Options

Do I Dare

1117118119120121123»

Comments

• Options

so, do we need an IM 2010 training thread..????

• Options
    GertieGertie ✭✭✭
    orange cannon wrote (see)

so, do we need an IM 2010 training thread..????

I think that a specific training thread is quite useful especially for the virgins.  For a start it's a good way to 'meet' the other pirates before you do finally meet them in the real world. You can also share your training highs and lows and it's sometimes nice to know that you're not the only person who is having a bad time.

It's also a good that the more experienced Pirates can pop in and give a hug or kick  up the arse when needed ((FB))

One thing I will say though, at some stage people will start logging their training (probably at the New Year).  Do not constantly compare your hours, distances etc with everyone else.  Remember it's your training and it's your life that it has to fit around.  It's quite easy to feel intimdated by the hours others are putting in but you do not know their situation.  They may be starting with  better base fitness, no kids, easy work schedule, that sort of thing. 

• Options
    yeah, the novice thread always looked good i thought.  i think the general thread with experienced IMers who've now known each other for years will inevitably put off or drown out newbies. 
  • Options
    I agree Gertie never compare your training to someone elses.  At the end of the day only you can live your life.  The race is yours and so should your training be.
  • Options
    Gertie (IM not a girl!!) wrote (see)

I think that a specific training thread is quite useful especially for the virgins.  For a start it's a good way to 'meet' the other pirates before you do finally meet them in the real world. You can also share your training highs and lows and it's sometimes nice to know that you're not the only person who is having a bad time.

It's also a good that the more experienced Pirates can pop in and give a hug or kick  up the arse when needed ((FB))

One thing I will say though, at some stage people will start logging their training (probably at the New Year).  Do not constantly compare your hours, distances etc with everyone else.  Remember it's your training and it's your life that it has to fit around.  It's quite easy to feel intimdated by the hours others are putting in but you do not know their situation.  They may be starting with  better base fitness, no kids, easy work schedule, that sort of thing. 

Ditto to wot Girlie said. image
  • Options
    GertieGertie ✭✭✭

Boing.

slightly drunk and a bit melancholic.

Training for 2009:

Swim                  117056m        47.15hrs
    Bike                     2135miles    151.65hrs
    Run                     1019miles    168hrs
    Other(Gym)                                81hrs

Total                                           448hrs

I want to thank  the  Ironman 2009 virgin thread for one hell of a ride. It has been fucking marvelous time

• Options
    WTF-Thats great Gertie, well done, think i would have to move the decimal point over to the left a few times for my total image
  • Options

Wow Gertie!!! Amazing totals!  I haven't got a record of all mine.  I get a bit bored logging them all!  lol

Maybe I need to start!