Options

Well that ban didnt last very long did it Runners World?

Comments

• Options

Just taking the pi$$ on the Brighton thread. 

• Options

Yep I had the same problem yesterday...

anyone know a computer geek who can help RW sort it out ? 

• Options
    kittenkat wrote (see)
    seren nos wrote (see)

he did do some stupid things and I really disliked his personal attacks on people who were trying but slow.......

I must have missed all that because he's super slow himself? What did he say?

Well they do say what people dislike most in others what they dislike most in themselves, perhaps that's why he had such a problem with "slow" runners image 

• Options

6:32 for a marathon hardly makes him a run er tho 

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

What time for a marathon makes you a runner then Dave?

• Options

Seren show me a post where he personally attracted anyone, as didn't read any

I believe you and book trunk were far more abusive on a personal level that df3 ever was. 

Plus I can't quite understand that several people battered him so much but we're the most prolific posters on his threads.....eh screamapiller seren bookktrunk 

I think you all love the fact that you can be outraged and rieghtgeous all at the same time 

Says more about you guys than df3. 

• Options
    Also-ranAlso-ran ✭✭✭

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/general-running/counting-for-people-with-plenty-of-time-to-count/71328-4067.html

DF3 could have easily automated the above thread so that no one has to add one to the last number and make a random comment. We could have all gone running. Shame to  waste those skills.

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Nooo, where's the fun in that! image

• Options

Oh well back to the "Help I have a 10k race in 6months and I have a bad hair cut" type threads then..

• Options

I don't know Stevie ? 

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

6.31 or faster then Dave? image

• Options

I think it's up to each individual to make a decision for themselves 

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

On a scale of 1 to 100, how much does this matter?

🙂

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)

I think it's up to each individual to make a decision for themselves 

didn't you just say 6.32 for a marathon hardly makes him a runner though? image

• Options
    Tommygun2 wrote (see)

Seren show me a post where he personally attracted anyone, as didn't read any

I believe you and book trunk were far more abusive on a personal level that df3 ever was. 

Plus I can't quite understand that several people battered him so much but we're the most prolific posters on his threads.....eh screamapiller seren bookktrunk 

I think you all love the fact that you can be outraged and rieghtgeous all at the same time 

Says more about you guys than df3. 

the thread i am talking about is the thread he set up to take the mick out of a few runners who were running brighton...a mother and daughter who were training to try and complete it.....they didn't just decide to do it the last moment they were training.....

and they finished and were slow....

but for the weeks before and after the event DF3 was putting them down for being slow and taking the mick about them,........

that is the thread that I think was totally uncalled for and the one i totally disagreed with.........

and no i didn't actually report any of his threads as they i disagreed with him on a number of occasions ......but then we won't all agree ever.............

• Options

So that was possibly my personal interpretation ? 

• Options

the only line he ever said i thought was"too far" was when someone mentioned that they had a kid through ivf or similar (i forget the details, but basically they had waited for years to have a kid) and he made a comment like "you're kid shouldnt be born" it was probably badly worded and wasnt intended to be as offensive as it was, but when confronted, being the stubborn ass he is, he just defended what he said with a flippant comment. It was a dick move by any standards, but the rest was just attention seeking on a level I only usually see from 16 year old girls on facebook.

• Options

For My Money The Naming Of People And Persistently Questioning Theyre Times And SplitsWas Well Out Of Order

• Options

oh yes the stupid remarks on a thread set up late at night with someone with very obvious mental health issues........

these are best to be ignored unless you are going to be helpful.......no use saying that they have posted  on a public forum so should accept the answers...

when someone has obvious major issues its not good to make sport of them

• Options
    Stevie G . wrote (see)
    Maxpower North West wrote (see)

Ben

Your first psot on this thread makes you look like a cock.

How!? Do you condone someone messing a site up, and throwing in threats to break it!?

Hi Steve. Not been on- line since I left work on Friday image

I would have thought it obvious to anyone why Ben looked like a cock.

Firstly, when DF3 told Fetch they had a problem that Fetch guy and Ben should have mailed him and asked his advice.

Secondly, when he proved his point in a pretty harmless way they should have mailed him and asked his advice.

Thirdly, trying to ban someone when you really don't have the facility to do so just shows your lack of judgement.

I have worked in software development for over 15 years (let us say that if DF3 is PhilPub I might be Stevie G or maybe even Seren Nos................) and have to say we would have been trying to speak to DF3 from the outset rather than flexing muscles. Think about it if DF3 was malicious after the laughable attempted ban he could have wiped out both sites within minutes.

Therefore, my conclusion was and still is Ben behaved like a cock and if he worked for me he would be in a meeting on Monday morning and we would be looking at his development plan image

• Options

I have to say that he did annoy me from time to time with his ridiculous remarks, but I sort of became indifferent towards him after a while, because he just spouted more and more of the same hollow and non-founded bollocks.

However, he really did impress me with that epic flounce which was his 'last post'.  My two children have greater self-control over their pathetic tantrums than he demonstrated there.  It was almost like the last musings of a mad man.

I feel a bit sorry for Jindalee having to put up with him, if his online persona is reflective of the type of person he is; that being a narcissistic know-it-all with contempt for all around him.  Though I am sure she will say that he really is a genuinely lovely person with a heart of gold etc etc.

I imagine he is a right grumpy bastard this weekend too, busy plotting his revenge on RW Towers. It's not even like he can go out for a run to blow off some steam, what with being injured.

• Options
    PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

Maybe he can write a script to make the treadmill display 12.0kph when it's actually doing 6.0kph, then he can have a nice walk instead whilst still "running".

(Ironically my neck's completely fucked and I haven't been for a run all weekend.  Harrumph!)

• Options
    The good news is that I had a great weekend and ran like a demon. Almost makes up for my lack of perfect pitch. Hurrahh!
  • Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭

FE has now put some distance between itself and df3s actions & posts; hence, my question: how common, or otherwise, is forum sabotage by disgruntled members or ex-members?  I ask as a novice in such matters.

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Marc.s.  The kid comment was said to me.  

Can I ask...who is Jindalee to DF?

• Options

Jindalee is his girlfriend.