Options

Mums Running Club

Comments

• Options
    ((CM)) just to echo what everyone else has said - you are a great mum and it is madness that the kids aren't with you. You found the strength to leave him and with time, I am sure you will find the strength to fight. Great to have Camlo on here for insider info and I hope that this is something you can pursue. Thinking of you x

Caro - hope the test comes back clear and well done M on the poo!

Lotte. - go for it! If there's still a chance, then give it a go image

Anj- glad to hear you arrived safely, but poor L! That must've been so scary image Glad she's OK now though, amazing how quickly they bounce back.

CC - poor show from orienteering man, that. Would've thought he'd be interested in motivating as opposed to putting people off?!

Camlo - well done on the triathlon, I am well impressed image we should sort out a meet-up one of these days if you're ever around in Welshpool area. JP would like some new friends image

Hefty - good job on the 10k, 66 mins is good going. I haven't done a 10k for ages now, always seems to be the distance that passes me by! Should have a go really.

Running club tonight, did 6 miles total with some mustering back for the slower ones. 2 of the mile splits started with 8 so I am happy. Pooped now though, off to bed!
  • Options

Hi all,

Have been reading along but no time to post much. Did my second post-baby run last night and while it felt much more comfortable and faster over all I can't deny I had some SPD pain again and I think it was a little bit worse than the first run. Will keep an eye on it. 

Have entered the local Race for Life 5K - like Hetty I don't want to enter something I might come last in! It's on 3rd July when Julian will be 4 weeks old - fingered crossed he'll be happy to take some expressed milk by then but if he isn't at least that will spur me on to finish quickly in case my baby is crying for his mamma! Am simply aiming to be able to run the distance but if I have to stop and walk at least it's the kind of race that contains zero pressure to perform well (they don't even time you apparently - will time myself of course). 

Anj - enjoy your travels image I'm Australian and loved our driving/camping holiday as a kid especially up in the tropics. Are you going to get across to Darwin/NT? Well worth it if you can manage it. 

Right, back to the little darlings... image

• Options
    Hubby forgot to put M's nappy on last night.......fortunately I came home from pilates and checked on her - she was on the floor and the bed was rather soggy. She was fine whilst we changed her and the bed, and went straight back to sleep fortunately. I'm glad it was him that did it rather than me - I have been so close to forgetting rather a lot lately!
  • Options
    CM - that's fab running! I've done 5.8 miles this wk image going to do another 3 today.

Lotte really hope you can still go for the island games - it seems such a fun thing, and a shame to miss out.
  • Options

oh my God that was an awful night, felt sick so tried to go straight to sleep but stomach startd cramping and I was alternating between being crouched in bed with a bottle and hunched over the toilet being sick. No idea what started it (duck egg and asparagus for supper????) and totally wiped out this morning but have 2 presentations/ teaching sessions today which I really don't want to reschedule so going to go in. Hopefully I'll be able to keep my tea down and I'll just try to keep sessions short.

ggrrrrr image

• Options
    oh no, camlo. you been eating beansprouts?
  • Options
    MinksMinks ✭✭✭

Thanks for noticing I've not been around.  Things are just crazy here with work - conference next week (which I'm responsible for organising and running) and we were away all weekend doing a10-mile canoe challenge in Shropshire - dressed as pengins!  Great fun and raised loads of money for charity.

Haven't really read back but just wanted to say CM - you MUST summon the courage to do as Camlo suggests.  I know you've been through a hell of a lot and it must be SO hard but you HAVE to do this for the kids' sake and for yours.  Chin up.

Lotte, fab news if you can still go for the Island Games.  As others have said, you may be surprised how little speed and fitness you've lost.  When I ran 3:23 at FLM in 2006 it was after 3 weeks off because of injury (probably a total of 10 miles in that three weeks) and I seriously questioned whether to pull out, but decided to go for it and still got a really good PB.  I was surprised at how fresh I felt.  So don't write it off.

Anjelicals, SO feel for you with Leila.  I try not to think about Kit's stitches last year as it was the most horrible experience I've ever been through but I know exactly how you must have felt.  And Leila wasn't under anaesthetic which must have been awful.  Having to hold Kit down whilst he was being anaesthetised was dreadful but at least he wasn't awake while being stitched - he needed 13 stitches and the cut was extremely deep so couldn't have done it other than under general.  Luckily it was in his head so his hair completely covers it and other than a slight ridge when you run your fingers across his scalp, you'd never know it had even happened.  Hope you're all OK and it doesn't spoil the rest of your time in Thailand.  I've been where you are and it's beautiful!

Caro, glad you're back running again!  Slowly, slowly ...

Can't promise I'll be able to post much over the next week or so, and then we're off to Spain for two weeks on 19th (need to try and sort some swimwear in my lunch break today!) so I probably won't be back here properly until after that, although will try to dip in a bit before we go.

• Options
    Actually it isn't a balance bike - it's a normal bike with 14in wheels. I'm sure balance bikes are good but, knowing LB, he wouldn't have been happy with a bike without pedals so we skipped that stage.
  • Options
    Yuck Camlo - hope you're better soon and it isn't contagious.......

Have a nice holiday Minks. we're not going till Sept, which still seems a long way away......but planning our 3 days in the new forest in 2 wks time, as long as the forecast isn't dire.

Just did another 3 miles image It was hot! and now it's chucking it down, good timing!

Right, need to order a curtain pole for the loft room.
  • Options

Minks, I thought of you actually when Leila cut her head. It is truly a horrible experience, but they do bounce back quickly. She went to have her dressing changed earlier and was so brave. It is a completely different exp here. In and out within 10 mins and it cost 150 baht which is £3. i hope you have a lovely holiday. Google some bikinis online. My fave one I got from a surfy type website and is much better quality than the next one I bought.

camlo - sounds yucky. Hope you feel better. I just ate a banana pancake from a street seller, so hoping I don't get an icky tummy too! image

CC - yes, looking forward to comparing notes about campervanning. Maybe we need some tips from TB. also, am envious about the west coast of scotland believe it or not. Hubby says it is beautiful.

Sarah, our next stop after a few days in Singapore is Darwin. We hope to do Kakadu and Litchfield. Any other ideas are greatly welcomed, as they are for the rest of australia!!

RB - cute pics on fb of LB. I hope I can get Leila a cheap 2nd hand bike when we are in Oz. I am so worried about her missing out on the things like riding a bike and playing with proper toys. There aren't any floods here. We have had a little rain, but they are short sharp showers and then sun rather than prolonged rain.

Lotte - go for it with the island games. Rather regret doing it rather than always wonder what if!!

right, I lost a huge post a while ago so going to post this, and then get back to my vodka & tonic... night all x

• Options

We also skipped balance bikes RB and my boys have both been cycling properly since they were 3.5 and 4.

Go for it Lotte, does that mean your team mate also back in?

Will post more later, babysitter here and I'm off to pilates. Oh joy, hate it but it does me so much good image!

• Options

How do I find everyone on facebook?

TT ;0)

• Options
    Caro - when are you heading down this way? We are considering some camping at the other end of the summer, but no plans to go away anywhere more exotic - am jealous seeing all the pictures of sunny places and warm seas!

CM - do you know what T is going to do about childcare when the nanny finishes? How long is her notice period? Your week away sounds like good fun. We had a good long weekend with our friends as the children are definitely at the age where they entertain themselves together and need less input - and always nice to have someone to share a glass of wine with once they're in bed!

CC - you're definitely made of tough stuff going in the sea! Can't remember the last time I swum in the sea in this country - probably not since I was a teenager, although we don't tend to go on beachy holidays, and the sea around Southampton is not particularly savoury as all working docks!! Having said that, I have just remembered that i used to do quite a lot of open water tri training in the sea nearby, and did a whole aquathlon series off bournemouth beach a few years ago, so it's not quite as long ago as I thought.

Tatty - meant to say ages ago, that your hair looks fab. I'd love to have mine shorter but it's quite curly when left to its own devices so I think I need to be able to tie it back to tame it. Sometimes I'd love to have straight hair that just dries as you want it to.

RB - how's LB getting on with his bike? That's the one we're going to get for isabelle - and I think the one CC has for scarlett. We had planned to wait until Christmas but I think we're going to get it this summer when she's more likely to get time on it and therefore get used to it. She's super speedy, and slightly mental, on her balance bike, and the saddle is almost as high as it can go, so I hope she'll get the hang of the pedals pretty quickly.

I've been having a quiet week after a few really busy ones. Am now 39+1, so just waiting for things to kick off! Had a scan last week as my bump was measuring small - wasn't particularly concerned as had the same thing last pregnancy - and all looked within normal limits and it was head down and ready to go. Hubby was supposed to be on a course in Manchester today but didn't go - not because he was worried I'd go in to labour while he was away, but because he couldn't really face getting up super early to drive there!! I did about 30 minutes on my turbo trainer this morning to keep my legs turning over, and then my pregnancy yoga DVD - really looking forward to getting running again now!
  • Options
    2 weekends time Vixo - Sat24th I think, only for 3 nights, and only if the weather looks good! No point spending 3 days miserable in the rain. Come and say hi with the new baby image Look forward to hearing new. When's PP due?
  • Options
    TT - there is a Runners World Running Mums! group that was set up so you should be able to find everyone through that!
  • Options
    TT - i have PM'd you my email address on here. If you search for that on FB, you should find me. I will then suggest you the running mum friends.
  • Options
    Hmmmm, let me see.....sea temps in Septempber.......would I prefer the North Sea or the Med? Tough one.........You're nuts CC! You and my husband would get on well with the whole swimming in the sea in ridiculous temperatures thing.
  • Options

We've put our fire on tonight too CC. Your FB pics are lovely too. Scarletts hair has gotten so long. The sea here never gets anything remotely close to warm!

Minks - good to hear from you. We want photos of your penguin canoe!! Hope the conference goes well and you cenjoy your well deserved break.

CC - shame about the Northumberland race but yes does sound like bad timing with the holidays. Will look forward to hearing about the Speyside Way race, its on my to do list for next year!

Camlo - (()) hope you are feeling better.

Also (()) for JT. Its not like you to sound down, hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Vixo - well done on the turbo. Looking forward to hearing your baby news soon! Yes wonder if PP has popped yet?

Well after feeling pretty positive about the foot for the last week I went for a run yesterday while the twins were at nursery and had a bit of an argument with a bus which resulted in me having to take a leap into the verge/ditch to avoid being run over. I think as I jumped and pushed off I have aggrevated my big toe joint and it hurts again. Bah. Idiot bus driver and it shows how vulnerable the foot still is. Just have to see what happens in the next two weeks. Can't remember who asked but yes my team mate will still go to . 

Did a daft thing today - after doing 20 miles on the road bike this morning I went out for a cycle with the twins at lunchtime and ended up doing another 10 miles towing them .My quads were screaming by the time I got home. Its all undulating/hilly around here too!

School sports day tomorrow. I had been asked to help on the day - fair enough! Then our Active schools co-ordinator asked if I could be there as a representative for the Island Games team and as an inspiration to the kids (?!) as they think it will help encourage kids to be involved in sport when they see what people they know can achieve. Then yesterday she collared me and said I had to be at the school at 9am for a special sports assembley where me, and 3 others, have to talk a wee bit about our sports and answer questions -  WHAT! I do not do public speaking even to a hall full of kids and teachers! Can't believe I have been roped into this.

• Options

TT - well, i've done something. not sure what. i tried to suggest friends for you but it looks like it sends them to the friends i selected rather than to you.

so everyone, if you get a friend request from someone you don't recognise via me, it's for TangyT!

• Options

Thanks CM have sent you a friend request.

My darling daughter has finally fallen asleep on the living room floor about an hour ago with her duck cushion and a dressing gown 'blanket', she was wide awake and causing havoc after sleeping from 5:30pm last night til 7:30am this morning. She has managed to empty every toy box before falling asleep though so guess I better go tidy it all up. She had her 1st nursery visit yesterday, starts properly in August, and loved it. Couldn't get her to leave. She is in the same group as other little girl I childmind so knows her teacher already and was perfectly happy. Can't wait to be able to run every afternoon and no more squeezing run in between finishing work and making dinner and feeling guilty if dinner is not til after 6:30 (especially when C decides to fall asleep at 5:30 like she did last night). Her sleeping been all to pot the last week, napping in afternoon/evening which she hasn't done for ages and then up to all hours, hoping her marathon sleep last night is an end to it and she'll go back to 8:30ish to 7:30.

TT ;0)