Options

Brand new runner looking for companions..

Comments

• Options

I agree BS - hate standing up in staff meetings but pupils are no problem. 

Yr 12 were angels this morning - I think they realised how horrid they were yesterday.

Having a rest day today and going out tomorrow night for a run!

• Options

KM - Bravo and enjoy!

Knee not quite there yet but hopefully will be out tomorrow...

• Options

Absolutely loved my run today - had a RUBBISH day at work (You know the kind when everyone you cross paths with seems to be being deliberately irritating?) Came home in a foul mood and went for a run and it was fantastic. Did 3 miles (no walking) without too much trouble - had a bit of a sprint finish too trying to beat my previous time. Did another half mile slow jogging to warm down. One of those days where the weather was perfect and my body was doing exactly what I wanted it to do.

What did I do before I discovered running?! image

• Options

LM - Hurrah!

With posts like that, even I might get back out there...

Not doing three miles though! Well done YOU!!

• Options

Well done LM!

Woke up this morning and my cough is back with a vengeance - chest feels really tight again.  Feel really p****d off about it now.  Want to get back to where I was a couple of weeks ago!

• Options

imageHi everyone, KM sorry your cough is back , you must be run down so do take it easy.

imageWell done LM - go girl go!!!!!! - imageBS - Wonder if you could try running in the swimming pool to help your knee???

imageHello everyone wonder if you can help my hubby he is looking for a camping site or farm that would allow camping within 3 miles of Dieppe - also a site near Gournay-en-bray or Ferrieres-en-Bray and a site near Triel sur Siene/Chanteloup-les-Vignes. Any place within cycling distance to these places would be appreciated - he is doing London to Paris cycle for Wiltshire Air Ambulance (thats why I'm doing Bristol half Mara).

imageTa for any help - will see you all tmmrw and see what you think about me joining a club and will ask you about my run today.

TTFN Nessie

• Options

Morning everyone - happy Saturday!

KM - Hope the cough is better now - you must be so frustrated! Hopefully it won't last too much longer and you can get out running again.

BS - Hope the knee is better too. I like Plod's advice about running in the pool? I considered that the other week when I had a dodgy ankle, but luckily it didn't last too long.

Plod - I don't know anything about camping sites or cycling I'm afraid, but nice to see a post from you image

I'm just waiting for my breakfast to go down, then I'm off for a run. My Saturday runs are becoming my favourites because I go off road and through some woods and a golf course. They're harder (bloody hills!) but much prettier. As an added bonus, my parents usually meet me in a pub garden at the end of it, so I've always got a pint of ice water waiting for me. (They just like any excuse to be in a pub garden image)

• Options

Morning all.. *checks watch* I think it's still morning??

KM - It will pass...Just give it time.. Frustrating I know but once the lungs are back to functioning well, you will be back where you were in no time..

Plod- No ideas on the camping sites but lovely to see a post from you!  Good on your hubbie for doing Wiltshire to Paris.. I am impressed!

LM - Have a wonderful run.. When you are back, I want to quiz your brains about going further.. (says the woman who hasn't been able to run at all this week!)

Hoping to get back out there much later today when it has cooled down a bit.. Thinking too about going to a proper running shop to get fitted up...but then again... *grin*

Happy Saturday all.

BS 

• Options

I had a very frustrating run today! My left ankle (which was hurting last week, but then felt better) was hurting again today. Not huge amounts and it feels fine now, but it didn't feel good to run on. Before I've had aches and they've just gone away, but this one I decided not to push. I did about 15 minutes of running, then gave in and stretched my legs and calves a lot, and just tried to enjoy the walk. Quite hard, given that I was INCREDIBLY frustrated but at least the weather was nice.

In the same run, I got chased by a dog, almost hit by a golf ball, and while running through the woods, I heard a massive thud about 5 feet from me - turned out a squirrel had fallen out of the tree and narrowly avoided landing on me! Ever have one of those runs where it seems like fate is saying, "Just go home!".

Anyway, I'm going to rest the foot for a couple of days - I think I went back too quick after I hurt it last week, and I did my two longest runs yet this week. It's probably just grumbling at me a bit.

BS - Happy to (try to!) answer any questions you have. Hope you made it out for your run today image

• Options

Oh LM - that really does sound annoyingl.. but I am trying to suppress a giggle at the squirrel story!

Didn't get out today again - had an awful headache most of the day and retired to bed at around 5 I haven't run now for quite a long time (week??) so wonder really if I have the energy to get out there again, especially in this heat...

Will try again tomorrow...

MWAH to all!

• Options

My foot is better today, so I've just had a fabulous run this morning. It is bloody hot, and I was looking fairly unattractive by the end of it, but all good fun. The weirdest thing, I was running in shorts and a vest and I was boiling hot. Another runner went past me in thick tracksuit bottoms and a hoodie!

BS - Hope your head is feeling better today. It could be the hot weather causing it - make sure to drink loads of water today!

I'm off to take advantage of the fact it's finally bikini weather and lay in my garden doing absolutely nothing. Have a great day all image

• Options

Did it today and went out..

Felt dreadful at the beginning but it slowly came together and did the full run..

Then did the full half hour and 50 minutes on the Wii as well...

Feeling so much better.. 

• Options

Glad you did it. Apparently it's normal to feel rubbish at the beginning of a run. Even my marathon running friend says so, and I trust her judgement on all things running related.

Do you have the Wii fit or just the normal Wii? We already have the Wii, but my mum is after the Wii fit and is interested in reviews.

• Options

Been having probs with my injured calf & have not ran for over a week. Went out today just on the intention of doing a mile or two but it felt good after the normal rubbish start lol, so i just kept running & ended up doing 6 & a half miles. I can't tell you how great i felt after that & i now know i can do a 10K. Still buzzing now.  

• Options

Hello all - back again.  Running not so great - chest is still reallt tight which means I can manage about half a mile before my lungs give up.  Going to try and go the docs but my 10K in June now looks dodgy as I don't think I'll be fit enough to run it!

• Options

AS - Go you! 6 and a half miles is fantastic! I'm a mixture of impressed and jealous image. Glad that the calf is better too. Have you got a 10k race lined up?

KM - Sorry you're still not feeling too good - hopefully the doc could help. Maybe you need antibiotics or something?

Everyone else - Have a great day. I'm off work all week, so it's a lazy day for me today.

• Options

AS - Bravo..I can't believe that miles like that are within reach!

KM - Sorry about the lack of wellness.  Go and get sorted and then get back to running - it will be there for you.

LM - The wii fit is fantastic and really good fun but works well in conjunction with running.  I would want to do aerobic exercise too.

No running today but the knees aren't too bad..

I think I may have flat feet actually and that would explain the aches and pains...

MWAH all..

• Options

LM - i just missed one yesterday but i know there is another local one in june so as soon as i get paid i will apply for it, can't wait now.

BS - i used to think i would never do anythng like this but i am determined to succeed & i know you will too. My hips are a bit achy today but it feels great in a sadistic kind of way lol

• Options
    Adrian - I thought it was just me who felt good about the aches! Not the annoying ones that stop me running, but the kind you get the day after a really fantastic run.
  • Options

Sitting here trying to build myself up to going out...

Reluctant to for some reason.. afraid I will fail perhaps?

• Options
    I still can't run, am officially a non-runner
  • Options

Hugs for you Kate..

And you AREN'T a non runner - you are a ill runner... Very different..

(((((((((((((KM)))))))))))))))

• Options
    Thanks BS - how did your run go?
  • Options

Hiya,

Can i join in please? I'm a new runner/jogger.  Ran for 3 miles yesterday and am suffering today image

Louise

• Options

Hi Louise and welcome to the club!

Bravo on doing 3 miles.. I am still building up to a couple of kilometres!

KM - I did it... and then came back and did more on the Wii..so feeling pretty good about myself..Bit nervous about the next step though - R3W1 - how silly is that??

I am always amazed that I manage to do it!

• Options

Thanks! Only just found the runners world site and already spending far too much time on it.  Keep looking at articles and the forum bits when I should be working lol

Hope you don't mind me asking, whats R3W1?

• Options

BS - Well done on the run! Good luck with the R3W1 - I remember that one seemed like a big step to me. A couple of times I ended up extending the walking breaks to 1.5 mins. It's amazing how quickly you build up though image

KM - Sorry you're still feeling rubbish - BS is right though, you're not a non runner, you're an ill runner and there is totally a difference.

Louise - Welcome! Well done on the 3 miles. I did 3 miles today and I totally struggled with this heat! I don't even want to think about what I looked like afterwards!

• Options

Hiya all,

LM - you are not alone, the aches are good

Louise you are always very welcome, i think this might just be one of the best & friendliest threads on here.

BS - never be afraid of failing, i had a great 6 & a half mile run on sunday but the run on the friday before that i tried to run 3 miles & did totally rubbish, kept having to stop to catch my breath. We all have bad days but it just makes the good days even better.

Had a good one tonight, got a PB for 3 miles & i have just signed up to do my first 10k on june 15th.