Options

Mums Running Club

Comments

• Options

Sorry girls I did go and head was fine. I think it helped reduce the egg a bit actually. I only did 1.5 miles with the lads then backed off as have a race on Sat anyway. Quite nice to run at 7:30s on club run and chat instead of eyeballs out!!

Lip is worst thing, as so sore when I eat, but obviously need to eat so its been a tough old day on that front. Head is sore to touch but otherwise now fine.

My guys have raisins, very occasionally choc and practically never sweets. Crisps is a practically never too. We sometimes have them with a beer at the weekend or sometimes take on picnics. They only have squash and biscuits at one group on tues, but once they start school that will be never, they have fresh juice or milk for breakfast or with other meals, but never in between, only water. They don't eat much fruit, in fact I have to suggest it, but tonnes of veg. The do have yoghurts with their meals though, so thats fine I think. They brush teeth themselves in the morning as its one less job for me, in fact I don't really do much for them at all anymore, and I brush at night just to be sure they've had one good brush a day. Dentist said their teeth were fab last week.

I drink plenty of wine Lotte. Nought wrong with it, in fact when I don't drink before a training session or race I think I'm worse as I think about my running more image...We try to restrict to weekends only, but this week succumbed to some red stuff on weds as hubbie had finished his exams. Hubbie had two beers last night too, but I didn't image. Won't drink too much tonight either as have 5 mile race tomorrow afternoon.

Lotte, be proud. The boys have a race on Sunday, just 0.5 miles at local fun run. Weather forecast looks awful though for Sunday, so might have to play it by ear and not mention it again until Sunday morning.

Good luck in your half TB. PB on the cards for sure.

• Options
    Morning all,

Maggie seems to be having a lie in so I'm at a loss as what to do with myself! Should be in bed as I'm so tired but couldn't get back to sleep after hubby got up at 6.

Good to hear from you TT. Is life very busy stateside? Hope you're not working too hard. Was also thinking of lack of posting from PP. If Vixo is 39 wks she must be due any day too? (and if I remember rightly baby no. 1 was early..)

Haven't been posting recently as I am such a big grump at the moment! Constant morning sickness (all day sickness really) that I'm not coping with very well at all. But I don't want to whinge as I really wanted to get pregnant. I guess it is just such a shock after last time when I had absolutely no sickness, just slightly off tastebuds and the desire to nap!
    Work is very tough atm, especially when pretending I feel fine all the time. I have to give an 1hr lecture in 2 weeks which I haven't prepared yet (cannot find the time to research and draw 40 slides) and I'll probably feel sick during!
    See, I'm whinging again! Promise I'll stop now image

Camlo- hope you're feeling better. Had flu at christmas and it was hideous, must be extra tough having to look after Archie too (())

MM- fall sounds nasty, hope you didn't go running!

CM- tough situation as always for you. I have to agree with others (CC I think) in that my hubby, although great with Mags, wouldn't cope well without me. On his day at home on Tues, he was exhausted with her tantrums (she is becoming a complete madam at 14 months) and they watched far too much telly (which doesn't help as she isn't that bothered by it yet, just means hubby can watch it!). He never remembers bills, insurance, changing lightbulbs, bins, changing sheets etc. I know it isn't the same and T has had nearly a year, and he has had help from his mum and nanny.

Lotte- exciting that you might still go to the games, fingers crossed for you. And yes you should be proud of your kids, what a talented brood you have!

No running from me due to general grumpiness, sickness, keep thinking if I just get my kit on and go I might manage a few miles? I am getting seriously fat too, have a bump at 8 wks! Might try a swim at the weekend...

Getting worried about lack of noise from Maggie's bedroom now, maybe I'll go wake her up.
  • Options

MM - I thought you would probably go regardless! Pleased to hear you endorsing wine! Good luck on Saturday and hope the boys get to their race. These kinds of races are so good for their self esteem as well as encouraging them to be active.

Sonya - boo to the morning sickness. It is just the grottiest feeling, don't worry about whinging,, no matter how much you want to be pregnant it is still a tough time. I'm sure ifyou got your kit on and went it would be great. Feeling so rough this time and a bump at 8 weeks... twins perhaps, lol!

I am feeling very happy as got a long run done this morning. I intended to go as far as I could without aggrevating the foot and hoped to get at least 10 miles. It was sorer at first but eased off as I ran so I kept on going and hit 10 and thought 2 more and then after 12 I just thought 2 more miles would give me a huge confidence boost 2 weeks before the games. Must admit it was tough and my legs are very tired but pleased with 14 miles at average 8.05mm. Had a wobbly moment when I got home but think that was more due to being hungry as I had nothing to eat before I ran.

• Options

Ok who is D**** L***** masquerading as on here, lives in Margate and I know it's been mentioned on here so should know. But shredded the list of names I had made and forgot it still had the RW alias' that I didn't have a match on FB for and can't remember who is left nowimage.

TT ;0)

• Options

JT - eh?

I have been told that fizzy water is bad for your teeth - i buy 2l bottles of tesco value fizzyw ater and drink it in huge quantities!  Hope it's not true.

Very strange evening with M last night.  She was apparantly fine in the evening when hubby got her from nursery, normally happy but tired self, singing and playing in the bath, and dozing off at 7 during her story.  i got home at 7.30 and heard wailing so I went in, and normally when you go in she is quiet immediately, you just talk to her, give her a quick cuddle, tell her it's bed time and that's that.  Well last night she was inconsolable, thrashing and writhing around, crying her little heart out and unable to tell us what the matter was.  She settled eventually, only for it to start again an hr later, so I gave her some calpol.  during all this she was barely opening her eyes, and seemed to be swallowing lots.  Finally after lots of cuddles she went to sleep, and the night was fine, and this morning she was normal, apart from saying the inside of her mouth was sore, but when I looked I couldn't see anything.  Most odd - we're going to my dad's tonight for the wk end to see my sister again before she goes back to America, and I had visions of having an ill child all wk end.  Hope that's the end of it!

Sonya - boo to the all day sickness.  How many wk are you now?

• Options
    JT - really? I havn't heard that one before, will be great if she can fix you though!

Caro - hope M is better now.

Camlo - hope you are feeling better too. And you Sonya, being pregnant really isn't much fun most of the time.

Vixo - hope you have sorted out the nits - ewk!

Lotte - I don't think you are going on too much about your kids at all - its great how well they are doing!

Think Martha has taken up nocturnal wandering - she came in to me once last night complaining about an earwig (think that was a dream), I did put her back in bed but she reappeared so I let her get in bed with me as A is away. Anyway this morning it looked like she had tried to also go to sleep on the sofa in the sitting room! Wish she would sleep through, I'm ruddy knackered!
  • Options

hello ladies. I'm still pregnant, no popping noises from me yet, although i did have a show a couple of weeks ago. I'm 37+4 now. Abi was born at 37+5 so I'm nearly the most pregnant I've ever been! I'm on antibiotics for a nasty ear infection at the mo. It seems to be clearing up but I've had it for 10 days now and I am soooo miserable with it. I woke up looking like Quasimodo the other day as it has caused all of my face to swell and knocked my jaw out of place. 

Hope you get better soon Camlo.

Ouch to the head and lip MM. 

Not too long for you now Vixo, any day!!!

Sorry to hear you're feeling ropey Sonya. I showed much earlier this time round too but have so far only put on 2 stone and my bump is "small". 

Hope M is ok Caro, sounds very strange. 

USA life keeping you busy is it TT? Nice to hear from you. 

Stay strong CM. 

I've just had a row in Asda car park. So unlike me! Some woman stood watching as I struggled to load the shopping in the boot of my car, then she watched me as I struggled to side shuffle down the gap between her parked car and mine, she then watched as I struggled to clip Abi into her car seat before shoving my car door into my back saying "your car door is touching my car". Now, I am almost 38 weeks pregnant, it's hot out there, i had just had a toddler held above my head in an attempt to get her down the gap between the cars and I've been ill with this damn ear for 10 days. What  part of her thought for one second that I gave a sh*t that my car door was touching her car. I left her open mouthed and shocked in the car park. Silly bint!

• Options
    PP - how unfair - what a cow. Fingers crossed you don't have long to wait for baby now!
  • Options

Still not had a chance to read back properly but have skimmed. You girls (and guy) sure know how to chat.

Having a very busy day as we're off to France tomorrow so trying to get everything packed whilst looking after the two kids.  We're going to a couple of campsites on the south west coast near Bordeaux - but having camped the last two years we are going for a bit of luxury this year and have booked bungalow type things. Really looking forward t it although I hope it doesn't rain as the weather looks like it has been similar to here....but it is supposed to be warming up next week I think so fingers crossed for  some sunshine. Am bringing my trainers and may do some surfing too. We went on a surfing holiday to the same area before K was born and it was great fun - only problem now is that we are bringing so much stuff with the two kids that I can't fit my wetsuit in!

So, anyway, just wanted to wish Vixo and PP good luck while I get the chance. Not sure how much I'll be able to check whilst we're away. PP - am glad you lost it with that woman - serves her right.

Has been so much since I last posted that I'm not sure where to start now so I think I may just take advantage of two sleeping babies and do some more packing and a bit of tidying......

• Options
    Come on PP - tell us what you said image
  • Options

I'd be booted off the forum for aggressive and foul language Caro.image

Yve, I am very jealous of your holiday. I hope the surf is crankin (and you manage to fit your wetsuit in!)

• Options
    I wish I wore a watch - then I'd have a reason for being so wonky! Although I do have some metal fillings dating back to my childhood so I will blame them instead!
  • Options

can you wear one of those magnetic bracelets to help JT? They've often got them advertised in the back of the  RW mag.

meant to say about fillings earlier, there's a little girl who goes to playgroup who has to have every single one of her top teeth taken out as they're all rotten. According to her childminder, her mum used to leave bottles of milk lined up in her cot for her to drink throughout the night, should she need them.  She's only 3 and a half!

• Options

Oh lovely -warm sour milk to keep you going through the nightimage, never understood that. Apart from anything else surely it must dribble all over the bed during the night.

My stepmum works in a nail salon in Glasgow and she says you often see tots with irn bru in their bottleimage OMG!

PP - you go girl, well done! Had a similar fight in a supermarket car park once with an old man who stood hovering over me while I put kids in the car, felt like taking my keys up the side of his car just to spite himimage. Some people need to get a life!

JT- does sound a bit weird re the watch, but then I'm sure there are a lot of ideas that seemed weird when 1st suggested years ago and then became normal thinking eventually. So if it works who cares how weird it sounds. 

I can totally get the metal thing being connected to ME but don't quite get it making specific sides of body weak, surely it would be going into bloodstream and affecting all of you. I can also see how wearing a watch can cause muscle weakness in your left arm, just because I can't wear anything round my wrist. The slightest pressure makes my arm sore and weak and can't grip with my hand after a while. Have to cut the wrist cuffs on my running gloves as can't bear it on my wrist and my Garmin is driving me mad. If wear it loose it wobbles around but it too tight on next hole aarrgghh! Wearing a sweatband under it just now but my hand is numb by end of my long run.

Did learn from my chiropractor that main cause of men's back pain is wallets. A lot of men carry their wallet in their back pocket, so when they sit down one side of their body is higher than the other and causes all sorts of back problems.

TT ;0)

• Options
    Ooh, I'll have to start looking after Mr PPs wallet then...for his health of course! image
  • Options
    Vodka and irn bru.....in my student days!  Or irn bru instead of a red ambulance as a hangover cure.  Or irn bru to help you pull all nighters before exams - but NOT IN A BABY'S BOTTLE!!!!!!
  • Options

I'm back!!  haven't read back at all as it'll take me yonks so need more time to look properly.

hol was great though as we arrived to cloudy grey skies and awoke to pishing rain I had my doubts about it.  In fact I threw a complete wobbly over it, something along the lines of remind me never ever ever to waste my money on a shorthaul holiday ever again, £1400 to sit in a flat in the pissing rain is not my idea of fun....blah blah you get the drift.  It didn't help that the caretakers had not set the flat up properly and so had to call the owner to find out why we had no hot water.  And it was freezing and of course I hadn't packed anything remotely warm.  image I was truly a disgrace but I think that all the stress of house going on market etc. had just worn me out.

As it happened we had about 4 rubbish days including one 20 hour thunderstorm which was immense, just kept rolling round the bay then back off the mountains.  It was really loud!  But we still got to the beach every day and for the rubbish ones Lou wore her wetsuit and tbh what would happen was that it would be lovely in the morning and then it would cloud around 2 or 3pm which was when we were heading back inside anyway. 

Have had 3 viewers so far and one other lady who wanted to view but my bloody solicitor wrote the number down wrongly so hasn't been able to call her back to confirm and she hasn't called again.  Grr.  So peeved.  Just hoping she turns up to open viewing on Sunday.  MR I suspect I won't be at swim as I'll be doing viewing (or sitting on my increasinly fat a*se twiddling my thumbs and fretting).

Today I had to be back in for the gasman coming to service the boiler.  he was 35 mins outside of the 2 hr slot I was given so cue a massive email to Scottish Gas to complain.imageagain.  but I was so fed up at giving up an entire afternoon to it and I have so much to do - Lou has a birthday party tomorrow so i have to get a present then it's my niece's christening on Sunday so I had to get present for that plus the wee brother of the girl who's party it is turned 2 last week so have to get him a token as well (it's my best mate's kids).  And I need to do the food shopping.  have done 3 loads of washing and hung first load out at which point the clouds gathered and it poured and now I have just hung up my Oasis dress and discovered that the seam has gone at the shoulder and it is all frayed so that is going to have to go back and that was my christening outfit so goodness knows what I am going to wear on sunday now.  AAAAARGH. 

I think I may be a little overwrought. 

• Options
    Yve how random that we have a FB connection!  This is how far back I am having to go!
  • Options
    Oh and in my defence the email to Scottish gas was written before he turned up or phoned to explain!
  • Options

Dont have tesco mag but found something online that said go to this site and use code TT2010.

• Options

Janie, that Stuck on You thing looks really good - was it £14.99 in Tesco's?

Sorry, not had time to post recently, but have been reading and thnking of you all.  J has properly started walking, which means I spend all day running around after him.

BEST of luck to PP and Vixo, look frward to hearing some news!

Sonya, sorry you feel crappy.  It will soon pass, I felt awful this time until 12 weeks, but at 17 I'm feeling pretty normal, bit faint on standing and running getting v slow, do feel huge (+6kg) but I don't know if I am or not.

PP, I would have gone ballistic!!!! The one thing I really hate is not having the language skills to really go off at someone here in Polish, or more than one person would have heard my wrath, particularly when it comes to parking or driving image

• Options

CC- 4min/km in my dreams, so jealous!

My efforts today:- 10km run with 10 min warm up then 8x2min intervals with 2min recoveries then 20min run. Intervals averaged 11.8kph (not quite the 15kph you managed on your much longer intervals CC, I wish)

LSR (22km) tomorrow, usually do it on Sunday but running buddy can't manage Sunday this week.

JT- I can see how if arm being weakened by wearing watch it would put extra strain on whole of the body as making everything unbalanced, especially as left side which would be naturally weaker anyway (I am assuming you are right handed as wearing watch on left wrist).

TT ;0)

• Options

JohBo- I wouldn't let the language barrier bother me, a sweary rant is a sweary rant in any language LOL! But I'm Scottish and we do like out sweary rants, think we Scots are particularly good at itimage.

TT ;0)