Options

Just Get Round Team?!

Comments

• Options

Just ran my fastest 10k ever! Shame it wasn't in a race. Probably a silly thing to do but I felt (and still feel) good. Will help me mentally for Sunday if nothing else.

Looking forward to spotting yor costume at the expo tomorrow Rob.

Andyp - JGR - made me laugh image

Good luck all, 4 more sleeps to go.

• Options

Hi

The only paperwork I have is the ballot acceptance letter with my race number-should I have anything else to take to register? ( apart from photo id that is ) Sorry, getting a bit nervous/panicky now.

• Options

The RW JGR runner - is this  non stop runner or a run walk style. I have trained on run 4 walk 1 for most of my runs inc my last half marathon.

When I ran paris i tried to stay with the 4.5 group but that was a non stop pace and was to fast for me esp with all the runners following the group. I got elbowed in the face by one runner. That really hurt.

• Options
    Sue Wright 4 - I'm not sure what you should have as a ballot place runner as I've got my places through running clubs in the past - but when you got your magazine in March there would normally have been a letter in there that you need to take with you - it has your running number on it and on the back is a list of charities and details of marathonfoto...

Koprano - that's terrible!! How can someone bash you in the facer with their elbow? Blimey I would've gone bonkers!! As far as I'm aware the RW JGR pacers do run5 walk 1 with the aim of getting you in for a 5.15(hr) finish - hope this helps.
  • Options

Sue Wright  4 - I agree with DdD that you should have received a more recent update with your Registration Slip.  You sign the reg slip in front of the official when you collect your number and you have to show ID -passport or driving licence.  I got in through the ballot too.

Rob - gutted I didn't see the costume - don't kno how I missed that!!

Paul - thanks image

• Options

Thanks Dee 5 and 1 sounds good to me. On my own I always found getting 5 mins hard to monitor - 4 and 1 was easy as you stop on 5 10 etc but guess 6 12 18

but running will the group will be great as perfect pace for me. Blister is getting better too

• Options

Koprano - Hi it's Corin not Colin image

I am out of blue too, don't know which pen yet but I will have my name in flourescent pink on my 'Mental Health Foundation' vest.

Did you know that the runners world pacers do a JGR running for 5 mins and walking for 1, I think I am going to start with them.  My husband is starting from red and he's going to do the same and we are planning to meet up at 4 miles, whoever gets there first will wait for the other and join their runners world pacer.

Hope to see you there, good luck Corin

• Options

Thanks Corin image

I am in a bed and white BHF vest with CARLOS on front and back. I think we will be running together for a few miles then   image

• Options

Thanks Dee 5 and 1 sounds good to me. On my own I always found getting 5 mins hard to monitor - 4 and 1 was easy as you stop on 5 10 etc but guess 6 12 18

but running will the group will be great as perfect pace for me. Blister is getting better too

• Options

Thanks DeedeeDoodle and Andyp

Found the registration letter which I had clearly overlooked! Now safely tucked in my passport. Today I feel hyperactive, yesterday I felt really low.....anyone else on the same rollercoaster!?  imageimage

• Options

Phew- I'm glad we could help Sue.

Yes - it is a roller coaster.  At the Expo yesterday they were playing THAT tune too (the one they use on the BBC coverage). That gave me goosebumps.

• Options

We are travelling to London tomorrow morning and going to the expo in the afernoon, I can't wait now, even though I will do a rubbish time due to the shin splints, I haven't run for 3 weeks and it is driving me mad but absolutely no leg pain so fingers crossed tfor a  reasonable JGR.

Good luck everyone

xxx

• Options
    I'm travelling to London tomorrow too Corin..expo early afternoon. I have planter Fasciitis so will be painful but WILL get round!
  • Options

Hi MWW

I have been gutted about the injury as I have been running for 3 years and never suffered with anything major, and here we are at the marathon and I have had the worst 3 months ever !!!

But yes we will get round !!!

x

• Options

Corin and MWW    you are not alone on the injury front if you look at other threads, so many people are carrying an injury of some description...me included; tendonitis in right foot, although much better, it dampens the upbeat psychy!!

So many times in Feb I thought I''d have to defer but my theory is there will be some pain at some point during our run so lets give it  our best shot.   Wishing you all the very best and hope you all have an amazing day. image           God, I'm nervous again having written that......

• Options

Runs all completed and nerves beginning to jangle even more!image

Travelling down to London tomorrow morning and visiting Expo in afternoon after tour of Start area.

The very best of luck to everyone - we have deserved this moment, so let's all enjoy it!image

To those with injuries, think positive - I KNOW you will do it. You will not be alone.......

• Options
    Keith Peacock 2 wrote (see)
    To those with injuries, think positive - I KNOW you will do it. You will not be alone.......

Cheers for that.

Registering Saturday.....it'll be crazy....wish I could have gone this week.

• Options

Off to London in the morning...hope to catch up with you at some point Keith!

• Options
    Andyp - i've downloaded *that* tune to my mobile. Play it occasionally to get myself excited. Also kept playing it today on the trains going to the expo.Think my daughter was a bit embarrassed! Also have chariots of fire on my phone image
  • Options
    oooh, Paul, such a great idea - I don't have Chariots of Fire on my ipod...... yet!!
  • Options

I have decided that i gonna take my iphone and take lots of photos on my way round. I intend to enjoy this . Ive worked my feet off.

Will try and find the app to track yourself on gps

Lost 2 stone in process. Blisters receeding nicely. Excited now.

• Options
    That's a nice idea Koprano - I took my iphone a few years ago - and got some great shots on Blackheath before it became really crowded, I was going to take snaps on the way round but I was dressed as a giant apple (the year I ran with Paul T on here) - so I didn't manage to! The images from the blue start give me goosebumps though (in a good way!!). Well done on the weight loss and great news abotu the blisters too!

I've got to the point now where I'm not sleeping - running through which train I'm getting, what I need in my kitbag for after the marathon, do I run with pacers or do I go it alone for my run-walk... argh!!!!
  • Options
    I know what you mean about not sleeping well. Pretty much dreamt my way through the whole 26 miles last night!
  • Options

Like your idea Paul about the tunes.

Koprano - great call - I'll take my phone too to get some shotsimage

• Options
    Paul - PS - how are your legs after your dream marathon?
  • Options
    A bit tired actually image I kept a good pace for the whole route!
  • Options
    In the Tomato outfit??  Good effort.
  • Options
    Ah, got the proper collywobbles today - just looked through the VLM interactive map - yikes!!
  • Options

*pops head in*

Hi all, just thought I would quickly pop in and wish you all good luck fo Sunday.imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

I'm off to get my bag ready !!!

• Options

Im at Blue Pen 9 which I believe is where the RW JGR pacing group goes from - I am going to try and join that one. Ive got a blue vest and sky blue shorts and headband so easy to spot

Sooo exciting and nervous at the same time - thouroughly enjoying eating as much as i Can !!!