Options

FRESH'N'LO Great Scottish Run

Comments

• Options

Yet to still run this one, but the price kinda puts me off - but for a competitive field and chance to get a good pb, it's probably worth it.  Next year.

Did anyone hear who won, and/or what the time was?

• Options

Great day had by all. I thought it was a fantastic day. The course is a nice mixture of busy streets and parks and a superb finishing area. Weather was so much better this year.

I was hoping to get under 1.40 as training hadn't been going too well but I managed to get in at 1:33:42 so I'm chuffed to bits.

Sigh me up for next year.

Carlisle next for me although I may have a place in the GNR.

Well done everyone.

• Options
    Did the 10k in 57mins fairly happy but as I had initially entered the half I felt bit disappointed. My pal and I had to hang around for our pals and hubbies who were doing the half. We spent an hour in the massage tent.....Absolutely fab then we were late in getting to finish line to see them crossimage Now I've got to get mileage up for GNR in four weeks but before then Pedal Scotland!!!!
  • Options

See you at pedal for scotland as well Alison.

Well done for all those pb's - my pal got ten minutes faster than he did last year at 1.45!!

Goody bags were good too and I've came away with 3 wee cartons of Fresh n Lo as well/

Went to have my after race treat of giant galaxy bar and some s*ds devoured half of it!! Just have to stick with cheeky wee drink and the other half then - caramel wafer eaten long time ago!! 

• Options

Hail Hail

Stuart - some Kenyan fella won, with David Millar 2nd in 67.02.  I spoke briefly with him - v pleased!  Bobby Gilroy a couple of mins down on him.  Think Lemoncello was 3rd.  Dunno about the ladies. 

• Options
    Any idea when the results will be posted guys?
  • Options

Well done everyone!!!-some Great Running!!image

wee col-Thanks for that  x and well done on your pb!!...image

• Options
    Website says within 7 days but usually afternoon of the day after!! Best bet is Evening Times tomorrow Straycelt.
  • Options
    ps -im on the "antioxidant"too.....mines a nice french red one! image
  • Options

Hi guys hope you all had fun

This is the only race i have ever done twice so i could only get a pb or pw - managed my pb by 2.5min coming in at 2hrs 25min.  Foxxy not sure of his time as he had his head down for a big sprint at the end and forgot to look at the clock so will have to wait and see.

sorry i never got to meet any of you guys - I think i seen you Gillian standing with a group at the corner where the blue muster was when the 10ks were heading off but by the time I seen my friend off you guys had gone so not 100% sure.  Someone also ran past me with a green ribbon on their shoulder - female, black running cropped top and shorts with a great tan but I was really having a bad moment and couldnt get my legs to catch up .

Just want to say thank you to all you guys too, had a good chuckle to myself when i past the cows in pollock park, I could just imagine all you guys having a good old natter to them on the way past.  It def. helped me along  x

• Options
     i think if i remember rightly from the 10k, Results are usually on web site day after the evening times is sent out
  • Options

Usually tomorrow Straycelt, really good to meet you and all the other green ribbon bodies to many to mention.

Running Bhoy, well done, impressive time especially if you kept stopping to blow your nose !!

Me well chuffed 1.55 something I think, not sure if I stopped my watch at the correct moment.   Enjoyed it apart from a bit of a struggle going through mile 8 to 10.  Think I should have got up earlier and had a proper break-fast.

Wee Col well done on a PB. Lets hear it for Jog Scotland.  Think we all got sub 2.

• Options

I had been feeling great during training over the last few weeks thne on Wednsday had a rotten run: struggled to get breath.  Gutted as I felt I was coming down with something.  Decided to abandon training and did nothing.  Had tightness in chest like a chest cold rather than hart probs.  Went to the Docs but no sound of any wheeze.  Blood pressure 110 over 70 (is this good; pulse in - i.e not racing).

I'd done the GSR loads of times previously.  Got up this morning after 4 days of intensive zinc; vit c; medicine; carbs; rehydration etc.  Felt ok.  Ran the half marathon.  17 and a half ins at 2 miles; 40 mins at 5 miles; finished it in 1 hour 40.  A PB (turned 40 this year) so I'm chuffed to bits.  4 mins quicker than last year and 10 quicker than 2 years ago (in thehellish heat). Still trying to take it in.  For the first time ever I folowed a 4/week training prog rather than myown 3/week of previous years. It all helped.  As did the crowds; my choice of music on m MP3.  Wellorganised race as usual.

One disturbing site for me (other than the guy who ran it in basque and sussies - if he was in for the race at all?) was going over the Kingston bridge and seeing a guy almost collapse less than a mile in....I was running in the blue section 

Great effort to all who did half an 10K.  I'm now taking most of the week off and resume training for the GreatNorth Run in 4 weeks time. 

• Options
    Didnt see the guy who collapsed -hope he was ok......i was also 40 mins at 5 miles and finished 8 mins after u ....well done !!!-DID see the guy in the basque and sussies !hee hee!!!...he was right in front of me for a while
  • Options

Lady fox that was me and we were standing at street corner at that time - tan due to running in Menorca every day for 2 weeks and that's it faded!!

Your BP tad low David - i'm an expert non-expert as mine was bad for years before I took up running - hereditary thingy. Perfect reading 120 over 80 with a ten either way fine - too low and you get lethargic.

• Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭

Finally home after a long lunch and drinks with friends. 

Bryan the Snail and Swiss Bobby and I were at the City Chambers in our pirate kit until 9.40, but no forumites to be seen!  Where was everyone?

I spotted Gillian's hair (!) on Paisley Road or whatever it's called, but couldn't catch her. 

Did 2.05, so my best Glasgow half, but not a pb. 

• Options

Well done to everyone who ran - some great times out there!!

Commiserations to everyone who wanted to but couldn't - that can't be fun, but there are lots of other races out there. 

What was the weather like in Glasgow?  It was just perfect racing weather where I was but that can be completely different further west.

Take it easy for a couple of days and then get back on the road.

• Options
    Web site says results pm tomorrow. Fly back 9.00 pm so will get a copy of ET then "Phone home" Where were you pirates? Walked round and round 9.30-9.50 and met 3 or 4 but some very discrete ribbons on hair, wrist etc. so not all obvious. Great forum site. Hope to catch up again on another happy occasion. Anyone heading for Amsterdam, FLM or races south of the Watford gap, may see you there. Thanks all and well done to all on times, keeping each other going and accepting late forum gatecrashers. lol SC
  • Options

Debbo I was there till about 20 past 9 with Col, Bazza ect then we all headed off in different directions. Shame we missed you.  Yes me and my hair (!) were to be seen on Paisley Road heading for the end as fast as possible.

Sorry to see you didn't make id Debstir, see these summer colds, worse than the winter ones.

Neither the field or the support seemed as big to me as in previous years so I'll be interested to see results to see how many turned up.

Bed now, been a busy busy day !!

• Options

Can't sleep! Its either post race excitement or the 2 hour nap I had this afternoon when I got home. image (Well I was up half the night peeing - well hydrated me!)

Have been catching up on the posts. Well done everybody! Great times and stories especially Bhoy, sub 80's are the stuff of dreams!

Sorry you didn't make it Debstir, will look out for you at Aviemore.

Got there latieish and had to hit the loo queue so did not meet with anyone image. Next time I hope.

1:46:31 on the watch for me. It was the first half for my wife and 2 boys. She got approx 2:10 and the boys about 1:50 - none of them were bothering about the time when the finish was in sight image

Great race loved every minute of it.

Horrible sight of the day...... the guy with two streams of blood down the front of his shirt from bleeding nipples...... that and the guy in the sussies!

Look forward to your war stories over the next few days and see who got their picture in the ET.

Cheers

• Options

Finished in 2image6 by my watch (I'll get the paper at lunch time if anyone wants their official time or it should be on the web this afternoon).

Well inside my expected 2:15 and, given the lack of training this year, I'm pleased with the time. It's my second fastest time, from five, for the GSR.

Didn't see the collapse at the first mile (or the guy in sussies, thankfully!) but I was concerned to see three runners down between the 11 mile marker and the finish - hope all are well.

Paris again in April is next for me!

Tommy.

• Options
    Not sure where the smiley came from but my time was 2.06!
  • Options

Well thats the GSR over for another year.

Finished in 1.49 which for me is a little dissapointing since I was hoping for 1.40 seems that all my good times occurred in the first part of the year.  Shouldn't really beat myself up about it cause family said that the time and disappointing run might be due to overtraining, the early start (I did leave at 6.15am) plus got lots of other stuff going on like trying to renovate my new house.

Had trouble with setting the right pace and also felt I had no energy at some points - one of those off days.  Should not complain as in the last two years I've done 5 half marathons and 1 full - which for me is good considering the shape I was when i took up running for the GSR 05. 

I still enjoyed it and but felt like a turkey at the end after getting the tin foil, plus always like the milk and bananas afterwards, as well as that medal.

Had the Green ribbon on and went passed the City Chambers a couple of times but never saw anyone.  I saw Baza in the High Street car park and also he stormed past me just after the two mile mark.

No complaints with the course as there were no bottle necks that affected me.

One thing bothered me, at the start line there was a guy infront of me who had a black tech t-shirt on and a garmin (no problem there) but he had two chips on (on on each ankle) surely someone else is getting a false time as he had their chip.  If thats you then why??

• Options
    Official time 2.06.14 (30 seconds faster than my watch I'll take that!)
  • Options

Weegie,

Can I ask where you got your offical time? I cant see them yet on the GSR website?

Ta 

• Options
    Guess that would be the lunch time edition of the Evening Times, but nothing on their website yet either.
  • Options

Crystal Tips,

They're published in the Evening Times.

If you can't get one, let me know your name and your rough finishing time and I'll check for you.

Tommy.

• Options
    I can feel a list coming on!!!!image
  • Options

Ah, thanks Weegie, I'm in Edinburgh so not much change of getting an Evening Times.  If you have it in front of you the real name is Judith Law, I think my time was 2.10 something.  But if it's a hassle no problem, I can wait till this afternoon and check it out on the website.