Options

Mums Running Club

Comments

• Options
    Hip feels ok thanks Lotte - just being very very careful not to over do things. Might make it up to 5 miles on Sunday!
  • Options

Thats semi good news Caro at least.

Yes holidays, camping from thursday for a week. Nightmare!! I do so hope they've got it wrong image...Just bought an enormous brollie in Asda!!

Glorious today, bad timing as always...

Trying to get organised which is a mammouth task with all the garden to be sorted too before we go. Boys very excited, but getting under my feet, so think I'll be productive tomorrow lunchtime when S sleeps for two hours than today. So might just take them out on their bikes in a bit.

Sophie has dreadful wheezey chest and cough, so am taking her to docs tomorrow morning and hoping they give her the steroid inhaler now. She's had this on and off for 8 weeks now which is just what happened to the boys so its time I think before the winter kicks in again.

Hoping to make a local race tonight. It's 3.6 miles I think from what I remember. Usually run as a relay but a nice route for a blast out on a sunny evening. Hubbie can then get roof box and sort the things I've been pestering him about for days image!!!

Right quick bike jaunt I think!

• Options

Poor Sophie. Hope she is better soon. So are you in the IoW for a week, we'll just miss you!  I arrive there a week on Friday for the games, opening ceremony a week on Saturday and the HM on Sunday then home on Monday. Not staying for the whole week as I just can't leave the family for that long and everyone coming down was really not a practical option.Hope you make your race tonight.

Caro - fingers crossed then that the injury is behind you now. 

• Options
    Yikes, can't keep up! Bit mad here with house moving etc so probably won't post now until after the move on Friday. Just wanted to pop on to say thank you for my birthday wishes image and also that I survived my half marathon without the aid of duck grease ( although I fear it may have helped!). Omg, it was so wet, my socks must have weighed about a pound each when I took them off, ewwww!

Caro, hope your friend makes a speedy recovery x

Families, hmm, who'd have them?! In school we have a quote for the week - this week's is 'friends are God's apology for relations'! Sums it up nicely, methinks image

• Options

oh i like that, TB - that's a good quote.

we managed to get out in the sunshine all afternoon. picked J up from school (E walked almost all the way; it's only 0.3 miles but it is all uphill and she had just been woken from her nap so i wasn't expecting that of her). we then played in the park for an hour, had a wander through the trees (lots of broken glass and condoms, which the kids didn't notice fortunately!) and popped in on a classmate on the way home and had a play in his garden. they have tanks full of tadpoles so the kids were messing around with them and climbing trees and generally having great fun. came home to bacon, eggs and beans for tea and a quick dunk in the bath and then bed.

MM - do hope the weather cheers up for you. you never know...

right, i still have baked beans on my dining room floor so must go clear up!

• Options

image Got new trainers last week (same brooks adrenalines as I always get) and since my long run on Sat my toenail on 2nd toe of right foot has been sore. It not sore walking around etc, but sore if press on it. I was hoping it was my sock that had caused it on Sat but as it is feeling tender again tonight after a 5k recovery run it not looking good for the future of my toenail. Not happy, never had toenail problems beforeimage.

TB- fantastic quote that. My running buddy is a deputy head in a school in a really rough part of Perth and what some of the kids in her care have to live with is just heartbreaking. So although my family have had some difficult things to deal with I am also very grateful I don't live the life some of those poor kids have to. By comparison my kids have led a charmed life, thankfully .

TT ;0)

• Options
    TT I have 6 that are currently regrowing after April's marathon effort - they stop hurting once they fall off!
  • Options

Thanks girls. Forecast still looks so rubbish for friday. We might get away with the other days but it does like like rain on pretty much every day, especially friday looks a total wash out image. Just as well we have electric hook up so can watch some DVDs in the evenings, or even some iPlayer stuff!!

Last night was a bit mediocre. Legs tired. Seem to be struggling with hills a bit which suggests anaemia, but am taking my iron tablets. Anyway, first lady in 21:40 for the 3.4 miles, 5:57, 6:14 and 6:47 and last bit at 6:47 pace. You can see where the down hills and up hills were!! image

Think I ran 21:05 or some thing before or even 20:xx. Can't find the results from 2009 though.

On sod, nappies on the line and its raining. Sod!!

Right off to pre-school, docs then tots. Then home to finish packing!! image

• Options
    CM - why is there so much broken glass everywhere?! I picked up two bits in our local playground yesterday. Ooh rant alert - I also had to climb on my phil and teds last week to feed the baby swings back over the frames as they had been swung over the top. And the basket swing had been turned inside out. Don't think wrecking the playground was ever my idea of fun.

I havn't lost any toenails - I have one that often splits at the side but stays in place.

Lotte - glad you are going to the games!

MM - I can see why your step dad is a problem, wouldn't want that extra worry. My mum had an awful boyfriend for a while who seemed like he might be the sort to turn up be abusive to any of us when the relationship ended but luckily that never happened. At some point after I left home my mum turned into a proper drama queen - its very trying!

Does anyone else have any varicose veins - I've got a bit of a bumpy vein on the back of my calf so I'm assuming that's what it is. I feel bloody old if it is. Yuk.
  • Options

wow, MM - you are winning races left, right and centre at the moment. even if you thought it was MEDIOCRE!!

poor E has her knickers in a twist at the moment, bless her. she wanted to watch telly when we got home from school run, and i said 'no' and she has descended into wailing, screaming mess. oh dear... i have escaped upstairs to work and left C to it image. she is obsessed with telly at the moment. she watches it after bath and before bed every night (so about 20 mins) but she asks for it all day every day and gets so upset when you say 'no'.

• Options
    Well, I'm feeling totally spoilt with this talk of awful families. My parents are fantastic and would and do regularly drop everything for a chance to spend time with us and Isabelle. They have her one day a week and I know would pick her up more often if I asked. It worries me a bit that I will never be able to be as selfless and loving as they have been, but certainly that feeling of complete security in their love is something that I want to pass on to my children. Their relationship with each other has had its ups and downs, but there's never been any doubt about how they feel about me and my brother, and since they moved from London to the south coast they have seemed much more relaxed and happy.

MM- hope the forecast gets better for you. This week certainly doesn't look great down here.

Lotte - are you flying in to Southampton? If you need a lift from airport to ferry just let me know - I'm around! Great news that you're going to give the games a go, would have been such a shame to miss them.

Tallbird - definitely interested in your babyjogger. Which model do you have, and do you have the rain cover and basket and stuff? What sort of price did you have in mind? I'll try and contact you through the email link on here to sort something out.

Tatty - sorry I mkssed your birthday! Hope you had a good day.

Well, I obviously don't do speedy labours. Am now 40+1 and have been having on and off contractions since yesterday, but they're not getting closer together, so no real progress I don't think. I hope things are gearing up for a quick and east delivery when it actually gets going!!!! I'm not too impatient as Isabelle was a pretty small 5lb 12oz at 39+6, so wasn't hoping for an early delivery with this one, but I don't want to have days and days of this stopping and starting business! Still, hubby is off on annual leave and Isabelle is at pre-school so we're having a nice relaxing few days pottering at home - sat out in the sun yesterday and enjoyed the peace and quiet!
  • Options
    ooo vixo - but things are happening then. woohoo!! fingers crossed that, once it does start, it will be full steam ahead. but not too fast as that isn't pleasant either (voice of experience - two VERY fast labours here!)
  • Options
    OOO as well. Will try and check in on hols if wireless works on site. Back to packing!! image
  • Options

and a third oooh from me Vixo. How exciting that things are moving, albeit slowly! No real signs for me yet but I'm only 38+2 so early days I guess. Lots of twinges in my groin as the baby's head is settling into my pelvis. Had a MW appointment yesterday and the head is 2/5 engaged so a little way to go yet - sigh.

Kinsey, I have developed varicose veins during this pregnancy. My hubby calls them "mum legs". They're at the back of my knee and on my calf. Ugly things aren't they! 

My dad is useless. He has 3 grandkids on his doorstep whom he rarely sees. I've lived outside of Manchester for almost 15 years and he's only ever once been to visit me, and that was just for an hour! I've no reason to believe that he'll rush to Gloucester to meet his new grandson when he arrives. Ho hum. My mum's ok though and if she were local i know she'd do lots for us. Hubby's family are a couple of hours away too in Swansea although my MIL is very hands on, infact she's going to drive across to look after Abi and our dog when I eventually go into labour.

Lotte, great to hear about the games. Good luck!

Happy belated birthday TB.

I can't remember what everyone else has been doing so sorry not to name check everyone. 

• Options

Ooh Vixo, good luck!  Hope that things just suddenly speed up and it's done and dusted before you know it!

PP, revel in the peace of just one for little longer image

Too manic here to be posting much.  The constant tidiness is killing me, can't find a flipping thing. 

My mum and dad are great especially my mum.  My dad not great for childcare on his own but fab for ferrying me about when needed and he does lovely things like paying for 3 new tyres for me when he took me to the garage and they take Lou every Friday (mum does all the immediate care but dad is there too and plays with her a bit).  We try not to ask for too much else because in truth they have their own lives and interests and I don't like to impact on their bowling or mum's badminton/tai chi/weightwatchers/walking/gatherings with friends! Fridays are scheduled so they tell me if they can't do it for any reason eg mum going to France to see friends or whatever but they usually run their lives around taking Lou on a Friday.  We all have our moments I guess but they are absolutely 100% there for me.  I don't usually bother them though because my dad worries so much that I worry about him worrying!  So when I fell out with my last employer I didn't mention anything until it was all sorted!

Lotte fab about the games, I am so delighted for you.

Now at 6 viewers, 1 note of interest and so just hanging on to see if someone else can sell and so make us an offer!

Spin last night, first exercise for a few weeks.  Honestly I think I'm taking up residence at square one these days.  I never seem to get past it!

Dinner!!

• Options
    Kinsey, I have varicose veins too image I have had them for years (since I was in my early twenties). Mum and Dad have them, mum quite badly, so I guess it would be impossible to avoid them!

Caro - 6 toenails?! That is going some image

Good luck Vixo and PP, hope to hear some news soon x

Right, it is official - I am now procrastinating. Need to get my butt off here and on with some packing!!!!!
  • Options

for a minute there, i was wondering why you were going away on holiday in termtime, TB. and then i realised - NOT that kind of packing.

5.5 miles done tonight with rampant period pains. and up at 6am tomorrow to drive to Dunstable to talk to Whitbread about our service which is going live on 30 June but is nowhere near ready! eeek...

• Options

6.2miles done with 9x2min intervals, weather was gorgeous for running this evening, sunny with a cool breeze. Toenail not good, definitely looks like it's swollen or blistered underneath and everytime I run it swells up again hhhmmmmm!

Good luck with the talk tomorrow CM !

Vixo how exciting, movement afoot by sounds of it. PP won't be long for you eitherimage.

TT ;0)

• Options
    ChynahChynah ✭✭✭

not posted in a while but have been lurking!  Maybe I#ll maybe to get round to posting when I've got a bit more time!

Sympathise with the toenail TT - my big toe got very bruised on a 10K last night - never really happened before but was wearing trail shoes I haven't worn for a few months. Ouchy!  Fingers crossed I don't lose it!

Good luck Vixo!

• Options
    tallbirdtallbird ✭✭✭

Good luck Vixo image 

My Babyjogger is the Perfomance II and does indeed have a raincover (although I think it must be in a box somewhere) and a basket, it also has the supermassive (and very awesome) pull over hood which means you don't really need the rain cover in all but the heaviest rain.  I also have a baby sleeping bag that I bought to go with it which you can have as well - should see #2 through this winter - and a head hugger so you can get running again sooner rather than later image  Will have a check on ebay see what sort of price they go for and then try emailing you.

Am going to stop looking at the weather forecast.  When I looked earlier the forecast for Saturday looked OK (Friday night dire - lots of rain), but looking just now it's changed to heavy rain all day on Saturday image  Booooo.  

Going to have to go and find some wellies and a raincoat for Z - he doesn't have any in the right size at the moment.  Any idea who might be selling them?  

• Options

don't suppose you have time to buy online. TT suggested outdoorvalue.co.uk and they have been super-fab and cheap both times i have used them. otherwise - asda??

• Options

aldi also have some stuff sometimes...