Options

Mums Running Club

Comments

• Options

Hey, RFT, long time no see, hope all going well for you and that Sophie is OK, time has gone by so fast, hasn't it?

Yes, we are back in UK for 4 weeks, mainly for work and to introduce Max to the families.  Poor thing has been under the weather since we got back here but he has been a real soldier through it all.

Still waiting for AF.....image, wish she would just get on with it!

• Options

boo to AF, TT!

mad weekend - lots of fun down in devon (visit to National Marine Aquarium, lunch on the Barbican at Cap'n Jaspers and then a Harry Potter craft session with J, and then swimming yesterday) and a halloween party tonight. 

oh and one short run today. my back is stuffed and my knee still playing up. sigh...

happy birthday archie!!

• Options

Phew, has taken me ages to wade through all that!!

I have twin boys aged 4 Harry and Joshua, and a baby girl aged 5 months Sophie Rose. I live in Wiltshire, near M4.

I am def up for meet up, really not bothered what we do, where it is or anything. Would love to meet you all. I am stopping BF in the next two months so no worries there!! image

((PP)). I hope its all OK. I really know how these early scans all feel.

Also TT and AF.

R4T, nice to see you again!!

Had great weekend away, but am now more ill. Coughing up some really dodgey looking stuff, so off to see docs tomorrow hopefully as think I may have a chest infection. Haven't run for another 4 days now. What a nightmare...

Had shocking nights sleep the last two nights. Think S is teething, she has been dreadful, Calpol not touching it either, so trying ibuprofen tonight now we're home. Really want sleep tonight, am sooo tired!!

• Options

((MM)) Hope the doc gets you sorted out and that you get a better night sleep tonight.

TT, I did a test when I was about a week late and it came up negative....you never know! imagemwah hahaha! 

Ouch to Farnie, that sounds grim. 

Still spotting here. The nurse told me to live as I normally would do so I did a 9.5 miler today with a couple of friends. i really enjoyed it. 

Weren't those target balls on dragon's den? 

Talking of things you can't do...I can't touch my toes.

• Options
    oh mm - poor you (()). >whispers< - you could always sneak her 5ml of medised instead of calpol. but don't tell vixo!
  • Options

i can't make pastry either.

i also can't make lump free bisto, or custard from powder!

i definitely can't touch my toes.

and i can't parallel park - altho i can now reverse park. used to be able to parallel park when i lived on a street with no off-road parking but have lost that ability.

• Options

PP - how did you finally discover you were pregnant if you had a negative test?  I'm assuming you did another one - how much later was it?  I'm sitting here with a glass of wine at the moment, 2 negative tests (and they were the expensive digital ones - I had the cheap ones when I tested for Max and they were so inconclusive that I went out and bought these type so I'm never buying the cheap ones again!!) so I am pretty convinced I'm not.............

CM - sounds like a great weekend, are they with you tonight or back at their Dad's?

MM - sorry you are still feeling so bad - for you not to have run for so long, you must be bad!  Hope the doc can sort you out.

Max seems a lot better now, his rash has totally gone and his cough much better, Mr TT is feeling really rough now though, has lost his voice and we have an important meeting tomorrow image.  He thought last night when he went to bed that he was about to see the back of it but it is much worse today.

Oooh, I feel really chuffed because I CAN touch my toes and I CAN make pastry.  I can't swim the crawl though or ever come anywhere in top 2/3 of a race!

Oh, and apparently I can't tell if I'm pregnant or not!

• Options
    Umm, we've been known to use the odd dose of medised here - seems to work very well for colds and stuffed up noses!

RB - glad you pulled that one back from the brink! You've obviously been going to the wrong hospitals - plenty of dishy doctors around if you know where to look!! (although I definitely wouldn't include myself of course!).

Would be good to try and arrange a meet-up - although in the nicest possible way I'm keeping everything crossed that June won't be possible for me!!

We haven't had any trick or treaters tonight - lots of maltesers and buttons for me and hubby to work our way through now! Hope everyone has had a peaceful Halloween and not been plagued by any tricks.
  • Options
    Hmm, I can sometimes make pastry but it invariably goes wrong if people are coming round, and unlike some on here I'm absolutely useless at all foreign languages! I can touch my toes though!

Hope all the poorly people feel better soon. We seem to be bouncing from one virus to another at the moment - no fun at all!
  • Options

No trick or treaters here either but then I am in a tiny cul de sac in a tiny village in Mid-Wales. When I lived in a town I would have hours of knocking from about 5pm to 10pm every yr.

We went to my sis who always has a party to compensate for not allowing her kids to go out and so when we got home I took the boys to the neighbours to show off their costumes. Both neighbours were armed with sweets and were amazed when I declined them (we just wanted to call not get a treat).

MM-hope the lurgy clears up!

TT- forgot about your travels, could be the change in routine/ body clock has thrown your cycle? 

I can't touch my toes either & I definately can't do the splits despite trying on & off since I was about 4.... 

CM- I had a friend once who had never seen instant custard & was really surprised when the powder changed from white to yellow !!!! My Nan always mixes it with a fork then adds a knob of butter?!

Running club this morning, don't think I ate enough because it was a hilly 6 which felt like a mountainous 10....  

• Options

vixo - Isabelle is over 2 now though, isn't she? whereas S is only 5 months. and medised is now only licensed for 2+ (whereas when J was born you could give it from 3 months...)

i have at various points in the past been able to touch my toes but not know because my back is stuffed.

kids are back at their dad's tonight. image but we have had a great weekend and i even got to spend some decent time with J on mon and tues, as well as fri, sat and sun because he wasn't at school this week.

E has started clinging to me when T is around.  we were all together at the halloween party because it was in the local village hall near the family home, so T came along and we did the hand-over there. in the past she would always have run off to be with T because she hadn't seen him since Fri morning, but this time she cried and clung to me every time he came towards her.  I know she is fine as soon as she is away from me (bit like the tears at nursery drop-off syndrome), but it is hard to witness.

• Options
    CM - that sounds really hard. It's bad enough dropping them at nursery when they're like that. We used medised from about 3 months onward - the local pharmacy still had some bottles labelled for 3+ months and didn't ask any questions when I bought it. I know some paediatricians who are very anti it, but on the occasions we've used it does seem to have helped her sleep!
  • Options

vixo - what are their reasons for being anti it? i have heard two schools of thought - one is that parents were using it effectively to drug their kids to sleep; and the other that parents weren't aware that it contained paracetamol so were overdosing their kids by giving them calpol and medised.

yes, it is hard to see E like that.  in the past, she would always cling to the parent she hadn't seen. so if T was picking her up from mine, she would run to him and cling to him and if I tried to kiss her goodbye or give her a hug, she wouldn't want to be taken away from him.  it would be the same when i went to pick her up from T's. she wouldn't want him to hug or kiss her goodbye.

but in the last week or 10 days, whenever we have done a handover (and we don't do many because the nanny does most of the transfers after school so T and I only see each other on a Fri morning and Sun night), she has clung to me. so even when she has been with me for a whole weekend and it is time to hand her over to T, she has still clung to me.

it is upsetting.  but i am trying to rationalise it by thinking that actually kids scream far more and cling far worse at nursery and you are always told just to walk away because the kid is fine as soon as you are gone.  so i just keep telling myself that.  it is just odd that she is now clinging only to me and not to T, though.  but at least for me it means that i know she wants to be with me (at the moment), which is a relief!!

• Options
    ChynahChynah ✭✭✭

Think Medised is now 6 years+ although we have been known to use a sneaky little dose for colds.  Heard the same reasons as CM as to why the age limit has changed.

I cant make pastry or cook too well, or swim crawl but I can touch toes (can actually get palms of hands flat on floor!) and I can parallel park.

• Options

Had a fab drunken time in Glasgow, I really love that city.  Helped by the blue sky and sunshine - I probably wouldn't be so pro if it blowing a hoolie and pissing it down which it so often is.

Not read back, so hope all ok.  We have 1 bottle of medised, bought when M was new, and it says 3m+, but I do know if I ever want to buy more I shall have to tell porkies.  I used it on myself a while back when I was ill, and boy did it send me to sleep.  However, I did try it on M on our last flight to America and she was demon child from hell - so whether the medised made it worse or not, who knows!  Not given it to her since!

Pants are going on after swimming today.........bye bye nappies image

• Options

I used Medised on the boys when they were teething and had bad colds from 3 months. I saw the age had gone up to 6 years too. I found it very useful, and really helped the boys as they used to get so stuffed up. Maybe I will go and buy some and lie. Bad Mummy!!

She did sleep better last night. I didn't though up coughing my guts up. Hubbie had no sympathy. Needed some Medised!! image

Glad you had a good time Caro. I would love a girlie weekend away.

Boo to no kids CM. Soon be your turn though.

((PP)) Keep positive. TT I suspect you aren't pregnant. As the others have said maybe the time change affected you?

I'm not much good at pastry either or cheese sauces. I make custard in the microwave, seems to take the lump issue away!!

I can however touch my toes, I can swim front crawl and butterfly and do come 2nd and 3rd in races and sometimes even 1st!!

Had a few trick or treaters last night. I don't give the boys sweets so had a huge bag of the sweets they have been given over the year to get rid of. Got rid of most!! image

Right nursery run, then tesco man should be here, then need to ring docs. So catch up later...

• Options

CC re the previous chat re STV dropping programmes - this is interesting STV

I can't swim crawl.  I can park but only if there is no one on the pavement or in a car behind waiting.  Then I lose all ability.  I can touch my toes pretty well.  I can cook but only by recipe and I have never tried pastry.  I can't do a proper snatch with kettlebells either.  My PT despairs of me - I can snatch up ok but I have to do a 2 stage drop back down because otherwise I think I am going to fall on my face!

• Options
    PS Caro good luck with the no nappies post swimming.  Lou always swallowed half the pool so we had many an accident post swim!!
  • Options

Hmm. I can park if I reverse into the space if that makes sense. Parallel parking is all luck!! image

Can't see docs until 4.15pm which means taking 3 children with me. Arrhhh!!!

• Options
    Yes and I agree with EF. Joshie goes to the loo all day after swimming even now when he can swim better.
  • Options

Caro, your girlie weekend sounds great, I have 2 of my closest friends from university coming this weekend - one has a 5 year old boy and the other is pregnant, so won't be our usual boozy time but really looking forward to seeing them.

MM - can't believe you still haven't kicked your lurgy - hope you  can get rid of it soon.

Still no AF (sorry to go on about this but  I'm starting to wonder what to do).  I'm now 6 days overdue and even by fairly irregular standards this is a long way overdue.  Average has been 25/26 days for the last few months.  At what point do you think I should go to the doctor if it still hasn't come?

• Options

Hi Everyone!

Still a regular lurker nad enjoy keeping up to date with all goings on,

Just popped in to post to TT - TT, pregnancy tests haven't given the true answer on both my pregnancies. (on the first one I even handed my notice in because it said negative, to later learn I was actually pregnant).  Anyhoo, both times I was 4 weeks late on my AF before positive showed.  That was with expensive and cheap tests!   I know the tests say 99.9% accurate and its so unlikely to be in th.1% twice, but thats how it was for me!

• Options
    Thanks Novice, I guess I just have to be patient.  Not one of my best attributes unfortunately!  My head keeps flip flopping wildly between 'of course you're not pregnant, you've done 2 negative tests' and 'oh my god, I'm nearly a week overdue now, I MUST be'.  I'm letting myself think far too much about it, must just 'forget' it and get on with some work!
  • Options
    TT go for a fast jiggly run.  I was 7 days overdue a couple of months ago but tests all negative.  A 10K race and AF was there within hours.  Watch out tho, the next month my cycle was 21 days!!  I'd say give it another week and if still no AF and still no positive test then go to the doc.  My friend said she was 6 weeks before positive test with her eldest.
  • Options

TT - i was 9 days late (and this from someone who is always 26 days) earlier this year.  the next cycle was then 17 days (which equated to 2 x 26 day cycles!)

hi novice - how are things?

just been for a run in the hills. i know it was a bit mad because my back is stuffed and that is causing my knee problems.  but i ran 4 miles yday and it all felt ok this morning (well - back is stuffed, but ok within the realms of stuffed-ness). and so i just did 5.5 in the hills. back still stuffed - knee still ok.  fingers crossed!

• Options

Thanks EF and CM, the body is a weird thing, isn't it?  I shall try to forget about it for another week and if AF still hasn't arrived do another test then.

• Options

TT - if you can forget about it, then do.  i was like you - couldn't think of any reason why my period would be THAT late if i wasn't pregnant. i got myself into a right old state about it which probably only made it worse!

• Options

Ooh good luck Caro, let us know how you get on!

TT - hard not to obsess about it isn't it, hope AF turns up for you soon, or you test positive!

CM - must be so tough seeing E like that but I think you are doing a great job of staying positive and realistic.

We survived our first weekend away together, although I am totally knackered today as N is not sleeping well.  He didn't seem to enjoy the travel cot (he did look tiny in it!) but S loved her bed at Grandma's house!  They travelled pretty well too, S got bored but was good in general.  Off to Suffolk on Saturday to do it all again! image

• Options

TT - have everything crossed for you.

I used to find flying, particularly 6 hours plus, could knock my cycle off. Almost like my body says to me 'I sense you're on holiday so I won't spoil your enjoyment by turning up on schedule even though you have packed the sanitary section of Boots into your case in preparation'.

On the list of things I cannot do - cannot make pastry (and have no inclination to - far too difficult), cannot consistently sub 8mm miling, cannot play the piano (despite badgering my mother for piano lessons for most of my youth) and cannot ever understand instruction leaflets that come with self-assembly anything.  Oh, and the final two cannots - cannot get my husband to learn to drive, and cannot get my daughter to listen to a bloody word I say image