Options

Humdrum heaven

Comments

• Options

It's a touch sweet for my liking, but seems to find it's way regularly on to my toast, so maybe my morning brain likes it more than I'd like to admit image

• Options
    NykieNykie ✭✭✭

I think part of my issue was that i put the spread on my sandwich in the morning, in a box and in my laptop bag. It then stays in the bag until lunch. Normal chocolate spread sticks the slices together but with the Philly, I had two seperate slices of bread in my sandwich box.

OCD much? image

• Options

Not a fan of chocolate so I don't like them polluting the philly. Cheese and jam though is an amazing combination. Off to clean the bathrooms, take some clothes to the charity shop, get my glasses adjusted and pack my bags to travel down to Dorset for a marathon tomorrow. Apart from the race, humdrum enough I do believe.

• Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

The first swift has arrived on my street so summer must be here. It's checking out its nesting site in the eves of the house across the road. It keeps flying in and landing presumably to check out the nest. The cat, in the window alongside, is watching it intently.

• Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭

morning friends. Just in from work, bloody late and very grumpy. Ive got a stinking head cold, a broken phone, and iv got to beback in work for 3pm. is it really worth going to bed? I think il feel worse!! plus, the sun is out. might not see it again until august so maybe should make the most of it? hope people are all ok and having a pleasant weekend!

good luck in todays marathon kate!

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Sun, what's that???

Hope you feel better soon mr f

Good luck kate image

• Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭

morning, cinders, muttley! having a bit of fools and horses instead. marvellous!

• Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

In at 10, back at work for 3 - what happened to the working time directive and the 11-hour break?

• Options

I used to be Mundane, but it became too exciting for me, so I wondered if I could become humdrum instead?

Hope the North Dorset went well, I was supposed to be doing that, but couldn't - not sure whether that counts as humdrum or not.

• Options
    JEEPERS!! *runs to hug Jeepers*
  • Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Muttley, the 11hr rule is always overturned!

So how are we all? Three days off so shall be more in tune with my humdrum side ans might even get a couple of runs in! Sleep first though, have a pleasant day all!
  • Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Morning all.

Mr F, you're clearly either in a profession that's exempt from the 11-hr rule or you have a particularly nasty employer image

It is raining again here in sunny Reading. Not heavily, just enough to keep one cool during a nifty 10K. My goal in 10Ks is to do fewer minutes than my age and it is sometimes quite a struggle. But I was nearly 5 minutes inside this morning. No idea where that came from. Upload the Garmin files and then off to work.

Have a humdrum bank holiday, folks image

• Options

Hello humdrummers, thanks for the good lucks, had a bit of a shocker yesterday at my marathon, but still remains by favourite race, Jeepers, get your name down for next year. Very unhumdrum beer at the end. Well done on your 10K Muttley, how nice for you having to work afterwards. Today I shall be mainly drinking tea (yes green, yum) making seafood lasagna and considering whether a 33 mile race next Saturday is a good idea. Oh yes, and looking at the rain.

• Options

hello my darlings...feel like I've been away for a while. Lovely weekend had, although I'm "grounded" this week - some bug/insecty type thing has taken a chunk or 4 out of my left calf and I'm suffering now...not great the week before the Leeds Half.

I'll try and catch up with what you have all been doing! x

• Options
    NykieNykie ✭✭✭

I've been super-humdrum today and changed the filing system for my cross-stitch magazines image

• Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Mornin humdrummers! A fine day here, sun is out, washing machine on, and crumpet for breakfast again! Lots to do today but definitely fitting a decent lengthbrun at some stage. Had my hair cut off really short last night for a change, my head now resembles a tennis ball! Might make me a quicker runner?read some articles about beetroot juice for runners.... In addition to improving endurance it makes your pee pink! Surely worth a try just for that I reckon!!
  • Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Morning humdrummers!

Ooh er to pink pee!

• Options

morning all

I'm dreading my sandwich - it's ham and I'm really not keen on ham. But I have got home made bread for said sandwich. Hmm.

Back to work today - feeling a bit flat now. More tea anyone?

• Options

Hello people! I'm carrying a bit of a niggle in my shin (again!) this week so I haven't run since last Thursday image I'm trying not to let it get too bad so that I can still take my body combat and pump classes. We did go for a lovely humdrum pootle round Rutland water on a tandem at the weekend though, followed by baking cupcakes which we iced with chocolate philly. That was fun in a nice middle-aged sort of way image

• Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    I'm going camping at Rutland! Is it any good? I'm told the trail round the outside is near dead on marathon distance? It's really not too far from me
  • Options

We just cycled round the main loop which is about 18ish miles because we'd never been on a tandem before and it was a bit slow going to start with (we crashed a few times!) If you do the peninsula the full trail is 23 miles in total I think. It's quite a pleasant route (we saw an owl) but busy in places near the bike shops and cafe stops. Although that's probably less of a problem when you're running image

• Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Sounds good!

Lovely sunny 6 miler this.morning, a spot of shopping ans now to attack the garden!
  • Options

sounds blissful mr f - would you like to attack my flat too please? I'll cook you dinner in return...no? Oh. ok.

Although to be fair, it isn't a huge amount to clean up...I'm just in a CBA mood!

• Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    I charge by the hour and instst on very expensive wine with my dinner, oh and very chocolatey dessert!
  • Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭
  • Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    What's ur tipple?
  • Options

I can do dinner and pudding (chocolate tart do you?) and as for wine...Chablis? You'll be drinking alone though, unless SC joins us, still on antibiotics.

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I just need to do something other than housework and job hunting.  I'm so bored today.

• Options

come over for tea SC - there's plenty!

• Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Home made curry tonight so what better than an ice cold lager to compliment it! Another decent run on the cards tomorrow to prepare me for a very bull training course all day on Thursday.

I'm a res.wine fan in winter and autumn but a chilled white or rose during summer. But of course I'm not fussy so will take anything on offer.

Just had some lemon curd for the first time in about 20 years!