Options

Just Get Round Team?!

Comments

• Options
    Thanks Keith...do you know what times they do (run/walk and overall??)
  • Options

Go to the Runners World website and look for the article on marathon pacers for London. image

They will tell you which Pacers are running and at what times they aim to achieve.image

• Options
    Keith - I am planning the Saturday morning tour of the finish area...I have done VLM twice before but have had supporters to guide me after the finish...will be on my own this year and want to be sure I know where I am going! I'll message you my name and mobile number! Thanks for the offer...hopefully make back and sjhowered in time..but if not I would be very grateful!
  • Options

Less than two weeks to go...wooowooooooooooooooooo.

So want to beat 5 hours, but realistically....Maybe I should just be happy with beating mine and triple D's time two years ago. Assuming I can!

• Options
    Paul - you'll do it no problems, have faith in your training!! You're a fab runner - just pace yourself and give me a wave when you steam past me!!
  • Options
    we are the champions.................................imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options

Mornin' all - hope you are all well.

Reading this and all the talk of hotels etc is making it all seem so close.  The Butterflies are on the wing!!

I guess next week when I've been to the Expo it'll be even more exciting.  Glad to hear everyone is "enjoying" the taper.image

• Options

Hi guys

My first VLM, actually my first marathon.  I have got a blue start and my hubby has red, where's the best meet up point if I can't bunk into red on the day ??

• Options

Congrats Corin - welcome aboard this fantastic rollercoaster!! image

You'll need to stick to your start area to drop your bags, unless you put both of your items in one storage bag.  Once that's out of the way I would have thought a conversation with the start marshall people should sort you out.  I've seen red numbers in blue pens and vice versa before....

• Options

Getting Exciting now. Vest printed by the kind shop at Coventry City. Did a live interview in the studio at BBC Cov and Warks last night and joined "Team Tim" - a group of runners (Ha ha - I will never be one of those) who are all doing VLM

If you fancy listening it starts about 1hr 18 mins into the prog at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00fpkb2 and my Team Tim Pic is at http://bit.ly/hU2Rkj. image I don't usually look that goofy !!!!

• Options

andyp

Hi Andy, thanks for the welcome and the advice, we are only going to take one bag and head for the red start, if we can't win the marshall over with our 'scouse' wit and humour, I'll be off to the blue with plans to meet up at the 4 mile marker.

Andy, how far in distance is it from blue to red (ie walking time?)

• Options
    Sorry - don't have a clue, but in the mag that came withy our registration card is all you need to know.....image
  • Options
    Beduffshirl - great photo.  Will you be wearing the CCFC shirt on the day?
  • Options

Hi Corin,

It's my first marathon too and I am at red start and my hubby is at blue. We did wonder if there would be any possibility of us both starting at the same start, especially as we are going to be there very early, but hubby who has done this before say's that once you go into your start they don't let you out again !!! I've decided now that I will be fine without him and will find lots of others on their own to maybe chat to.

Good luck to everyone, image

• Options
    andyp wrote (see)
    Not on the day - but I've got a sky blue "Under Armour" to go under my vest and CCFC Sky Blue Shorts  - oh and a sky blue head sweatband lol. I detect from your Pic that you are a Royal - my tip for promotion !!
  • Options

Sue R

Hi Sue, are you and your hubby planning to meet up along the way?  We are planning to meet at 4 miles if I can't sneak into red.  Might go and have a look the day before.

What time are you aiming for ?

Corin

• Options
    Beduffshirl wrote (see)
    andyp wrote (see)
    Not on the day - but I've got a sky blue "Under Armour" to go under my vest and CCFC Sky Blue Shorts  - oh and a sky blue head sweatband lol. I detect from your Pic that you are a Royal - my tip for promotion !!

I am.  I used to work in Cov (about 5 years) so I know quite a few Sky Blues.

Not sure about promotion but at least it's an interesting end to the season.  I tipped you guys earlier in the season as they were looking very strong.

• Options

Big S**t been going on at the club but fingers crossed sorted now

Here is the Good News (I Think)

Ten Day Forecast now available as follows

Forecast  London April 17th
    http://i.uk.imwx.com/global/images/52x52/30.png

Partly Cloudy High 14°C
    Low 6°C
    Chance of Precip.
    20 %
  • Options
    Ideal weather.  Better than today, it's soooo warm in London today..
  • Options

Hi Corin,

With so many people I think that it's unlikely that we would meet at four miles, but who knows. I'd like to finish in 5.30 hours, but just as long as I make it to the finish and have a great day, I'll be happy. I hope that they let you sneak into red start with your hubby.

Thank you Beduffshirl, 14 C with some cloud sounds good, it's so warm today.

• Options
    Hi, I am soooo slow that I have only just waddled into this thread.  The way things have been going sub 6 would be an absolute miracle.  Finish on same day is my aim.  Went to the osteo yesterday and had my back straightened and left tibia realigned - so at least I'll be waddling a bit straighter.  Am on boring blue start so will miss the buzz of the red.  Best luck to you all.
  • Options

Hello all

Just done 8.5 miles...last LSR before VLMimage Injury is not good...will be very happy to get round !

• Options
    Keep the belief MadWelshwoman! You will do it - we all will!image
  • Options
    Sorry to hear your injury is playing up MadWelshWoman image and welcome to the thread Bear B.Hind image

You're all fantastic for getting to this point - the hardest part is committing to the training and gritting your teeth when things go wrong or badly - you've all done your training - you all deserve the very best of days. It's easy to have a bad run and it's heartbreaking to be struck down by injury - but having the courage to keep going, to modify your plans and get to this point - you're all super stars!! Training for and running a marathon is not easy, regardless of pace or experience. Be positive now and for the next 7 days!!

Go out on Sunday, enjoy (as much as you can!) your time on the London's streets, enjoy the crowds (they are amazing and lift you so much when you're on your knees, go out to FINISH, you can all do it and you will ALL do it!!!

See you all on Sunday (or not as I'm at the blue start and will be at the back lol!!)
    DD xxxx

• Options

Hi from a previous JGRer

Good luck everyone for the toughest week of training yet... tapering.

I hope you all have a great time next Sunday. I am very jealous of all of you.image Well, maybe not Rob. Seriously what were you thinking running in that suit again!

I hope no last minute injuries crop up, and those of you with broken toes look after yourselves!

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• Options
    I don't know who you are talking about madaussie!! image
  • Options
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

It doesn't hurt too much anymore thanks - hopefully in more supportive shoes it should get a bit of protection!! (though the bruising on my foot from the Dojo is still sore after a 3 weeks/a month!!)

Edit - verbal diarrhoea.
  • Options

Are you resting from all sports this week?

I'm still jealous. I've just done my second outdoor run of the year, a measly 2 miles. No IT pain, just patella pain, but I can cope with that.