Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options

Emmy - they are apparently ungrateful, unhelpful little brats!

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

really? Are you sure that they're looking at the right girls? Maybe suggest getting their eyes tested as they seem to be confusing your kids with someone elses.

• Options

Thanx!!! 

And while I am feeling nostalgic, ThankYou everyone for your support this last few months, and especially the past two weeks. Very much appreciated. xxxx

Flight phucking delayed. Oh well time to start planning for my first client tomorrow!!! image Still need a good name folks, I think Kaz o clock training may scare people!!!!!  ;)

• Options
    PC -PC - ✭✭✭

+1 for a T-shirt (L).  Can I have an orange one !

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

+1 FOR XL please

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    PC91 wrote (see)

+1 for a T-shirt (L).  Can I have an orange one !

Noted

Dannirr wrote (see)

+1 FOR XL please

Noted. Dannirr- it's UK sizing if that means anything for you.XL is a 45' chest. L = 43' 

• Options

+1 for me please Emmy.  S or M depending on size.  How do I pay?

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    TartanPimpernel wrote (see)

+1 for me please Emmy.  S or M depending on size.  How do I pay?

They're UK sizing TP so:

XS – (8) S - (10) M - (12)

You can pay me once i've finalised cost and postage. Due to the locations of shipping - it might be slightly different for each of you but i'll do it as cheaply as I can.

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Thanks Emmy - I prefer shirts to be a little big on me.  The Paris XL shirt always feels a bit snug

• Options

Thanks Emmy, I'll go for the S.  I can give the dosh in euros to RR when we meet late June.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Danirr - no problem. That's because it's a french sizing... we're all very complicated on this side of the pond. Every country has it's own sizing - its very frustrating image

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

RS - Things are going very well with my speedy girl.

Engineer - Glad to hear you're ok after your accident. Although looking at that picture I now have severe bike envy!

Kaz - I agree with everyone else here, your kids are great. Have a safe trip home.

• Options

Sounds like everyone had a good weekend.  Congrats to everyone who ran an event. 

As for me, I learned that if you:

1) decide to skip your Sunday morning run because you had a good run on Saturday and are going to start HM training in 2 weeks, or because you are just plain lazy; and

2) eat a large cheese/sausage omelette followed, inexplicably, by a large bowl of frozen yougurt w/ peanut butter...

DO NOT GO FOR  A RUN!  Even after a nap. Even if you start really craving a run.  Hopefully, others will benefit from my stupidity.

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Lwa - did you blow chunks?

For all the itlr orderers we might look at holding back your bcrc tops and bundling them together to save postage.  I'll chat to emmy about it. 

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

RS - It's up to you. The shirts are due to be ready and sent this week for Shrewsbury but I can check and see how quickly they'd be able to print them.

I'll be in Dorset next weekend and could pick up everything then.

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Emmy - have sent you an email. 

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

I thought that it would be a good idea to go for a 10 mile run this morning, after a Hen Weekend.  How wrong could I have been...image  by the time I was at the halfway point I wanted to lie down and cry.  In fact, I texted a few people to have a moan about it.

In happier news, I've just been to see my Easy On The Eye osteopath for the first time in about 6 weeks.  I was telling him all about my weekend while he fiddled with my pelvis...when I got to the bit where I was so enchanted by my gun experience that I dreamed about the gun last night he snorted and told me he's missed me. 

• Options

RS -- I did not blow chunks, but I did feel like I'd been kicked in the stomach several times.

Yer Maj --That sounds truly miserable. I'm sure it sounded like a good idea at the time.

• Options

Weedy -- I will also be running the 4 miler "Run with All Your Hart" on August 10 in Russell Springs, KY in honor of a local runner who went through every runner's worst nightmare:

http://www.kentucky.com/2012/06/14/2224426/state-police-search-for-missing.html

obviously, very sad, but the race got a huge turnout last year, and probably will again. I know it means a lot to her family.  They even had several hundred people do remote/online runs at various locations across the country.

If you want a good cry go to the race site to see her family picture.

http://rts.home.insightbb.com/races/RunWithAllYourHart/2012/hartHome.htm

Sorry, to be a such a downer, but I just signed up this morning and it was on my mind.  Very stunning to the local community as murders are rare here and random victim murders very rare.

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭
    TheEngineer wrote (see)

The bike is bent (not that one, fortunately it was on my road bike) and I'm a bit worse for wear. Luckily I bounce well, and the human body is an incredible piece of engineering. I'm mostly without pain now but have an odd click to my knee when I walk - having an MRI to establish that it's alright and I can return to training in time for IM Switzerland (6 weeks - eek!!).

Fit or not though, I don't think I'd keep up with TJB for 18 miles - that's some cracking running! image

ahh cheers Engineer image -fuelling-wise, i'm keeping the porridge and banana industries afloat at the moment!
  • Options

Engineer - glad you are OK. Is that a bike or a spaceship?? 

I want one!

• Options

LawyerA - a cheese and sausage omelette, you say image? Interesting...but maybe AFTER the run...

That's such a sad story about the runner. My theory is that I'm less likely to be attacked by random strangers because I'm a moving target and actually equipped to run away, but I guess you always have to be on your guard.

TE - nice bike. Doing a few sums yesterday, I reckon even at a conservative estimate there was over a million quid worth of bikes parked up overnight before the race. I hope the security was good. 

• Options

I might add at this point:

Die Hard has just started on Film4. 

Love it: 'California...'

• Options

Points to PC for Mouse Hunt and to Jimbob for Great Escape.

Engineer - glad you're relatively unscathed. Bikes are repairable, people less so.

Aaron - very sad story that. Good that you can help the family a little by doing the run.

Now, time for a bit of Die Hard methinks. Cheers Iain, good spot.

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Mr Maj has a profound disgust for my utter love of Die Hard films image

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Die Hard is a classic. I'm pretty sure not liking Die Hard would be grounds for a divorce!

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭
    Eggyh73 wrote (see)

Die Hard is a classic. I'm pretty sure not liking Die Hard would be grounds for a divorce!

i second that

• Options
    SP13SP13 ✭✭✭

Die Hard must be the same category as Top Gun. And that is not good! Give me an Alien film any time.

• Options
    TrevOTrevO ✭✭✭

Afternoon all you lovely folks.

Not been on here the last couple of weeks due to work and a nice Guinness filled break in Dublin. 

Howis everyone?

I've also been a bit lazy with the running but planning significant improvement starting with a lunch time run shortly.

Has anybody got a good 10k training plan? I have 8ish weeks till the race and want to set a good time given that it's my only current running focus. 

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭
    TrevO wrote (see)

Afternoon all you lovely folks.

Not been on here the last couple of weeks due to work and a nice Guinness filled break in Dublin. 

Howis everyone?

I've also been a bit lazy with the running but planning significant improvement starting with a lunch time run shortly.

Has anybody got a good 10k training plan? I have 8ish weeks till the race and want to set a good time given that it's my only current running focus. 

do 4 runs a week, including a longy at 15-20K on the sunday, 2 x 10K (one at relaxed/recovery pace, one at tempo/target time),  for your 4th run do parkrun, or 5 or 6 miles of jog/sprint/jog/sprint/jog/sprint ......