crossed, done some swimming too...
    4) do one (or two) long runs to maintain fitness - one done, 16 miles.
    5) be ready for half marathon on jan 2nd - some good speed work, been going to running club for first time this month
    6) keeping dong core & circuit classes - done... More planned, tougher for 2012 too

Well done to all.