Options

Mums Running Club

Comments

• Options

CM-Oh E looks so much like my eldest daughter when she was a tot, the glasses/the blonde hair/the bunches, so cute!

TT ;0)

• Options

Wow never realised how many of us there are, this is going to be weird matching up all the names and faces image.

TT ;0)

• Options

Think I have matched all my replies so far except Wendy??? Anyone tell me Wendy's alias?

TT ;0)

• Options
    I always forget who Wendy is too!

CC - I'd be the one on the beach wrapped in the picnic blanket egging you on, and maybe dipping my big toe in the water as moral support.

Hubby went off the coast of Northern Ireland in April last yr. He also frequents the Essex Riviera, and has a book called Wild Swimming (think there was a tv series once) which shows good rivers for swimming in.

LOtte - my idea of hell! Hope I never get called into school to talk about my oh so exciting career! I don't think I could feign enough enthusiasm.

Work again - yawn. Why do Thursdays always come so fast?
  • Options

TT You're my friend now! Wendy is Trendy, but I haven't seen or heard from her for a long time.

Vixo Yes, LB LOVES his new bike. It's gorgeous. Even better than it looks on their website. Everything is perfectly scaled and works beautifully. If you are a bike fetishist (which I think you are), you won't be disappointed. Don't wait till Xmas! Yikes 39+1 - I'm listening for a popping sound coming from your direction.

• Options

TT - i think i forgot MM. her firstname and surname begin with M, so she should be easy enough to spot if you look at the list of my friends. i probably forgot others too, so you may end up getting people suggested to you. i know that there are at least a couple of others who are in the 'group' but who don't post on here any more and i don't have them as friends. LizzyB is one.

good luck, lotte. i'm sure you'll do grand!

• Options
    It's the Yves that confuse me on Facebook!
  • Options

vixo-I have Yve down as Y***** L*****, don't know if that is correct.

Rest of my list goes like this:-

CM- L***** H*****

Tallbird- T**** M****

Janie Tri- J*** H*****

Cragchick- F****** B******

lotte32- C******** B****

carovet- C******** F****

vixo- V******* H********

tatty bogle- K****** A******

RunningBear- Bruin Bear

Angelicals- A***** B***

Mitchie Moo- M******* M******

Karen73R- Karen R***

TurboTid- C***** D*****

Trendy- W**** B********

Cher- Cher W*******

If I have anyone wrong apologies, just let me know who you are through facebook and I'll correct it.

TT ;0) (T**** P******-C******)

• Options

Hey TT - you've "outed" me! Everybody will know who I am now.

• Options
    Yes....the Yves are confusing because it's my name on here but someone else's actual name (sorry, don't want to out anyone so better not say who but they are not on your list above....)
  • Options
    Have just added you too, I'm always confused by the names!
  • Options
    Those all sound right TT.

Yve - I had a confusing few days trying to work out why yours and the other Yve's children suddenly seemed to have different names!

Ugh, there was a sign up at nursery saying they'd had a case of head lice so I dutifully combed through isabelle's hair, and sure enough there were some there - really tiny ones so i guess recently hatched. Fairly inevitable to have them at some point I suppose but I feel irrationally a bit sad that my baby has lice!! She wasn't at all impressed at the combing either - and we have to repeat it another 3 times over the next few weeks (perfect timing!). Entertainingly though, she initially thought I said she had mice in her hair, which may have contributed to some of the distress!
  • Options

LOL RB!

Kinsey - assuming you are C******** F*****?

TT ;0)

• Options
    So is the approach to lice these days a no chemical one?  With just combing?  Matilda would HATE that - we get such tatrums just with brushing.
  • Options

Vixo-LOL at mice in her hair.Hope you manage to get them all cleared up without her hair being ruined, would be interested to know what method you use to get rid and how successful and effect on condition of her hair, for future reference.

So far neither me, Nat or Cam have ever had head lice despite being exposed to children with it, I have convinced myself that head lice just don't like some heads and we are effectively immune, don't know if that is really the case or just been lucky. 

TT ;0)

• Options
    Interesting TT, I don't remember ever having had lice either, and I know friends had them when I was a child. My hair would be an absolute nightmare to comb througgh properly, so hope they stay away!

The stuff I've read says that lots of the lice are resistant to the chemicals now, and that they're not pleasant to put on your head to start with either. I've got a 'bug busting kit' which comes with a couple of combs. You comb through every 5th day for two weeks which breaks the cycle and gets rid of them. Hair has to be wet as it stops them moving. I did it while Isabelle was lying playing in the bath, but could probably also get her out, sit her on my lap wrapped in a towel and try watching tv or something like that? Luckily she's still got little girl hair which is quite fine, and her head isn't too big, so wasn't too much of a nightmare - but not sure what she'll say when I try and do it again! I'm not at all keen on the noxious chemicals, particularly if they may not work, so think we'll stick with combing which is effective as long as you do it right.
  • Options
    I remember having lice LOADS as a kid, and the nurse at school applying the chemicals.  Have heard that frontline kills them (animal flea stuff) but wouldn't know the dose, or whether a child was a dog or a cat!
  • Options
    No Caro!! You wouldn't put frontline on your child surely?! Just squeeze it on at the scruff of their neck like on animals?! I haven't even been keen to frontline the cats whilst pregnant - insecticides just aren't nice things. (I have had to do the cats though, as despite reminding my husband about 10 times it just doesn't seem to be something that's on his radar - he's quick to point out when he thinks they've got fleas though, and it's easy to see since they're all white!)
  • Options

LOL to frontline Caro.

Have heard people say to put a little conditioner in the hair to make combing easier, but not sure it that makes it easier to get lice out or if makes them stick to hair???

TT ;0)

• Options

Have visions of Caro chasing M round the house trying to squeeze frontline in her hair image

TT ;0)

• Options

More for the list;_

Minks- D***** H*****

Monkey Runner- A***** F****

TT ;0)

• Options
    If it's that bad I guess I shouldn't be putting it on the cat either!  (note to self, cat due flea treatment!)
  • Options
    Imagine if they had a reaction to it and you had to take your child to the doctor and confess you'd put flea treatment on them - that's the kind of story that gets repeated when doctors get together!!

TT -definitely conditioner before combing. It actually wasn't too bad, and her hair looks lovely today! I did a rough comb through mine but didn't find anything. Will repeat when we do hers at the weekend to check, but my head has been feeling very itchy - purely psychological I'm sure!
  • Options

Right better get off my bum, no nursery today (morning group are away on their trip) so we are having a lazy day, kids have been running round garden, making the usual mess in living room including the obligatory 'rip a load of wildflowers to bits all over the sofa' (making tea apparently) and watching night garden (for all of 30 seconds). So we are going to McDonalds for lunch (no cooking for meimage) and off to the local country park/petting zoo for the afternoon (burn off the McDonalds)before picking up all the other kids from school at 3. Then it's rocky road krispie cake making bonanza with 5 kids joined by 2 teenagers at 4pm.

Half day tomorrow though as Nat getting two awards at school, came 3rd in her year at computing and 2nd in her year at biology, very proud mummy image! So I finish at 1pm when take F to nursery so can attend awards ceremony.

TT ;0)

• Options
    I guess that's true Caro. But I can't imagine the cats would thank me for trying to comb them for fleas on a regular basis - although I find it quite satisfying to do once in a while when I give them a good brush to get rid of all the moulting fur!
  • Options

My head itchy now too vixo, just talking about them does that.

TT ;0)

• Options
    I'd better get going too. Am picking Isabelle up from nursery before lunch, taking her swimming, to meet my parents for lunch in town, and then to see her favourite friend later this afternoon for tea - figured I should do some fun stuff with her before her little world is rocked on its axis!! Hubby then off out later to a folk evening with a friend that they've been trying to get to for ages - they suddenly realised that if they didn't go sooner there wouldn't be a later in the near future! So no going in to labour for me today or I'll upset my whole family!!
  • Options

hello

Vixo -that is not funny about the head lice but its very funny she thought she had mice in her hair!!!!! We've managed to avoid it so far but I guess it won't be long.

Oh can I join you all on facebook also???

Anj- oh am sooooo jealous your in thailand, I love it there. Been a couple of times, its fab. Not so nice to the head injury, poor thing, hope its healing well. I would also be distraught at my child having stitches.

CM - stay strong. Good advice from others here. I too would be very angry with your situation. You are doing your best for your babies. (((())))

Lotte - hope you make the games and good luck.

Now what has everyone else said...............have forgotten. Have been trying to keep up but don't know where the time goes.

Climbed a munro, Ben Wyvis at the weekend and it was amazing. But oh my legs, the agony. Today is the first day they feel alright! Managed a 3 miler last night though and it was fine.

Organising a naming ceremony for M for a week sat. so lots to do.

Wow Sarah well done on the running so soon, be careful though.

JT - hope your feeling happier today, I have days like that also.

Sorry can't remember anything else; hi to you all though image

• Options

RF- i have messaged you my email address so you can search for me and add me as a friend on FB. i will then suggest you to everyone else.

TT - did I forget Chynah? She is Y** G******

kids with T last night and tonight. i skived off work for an hour to take E to her waterbabies lesson and spoke to the nanny. she told me that she had arrived at T's this morning and both kids naked. J screaming his head off and crying his eyes out. he wanted this; didn't want that; didn't want to go to school; didn't want breakfast; wanted a smoothie; didn't want the smoothie to drip out of the straw etc. she said he was hysterical. it got to 8am and still neither was dressed and E wandering around eating toast in a nappy and she was starting to panic about getting J to school by 9 (as it can sometimes take an hour to get across town in the morning).

J was hysterical, so in the end T had to dress him himself and take him to school (first time he has EVER done this) because he couldn't get him to co-operate and he was crying so much.

my heart sank as she was telling me this. and i have been so anxious all morning.

J is going through a phase at the moment of saying he doesn't want to do everything. the thing to do is ignore him. it's hard especially when you are on a tight timescale.

but having refused all breakfast, at 7.55am he demanded bacon and eggs. which T then cooked him. FFS... they have to leave by 8.05am. he then insisted on a smoothie. which T gave him. only a bit dripped out of the straw so he started screaming saying he didn't want it and he wanted another one. so T gave his one to E and got him another one. OMG... then of course that one started dripping too, so more screaming.

i know a) it's none of my business and b) i won't be able to hear all of this soon because the nanny will no longer be working for T, so i won't get to hear what goes on in the mornings when he is trying to get them ready.

but this has done my anxiety no good at all. i am so upset and feeling so anxious for J. i think he is pushing boundaries with all this 'i don't want'. i must say to him 20 times a day 'it's not all about what you want'. but with T, he tries to give him exactly what he wants and the demands get more and more ridiculous until he works himself into such a state.

don't know how to process this. feeling so desperate...