Options

Port Talbot harriers

Comments

• Options

7 miles done.  Breezy along prom this morning ... but hot!  One mile warm up then 6 miles at 7:05 avg.

• Options
    RB good running,looks like there might be revenge next time we meetimage
  • Options
    MM - not too sure about that but I'll certainly be trying mate image.  Training has been messed up since London. Been away a lot lately and although I still try to get out for a run it isn't the same as being on home turf with buddies from the club etc.  Can't complain as I've managed 5 PBs in 7 races this year so the only way is ........ down?? Interestingly the two failures were both 10K races (Richard Burton & Llanelli) where I think I set off too quickly on each occasion and suffered mid race.  What do you have lined up in the near future?
  • Options
    RB i am hopefully racing sunday if i am not too tired after driving back from York,and then there are two 5k s next week followed by Ammanford 10 k week sundayimage that should keep me interested for a whileimage
  • Options
    MM - sounds like you are a going to have a busy time.  Is the York trip a 'Uni Run' to collect one of your children? Long way to York as I remember.
  • Options
    RB yes its the yearly trip,but only one more to go for him and good news today he has passed his 3rd yearimage
  • Options

Afternoon Everybody I Back!!

Last Time We Spoke I was down because I been in and out Injury wise since April.I wish I turn back the clock through.But thankfully at the moment I dunn Tulip Spalding 10k-45minutes,Woodhall -48minutes,Sleaford 10k-47 and HumberHalf-2.08 but my Magic Tape Physio sort me out.Easily come off.But it dunn the Job!

|How sad 4 Died on HumberBridge on sunday!

• Options

PD happy birthday mate have a great dayimage

BB,JD yes remember that run well
    1stly BB pulled is calf @ 5 miles but foolishly ran another 6 with me
    2ndly JD wanted to do 11 miles @ 7.15 pace you had all gone home while i sat int car with me jaffa cakes waiting to c if he was ok ,then he came walking over the hill some time laterimage

JD yes i been given another few sheets of core exersices 2 do as well as being time consuming i find them boreing & not that hard 2 doimagei think i get enough workout with my job

• Options

MM tell david well done on passing is 3rd year examsimage

jacket potatoe,brown,rice,boiled ham mushrooms & onionsimage

• Options
    Evening all

Happy Birthday PD

Another day of non running!

Will hopefully be running Saturday morning, may go to Swansea along the prom if anyone fancies a slow one not sure how far but probably 8-10.

Hope to be there tomorrow night.
  • Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

MM61- I remember that day tooimage

Only did 12m tonight after all- route not as far as I thought. One for you though MM- lovely 12 miler on our doorstep: Leisure Centre to dual carriageway as normal- over level crossing near Bancyfelin, up THAT hill to Llangynog, turn left at top signposted Llangain- carry on to crossroads and turn left 9sign Carmarthen) and come out on Alltycnap road back to leisure centre. 12.12m with some good hillwork on the wayimage

Prawns and veg in oyster sauce with noodles tonightimage No oil of courseimageimage

• Options

DV more like another week without running here not laced my trainers since june 10thimage

yuor getting contagious as i had
    salad noodles & sardines for lunchimage
    thought i'd better watch my figure while i'm immobileimage

starting to think about starting back though

• Options

MM61 thank you,he is really chuffed,we are going to Akbars tomorrow nite for a curry,they are supposed to be really goodimage trouble is guess whos payingimage

JD i done that route too its a good oneimage 

• Options

MM I HOPE ITS Uimage,better not here u made david payimageu tight sod

• Options

MM this lap is getting a pain as it's too convientimage

but hey my shed is water proof againimage

• Options

MM - congrats to your son on his success.  The last of my 3 kids finished 3 years ago and I know what a relief it was.  I'm thankful I didn't have to pay these £9000 a year fees they are talking about now! 

• Options

Evening all image

MM - Well done to your son! And open that wallet for food!!!

RB - What a gutter on your way to the concert then called off image

Out for a steady 6 tonight, not feeling great - not sure if I have got a few bug? image. Daughter has gladular fever so who knows!! 

• Options

Thamks for the well wishes folksimage

PR5 my youngest was ill in Apri and was diagnosed as glandular fever   he had all the symptons and was feeling really lousy but when we went back a week later and saw a different doctor,he said it was a wisdom tooth playing up ,image Hope you daughter feels better soonimage 

• Options
    Wheres FL is he OKimage
  • Options

MM - definitely glandular fever, blood test confirms it, she needs repeat bloods in a week as one of her liver enzymes is elevated as well. She is really unwell. image

• Options
    PR5 - I know you thought your daughter had glandular fever when we ran on Sunday -   sorry to hear it was confirmed.
  • Options

Evening all!  Thanks to everyone for my birthday wishes.image

PR5 - Sorry to hear about the glandular fever, hope she gets well soon

DV- Wont be there tomorrow, but will get in touch about Fridayimage

MM- Congrats to MM jr

• Options

Morning all

PD happy birthday for yesterday image

MM god will be waiting for you imagetake the boy out and spoil the boy done godimage

PR5 I had glandular fever in my late 20s it knocked me for six,so i will be thinking of her tell her from me get well soonimage

FL you were gurning well on Fabian way last night,but looked to be pushing hard,keep up the good workimage

No club training for me tonight as its my daughter Caitlin's prom image

• Options
    Morning all image
    Thanks for the best wishes for Becki..! It just takes a long time to get over but I am sure she will be fine.
    PD - hope you had a good birthday mate! But you must slow down now at your age - you are killing me! image
    Have a great day everyone! See some of you tonight.
  • Options

Out of interest anyone buying from start fitness there is a 15% dicount code which you can put in at checkout, valid until Monday, its just:-  SAVER15

http://www.startfitness.co.uk/

• Options

Happy belated birthday from me too PD, hope you had a terrific day. image

Your poor daughter PR5 - of course she will recover, but it is a horrible illness to suffer.

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

Morning allimage

PR5- best wishes for a speedy recovery for your daughter

MM- congratulations to mmimage

4.1m in the sun this morning- no work today cos of strikeimage

• Options

PD hope you enjoyed your birthday celebrations yesterday? I was being quite serious with the guess of 45.... image

PR5 - really hope your daughter gets better soon (hope you are giving her lots of tlc & looking after) & thanks for your message last night.

MM - congratulations to your son!

I'm not sure when I'll be training or competing for the club next. I hate this, am really missing you all & so gutted as I've got the time & determination to train, but the body is saying no. I did a slow, uncomfortable 20 min jog yesterday & that was enough to make my left calf throb again & both calf's are so extremely tight - worse 1st thing in the morning (usually have to walk on tip-toe for 1st 10 mins every day, as calf's too painful).  Am going to think outside the box & try a treatment with chiropractor - had a few issues in the past with sciatic nerve irritation & injury to the talus bone in ankle, so its got to be worth a try, even if just to eliminate those as a cause. So back to square 1 for me & I hope to see you all later in the summer.

In the meantime, best of luck to you all with the training & upcoming races....& watch this space for another curry / night out soon.

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

FL- saw your comments on Fetch- hope you're ok. Perhaps easing off a bit will get your mojo back? don't want to burnout now....image

LTS- Hope you get sorted soonimage

8m easy for me tonight to round off the month.image Mushroom stroganoff with wholegrain basmati coming up soonishimage

• Options

PR5 wish becki all the best from the both of us
    1 thing if its contagious u did offer her bed 2 us saturday niteimage

1st run today since my castles leg on 10th of juneimage

3miles 7.26 ave but the si joint is still giving me loads of greif how much rest does this requireimage

peppered stake cajun potatoes,roast parsnips & vegimage

JD @least your union had the balls 2 strike ours caved in & excepted the pensionimageto**a's

MM hope you got 2 devils county in 1 piece